Silvermanes food diary - Extra easy plan

Wednesday 24th march

Breakfast: 2 Weetabix HeB plus skimmed milk HeA

Lunch:2 frylite fried eggs, baked beans, 2 quorn sausages, lean bacon

Dinner:Roasted Chicken breast, with SW roasted potatoes with skins, Carrots and peas.

Pudding malteser ice cream bar 45ml (5 1/2 syns)

Snacks:Fruit, syn free Apricot and Nectarine yoghurt.

Drinks: Coffee with skimmed milk HeA and sweetners. 2 tsps honey (2 syns) - Morrocan tea.

Total Syns 7 1/2 syns

Defo got a kidney infection, which means I had a urinary infection or a while, and I didnt notice, cos I didnt have the usual symtoms except for frequent peeing, which tbh as a part of my illness, I already have, so didnt have a clue of anything different :p whoops

I tried a tried a Liptons tea called Morrocan today, and oh my yummmyyy

Also I discovered a really good way to do my peas. I just sprayed them with a little buttery flavoured frylite and a small sprinkling of salt before I steamed them and YUM!!!!! It tasted like I had stirred in butter!!! :D:D I imagine you could do this with any veg :D YUM!

Thursday 25th march

Dinner:Smoked Sausage and bacon hotpot (with carrots, onions and courgette SF) served with Mash potatoes with finally chopped spring onions mixed in (1 1/2 syns)

PuddingTropical fruit salad.

Snacks:Fruit, syn free Strawberry yoghurt. Piece of scan bran fruit cake (3 syns)

Drinks: Coffee with skimmed milk HeA and sweetners. 4 tsps honey (4 syns) - Green tea and Jasmine and also Chamomile tea.

Total Syns 8 1/2 syns

Been baking up a storm today, made a batch of fairy cakes for the kids, and did brit mums scanbran fruit cake, which is really lush. Although my partner doesn't really like the texture (so more for me lol) I have cooked 2 oranges to have a go at cooking her orange and Almond cake tomoz! :cool:

I feel a bit poopy at the moment thanks to my infection and seem to go from feeling not to bad to feeling really rank in a short space of time, and I am peeing for england lol :p

I hate feeling bloated tho yuk

Sorry to hear your not feeling too great :eek: Hope you feel better soon.
Your still doing so well, I'm going to experiment with some scan bran ideas this weekend and also mousse from jelly and mullerlights....kept meaning to do but always forget doh!
Looking forward to hearing what the Orange and Almond cake is like :)

Have a great weekend

Claire

Thanks Claire I appreciate the kind thoughts! I have never done that jelly thingy, tell me how it goes! Time escaped from me today, so doing the cake tomoz instead, will let you know how it goes.

Had a flexi syn day today as my GF took me for a chinese buffet for lunch, but tbh I was so stuffed I didnt eat dinner lol I ate tons of yummy veg tho, and noodle dishes, I am strange cos i do LOVE my veg! lol I had loads of stuffed mushrooms, they were so incredibly yummy lol

Saturday 28th March

Lunch: Oatbran roll (6 syns) 2 frylite eggs and ketchup (1/2 syn) Piece Scan bran cake (3 syns)

Dinner:SW spaghetti bolognese (1/2 syn)

Snacks:Fruit

Drinks: Coffee with skimmed milk HeA and sweetners. Coke Zero

Total Syns 10

Went to see how to train your dragon and managed to resist the popcorn! Cant believe a small popcorn is like 66 syns!! It was enough to stop me, I can tell ya lol Had a good day food wise, althou again used most of my syns.

Hey Lou, yeah am feeling better, much better.

Last edited:
Sunday 28th March

Breakfast: 2 Weetabix HeB plus skimmed milk (2 syns)

Lunch: Chicken and mushroom pasta n sauce with added peas and sweetcorn.

Dinner:Pork loin steaks (all fat removed) seasoned, serve with SW homity pie - Reduced fat cheese in pie HeA (a family favourite)

Snacks: Fruit, scan bran cake (3 syns) , orange and almond cake (2.5 syns) Oatbran roll ( 6 syns)toasted then topped with sweet chilli and pepper cottage cheese and sliced beetroot.

Drinks: Coffee with skimmed milk (1 1/2 syns) and sweetners. Coke Zero

Total Syns 15

Took the kids down the yard today, so they could have a lesson on Dylan our pony, they had a lot of fun, then went for a really nice walk on the common with the other half. She is decorating our utility room at the moment and its looking fabby. Food wise I did well today, and used most of my syns, all that fresh air made me starving.

WI tomoz, not really expecting a loss, as had the chinese buffet plus thanks to the water infection I am bloated like anything lol

Also this is my third night of not eating after 9pm. I am a terrible night time grazer, and although I always stayed within plan, I feel that its a bad habit, which I need to kick Its actually really hard!!

Last edited:
Monday 29th March

Lunch: 2 slices WW wholemeal bread (6 1/2 syns) Ketchup 1/2 tbsp (1/2 syn) 2 frylite fried eggs.

Dinner:Did Brit mums Pasta Chicken Enchiladas | Slimming Eats - this was yummy and because I didn't increase her sugar and ketchup quantities (and I used splenda brown sugar blend instead of normal brown sugar) The syns ended up being negligible for 5 people.

At worst I would say count 1/2 syn - served with a syn free salad, and syn free dressing, which I made myself! :D

Snacks:

Drinks: Coffee with skimmed milk (2 syns) and sweetners. Diet water and diet summer fruits.

Total Syns 11 1/2 syns

Was gutted today cos was really looking forward to my last piece of scan bran cake, and it had gone mouldy! I have been having a piece a day, obviously it wont keep for 4 days. Might try keeping it in the fridge see if that helps as my kitchen is quite warm. Although I did have it in a proper cake tin. HUMPH! :cry:

I lost 2 Ib's this week :D

Last edited:
Sunday 29th March

Lunch: 2 slices WW wholemeal bread (6 1/2 syns) Ketchup 1/2 tbsp (1/2 syn) 2 frylite fried eggs.

Dinner:Did Brit mums Pasta Chicken Enchiladas | Slimming Eats - this was yummy and because I didn't increase her sugar and ketchup quantities (and I used splenda brown sugar blend instead of normal brown sugar) The syns ended up being negligible for 5 people.

At worst I would say count 1/2 syn - served with a syn free salad, and syn free dressing, which I made myself! :D

Snacks:

Drinks: Coffee with skimmed milk (2 syns) and sweetners. Diet water and diet summer fruits.

Total Syns 11 1/2 syns

Was gutted today cos was really looking forward to my last piece of scan bran cake, and it had gone mouldy! I have been having a piece a day, obviously it wont keep for 4 days. Might try keeping it in the fridge see if that helps as my kitchen is quite warm. Although I did have it in a proper cake tin. HUMPH! :cry:

I lost 2 Ib's this week :D

Glad you liked the Chicken Enchiladas :)

I have the same problem with scan bran cake. So started keeping it in the fridge and it does last longer. If I don't want it too cold straight from the fridge, I zing it in the microwave just for a couple of secs and it is fine. Sometimes scan bran cake is actually quite niced warmed up with light squirty cream that melts over it ;)

Last edited:
Yikes I just realised I have been under-guestimating my bread syns by 1 1/2 syns!!! I was assuming the syns were the same as the WW danish bread and its not!! Will make sure I dont make that mistake again!! *gulp*

Hi brit mum, thanks for the tip, I am defo gonna try keeping it in the fridge because I love this cake and look forward to my slice with a coffee each day. My OH loves the flavour but doesn't like the texture much, hence why I tried your orange cake, which she loves!

Hi Gonnabesmall my WI was fine, I lost 2! Which surprised me tbh!! Cos I havent been angelic lol Ty for your comments about my plans :)

Tuesday 30th March

Lunch: Green pepper and spring onion cheese omelette (2 syns)

Dinner: Large lean rump steak, grilled, sprayed with butter frylite and seasoned with plenty of salt pepper and garlic. Served with a large salad, homemade vinaigrette dressing, VLF onion and chive cottage cheese, Cous cous Ainsley harriet (1/2 syn) 2 whole beetroots...this was very yummy!

Snacks: 2 x Alpen lights HeB

Pudding:fruit salad with strawberry mullerlite on top

Drinks: Coffee with skimmed milk HeA and sweetners. Diet water and coke zero.

Total Syns 2 1/2 syns

Really enjoyed my rump steak!! Couldnt afford thos often as 3 good sized rump steaks was £10 eeek! but was worth every penny! :D

Last edited:
Wednesday 31st March

Breakfast: 2 Weetabix HeB and skimmed milk HeA

Lunch: Baked potatoe and baked beans

Dinner: Flexi syns as its my 7 month anniversary and we went for a Chinese buffet to celebrate.

Snacks:fruit

Drinks: Coffee with skimmed milk HeA and sweetners. Diet water and coke zero coke/diet.

Total Syns Flexi syns

Really enjoyed my dinner.....I wonder why lol

Thursday 1st April

Breakfast: 2 Weetabix HeB and skimmed milk 1/2 a HeA

Dinner:Brit mums SW ultimate burgers (6 1/2 syns) and half a HeA, and a large salad, with cous cous and vlf cottage cheese and whole beetroots.

Snacks:cream egg (9 syns)

Drinks: Coffee with skimmed milk HeA and sweetners. Diet water and coke zero coke/

Total Syns 15 1/2 syns

Mmmmmm I love these burgers and did them with BBQ seasoning for a change, YUM! I used half my cheese allowance so I could split my milk allowance

Friday 2nd April

Breakfast:2 Weetabix HeB and skimmed milk - (3 syns)

Lunch:Baked beans, lean bacon, 2 frylite fried eggs, garlic mushrooms, Quorn sausage.

Dinner: Did brit mums Mexican Chicken Bake | Slimming Eats Was very yummy and used 1 HeA.

Snacks:Orange and almond cake -(2 1/2 syns)

Drinks:Coffee with skimmed milk (3 syns) and sweetners. 2 sugars 2 syns. Diet water and coke zero coke/

Total Syns 8 1/2 syns

tried another one of Brit mums recipes today and it was yummy. I got a bit left over to make for lunch tomoz, just gonna cook it with some bacon and mushrooms yum yum

Saturday 3rd April

Brunch:Left over Mexican chicken bake with small bit of reduced fat cheese (2 syns)

Dinner:SW Bolognese with linguine pasta

Snacks:Fruit and creme egg (9 syns)

Drinks:Coffee with skimmed milk HeA and sweetners. Diet water and coke zero coke

Easter treat: Flexi syns, we had a small popcorn and and small back of pic and mix as our Easter treat.

Total Syns Flexi day

Sunday 4th April

Breakfast:2 weetabix HeB and skimmed milk HeA

Lunch: 2 x lean bacon and 2 x frylite fried eggs, mushrooms and baked beans

Dinner:Rump steak (was on offer yayyy) and large syn free salad, cous cous (1/2 syn) and beetroot and boiled egg.

Snacks:Fruit and slice orange and almond cake (2 1/2 syns). Yoghurt shape zero.

Drinks:Coffee with skimmed milk HeA and sweetners. Diet water and coke zero coke

Total Syns 3 syns

Had a lushy day today, tons of fresh air out with Dylan my welsh cob and the dawgies, so feel all poopied.

Back