Silvermanes food diary - Extra easy plan

Wednesday 14th April

Lunch: 2 x Weetabix HeB with HeA skimmed milk and a banana

Dinner:Home made syn free Chicken and vegetable curry. Served with 50g brown basmati rice. 2 heaped desert-spoons of VLF fromage frais on top of the curry, sprinkled with paprika.

My own recipe:

Diced chicken, Red pepper, Green pepper, diced baby sweetcorn, brocolli, Onion, 2 small handfuls red lentils, 4 garlic cloves, diced fresh ginger, tin of chopped tomatoes, 200 ml vegetable stock. seasoning: salt, pepper, paprika, 4 cloves, 4 cardamon pods, inch cinnamon, garam masala, ground cumin, ground coriander. bay leaf.

img0093lf.jpg

Pudding: I really fancied trifle so I had sliced banana with sugar free jelly (1/2 syn) and poured over a 150g pot low fat ambrosia custard (5 1/2 syns) YUM!!

Snacks:Fruit. Walkers light cheese and onion crisps (5 1/2 syns)

Drinks:Coffee with skimmed milk HeA and sweetners. Diet water and diet coke

Total Syns 11

After much encouragement by Brit mum I decided to give brown rice a go! I bought brown basmati rice, and ok I agree its not as bad as I thought it was going to be. It didnt taste funny tbh at all. Maybe a little firmer than normal basmati, but thats fine. I am so confused about quanitities so I went by the 'suggested' serving which is 50g. Its ALOT less than I normally have, so I defo achieved 'less' which is what I wanted.

I had a massive craving for 'normal crisps today, so I went for the walkers lights to achieve my craving without going off plan, and they were rather nice! Alos had a craving for trifle and managed to get round that too! All without going off plan.

I feel fine! Yayy! I already feel less bloated! :D:D

Thursday 15th April

Breakfast: 2 x Weetabix HeB with HeA skimmed milk

Lunch:Mugshot (2 syns) Banana and an activia fat free yoghurt

Dinner:Roast chicken breast, with the skin removed, large alfresco salad with homemade syn free dressing. 4 crabsticks. whole beetroots. 50g ainsley harriets wild mushroom cous cous (1/2 syn)

Pudding: My sister gave me an idea about a yummy pudding she had when she craved sweet stuff so I gave it an SW twirl. Basically she uses angel delight and I used a mullerlite.

So just sliced banana with a standard cadbury flake (8 1/2 syns) crumbled all over banana, and then pour a mullerlite banana custard yoghurt on the top and mix it together. It was NOM NOM!!

Snacks:Fruit.

Total Syns 11

Friday 16th April

Lunch:banana, Whole beetroot, Walkers lights (5 1/2 syns)

Dinner:Low syn Thai green curry (2 1/2 syns)

Recipe:

This is adapted from a recipe I found on this site, which was actually taken from the phillidelphia website. Although to make it ok for Extra Easy on Slimming World I had to tweak the recipe.

2 syns per serving.

2 tsp Thai green curry paste ( I used Barts)
3 cloves garlic
1 inch fresh ginger
300ml vegetable stock
4 chicken breasts, sliced
1 small onion, finely sliced
Baby Sweetcorn diced
French beans diced
Mangetout sliced in half.
1 red pepper, diced
150 g Philadelphia Light (30g per person, I cooked for 5 people)
4 tblsp semi-skimmed milk

Served on a bed of rice ( I used 50g brown basmati for myself)

So I cooked the onion and garlic and chicken in frylite, added the vegetable's and herbs etc and poured over the vegetable stock, allowed to simmer. Cooked my rice, and when that was ready, took the curry off the heat, and stirred through the philidelphia. Served.

This worked out to be 2 syns per portion including the semi skimmed milk.

Its was DEVINE!!!! It was seriously YUM!!! We will be having this again!!

img0102pt.jpg

Pudding: Skinny cow triple choc icecream (4 1/2 syns)

Snacks:Fruit.

Total Syns 12 1/2

I feel like I am doing REALLY well on my lower carbs week. I thought I would be starving, but i'm not. I am also enjoying the brown rice alternative.

Tomoz were having homemade burgers and salad, and Sunday were having a chicken (althoguh were having turkey cos cant find chicken) meatloaf, I have seen on Britmums website, which looks yum. Which I am having with sweet potatoe mash (everyone else is having normal mash) and veg. So this week I haven't had any white carbs at all. Which tbh I was surprised at, but I did it!

Last edited:
Saturday 17th April

Lunch:Mushroom basil omelette with baked beans

Dinner: Homemade burgers with oatbran roll (6 syns) and Ketchup (1/2 syns) and 1/2 slice cheese (2 syns) and cous cous (1/2 syn) and a large superfree salad with free dressing.

Snacks:Fruit. Rainbow drops ( 5 1/2 syns)

Total Syns 14

Ate in the garden, which was nice, had a lovely walk.

Sunday 18th April

Lunch:Mugshot (2 syns) and an apple.

Dinner: Britmums Chicken Meatloaf with a Rosemary, Garlic and Tomato Sauce, served with 2 sweet potatoes, mashed, and Brocolli and carrots.

Snacks:Fruit. Walkers light crisps (5 1/2 syns) Activia fat free yoghurt. Light choices Carrots and orange cake slice (4 1/2 syns)

Drinks:Coffee with skimmed milk HeA and sweetners. Extra milk for coffee (1 syn)

Total Syns 13

Had a lovely day today, took the girls for a hack on Dylan in the countryside which they loved, and it meant I got an extra walk today. As I walked with them, as they are still beginners. Then took the dawgs out as well. I am knackered lol Did a new recipe of Britmums which was a big success and tasted scrummy.

Did a whole week of no white carbs and I am very proud of myself!

Last edited:
Yeah, actually I do feel a lot less bloated.

Also having the reduced carbs, I thought I would be starving but I'm not.

They do say tho, that the wholemeal, brown carbs keep you fuller for longer, and I do feel less hungry since I have been on the brown carbs, and even tho I am basically halving my carb intake, the 'fuller for longer' brown carbs seem to be doing the trick.

I was worried about feeling hungry, because I was worried about triggering a binge. What i've done though is included some sort of 'naughty' treat into my diet every day, to try and satisfy that binge craving thing that I get. Thats helping I feel. So i defo feel that I am feeling the benfit. Will see what the scales say tomoz!! As its my WI day! :)

congratulations!

Monday 19th April

Lunch:Mugshot (2 syns) and activia yoghurt fatfree.

Dinner: Philadelphia recipe for Carbonara. Tweaked for SW

Ingredients I used for 5 people (2 1/2 syns per person):

75g brown spaghetti for me, and 100g per person plain spaghetti, for everyone else
1 pk Lean bacon diced
Good handful of sliced mushrooms
150g Philadelphia Light
2 egg yolks
300ml veg stock

Whilst your pasta is cooking. Mix your eggs yolks with the Philadelphia and put to one side til ready.

Using frylite fry off your lean bacon and mushrooms and add the stock. Keep it warm.

When your pasta is nearly ready, add the Philadelphia mix to your bacon and heat through, turning up the heat a tiny bit (dont let it boil) so that its simmering, gently, the yolks make the sauce thicken. As soon as it thickens its ready.

As soon as your pasta is ready, drain it and add the bacon mixture and mix well.

In their recipe they add the pasta at the stock point, but as I am using two diff pasta's I found it easier to do it this way.

This was seriously a lovely dinner!! Very creamy, and it feels so luxurious for the syns!

img0104on.jpg

Snacks:Fruit. Shape zero yoghurt. 1 sugar while out (1 syn)

Drinks:Coffee with semi skimmed milk HeA and sweetners. Extra milk for coffee (1 syn). Diet coke.

Total Syns 5 1/2 syns

Had a lovely day today,spent the morning with Dylan giving him a good groom. Went shopping with the OH and after tea went for a walk with the dawgs. I am well knackered lol I really like the Philadelphia recipe section. I love that I can do really what tastes like luxurious recipes for very low syns!

You make me very jealous, I would love to have a horse :sigh: Just love them ahhhh
xx

I am lucky, I do feel blessed by him, my mum bought him for me, (he was very cheap £500) to help me with my illness. As my physio thought horse riding would be good for my core muscles (I used to be a experienced rider), as my pelvis was flexing all the time, due to poor muscle tone, which was making my pubic bone click out all the time.

My illness was making me very depressed, as I went from being incredibly active, to having to sometimes on very bad days walk with two sticks. Spending time with him, is very theraputic, its lifted my spirits so much, and it did help my pelvis prob tons.

My sister worked at a stables and has her own horse, so she looks after Dylan for me most of the time. I try to get down to see him 3-4 times. Sometimes I can ride him on a good day, and if i'm not too good I just spend some time with him grooming him. I have a friend who rides him for me, when I cant, so that he keeps fit.

I would recommend horse therapy to anyone who needs a lift, its trully helped me more than I can say. :D

My two daughters are learning to ride him as well, so its become a real family thing, also I thought he'd be really expensive to keep but actually he is not that bad, as he lives out. When I was paying to have rides it was costing me £25 a time, and he actually saves me money.

Tuesday 20th April

Lunch:Bacon omelette and baked beans

Dinner: Roast chicken breast (skin removed ... god I wanted to stuff it in my gob soooo bad!) Roasted sweet potatoes (frylite) Roasted courgettes, steamed carrots and brocolli. Low syn gravy (2 syns)

Snacks:Fruit. Shape zero yoghurt. Skinny cow icecream (4 1/2 syns)

Drinks:Coffee with skimmed milk HeA and sweetners. Diet coke.

Total Syns 6 1/2 syns

Spent the morning with Dylan, went out for a gentle walk around the lanes with my sister, he got a bit scared of the cows. It was lovely and sunny. I am suffering a bit now, so on my heavy duty painkillers. OH came down and spent some time with me down there, the hawks were out, their amazing.Did a little more weeding this afternoon, my arms are killing now, but I do like to get out in the fresh air, I only wish it didnt knock me for six so much.

Last edited:
Wednesday 21st April

Lunch:was a bit rushed today so had a banana and snack a jacks prawn cocktail flavour (5 1/2 syns)

Dinner: Syn free beef chilli with 50g brown rice

Snacks:Fruit. mullerlite. Treat size buttons (4 1/2 syns) 2 x Pink and whites (5 syns)

Drinks:Coffee with skimmed milk HeA and sweetners. Diet coke.

Total Syns 15 syns

God I am having a bad craving day today, so used all my syns up trying to get them to go away lol.

Back