Silvermanes food diary - Extra easy plan

Monday 5th April

Breakfast:2 weetabix HeB and skimmed milk HeA

Lunch:Orange and Almond cake (2 1/2 syns) and Shape zero yoghurt.

Dinner:SW Beef Stroganoff served with rice and 1/3 plate of Carrots and Savoy cabbage

Snacks:Fruit

Pudding:Skinny cow triple chocolate icecream (4 1/2 syns)

Drinks:Coffee with skimmed milk HeA and sweetners. Diet water and coke zero coke

Total Syns 7

Tuesday 6th April

Breakfast:42g weetaflakes HeB and skimmed milk HeA

Lunch:2 pieces nimble WM (5 syns) with lean ham and lettuce, sliced tomatoes, sliced cucumber and sliced beetroot. extra light mayonnaise (1/2 syn)

Dinner:sin free Pork stir fry with noodles

Snacks:Fruit and mullerlite

Drinks:Coffee with skimmed milk HeA and sweetners. Diet water and coke zero coke

Total Syns 5 1/2 syns

Last edited:
Today has been a bad day for food munchy craving. I just want to eat everything that could possibly be bad for me. Chocolate hobknobs, ben and jerrys icecream, mars bar, triple choc muffins...you get the idea huh?

Sometimes I question losing weight, I been fat so long, I wonder if I will be happy being thin. I like food, I like eating ****, I miss it.

I cant be thin and eat everything I want, its bullshit when they say, no food is a syn. All the naughty stuff is a bloody syn, cos you have to syn it. Yeah you can have it, but you only get 15 syns a day and by the time you take into account things for main meals, you barely have enough for a kitkat never mind a triple choc muffin. *sigh*

If you eat it you feel guilty, or you eat it and pay the consequence's. Its certainly not easy by any means, and it really really is worse than giving up smoking.

So again I focus on my goals, cos that's all I have to cling to right now, cos if I didn't I would be planting my teeth into a chocolate doughnut right now!

Very honest and a post to which I can really relate to. The only thing I try to focus on is that even if we do have the odd slip up and eat the **** then its a damn sight better than eatting like that every day and gaining tons of weight.
At least if we incorporate it into our sins or flexi syns were less likely to have gains.
I do sometimes wonder if we will ever be able to think like a "slim" person but I really doubt it. I worry I will always have a problem with food but hoping that with SW we stand the best chance of success.
Don't be too hard on yourself hunny, your doing really well, be proud of your achievements.
Hugs :)
xx

Thank you hun, I appreciate the thoughts. I just finding today really hard. When I was in tescos I saw all these thin people putting things like Mississippi mud pies in their shopping and wishing I had their metabolism. For over 15 years I have eaten what I wanted to eat, most of the time. I have always been plump, I haven't been below 11 stone since I was 21. Put on weight with both my kids, never really lost it all, so always been plump. Like to cook, like to eat, never really liked being plump. Havent worn a dress since I was 24!! I am 38 now.

I have a pony called Dylan that in reality I am too heavy to ride, and can only ride him for 15 minutes partly due to my illness not currently allowing me more riding time, but also because its not fair on him. I feel I am letting him down and myself down, I love him to bits. Since I have been ill I slowly put on 4 stone, and am frustrated by my lack of mobility and also on top of that have a thyroid that doesn't work (hypothyroidism). I feel like I am on an uphill battle, because I have a bad metabolism, bad mobility. I miss my old life (pre illness) and I feel so incredibly frustrated by everything. *sigh* I feel under this enormous pressure, that I think I have put myself under, but I need this, its better for my legs, better for Dylan, better for my health, better for lots of reasons, but its so bloody hard!!

aaawww sweetheart.i totally sympathise with you.i feel exactley the same about food and allthough you can eat a lot more on this diet it is still hard.i too used to eat untill the cows came home,never really felt full and to eat a whole packet of biscuits was nothing and somtimes now i think will this ever last.ive never been small either and after having my 4 children id blame it on baby weight ,but cant really blame that now as my youngest is 21 months old.
i dont know i really dont.somtimes i get so ratty cos i cant have what i want and if i do go off track i do it properly thinking **** ,ive done it now messed up my plan so may as well carry on then feel guilty as hell about it.
think most of us go through the same.
in my family ive allways been the tubby one its not fair when my sister is so prim at a size 8,and do you know what makes me really mad is that she thinks shes fat?!?!?.
dont beat yourself up though honey you do waht your body or mind is telling you.
i am for the feeling i get when i weigh on fri if i lose and set myself mini targets each week,like this week im aiming for 2lb so i would have lost 2 .5 stone then.at the moment i feel good as i had to return a never thought id get into a 14,for a size...wait for it 12.wow what a feeling(there a bit snug but hay its a 12)when i 1st started this in september my aim was to get into a size 16,but i feel so proud when i had to return for a smaller size,usually its the other way around have to return them for somthing bigger

but im sending you some long cuddly arms and big kisses to cheer you up xxxxxxxxx

Your post reminded me of my family. My sister is a size 8/10 and moans that she is fat, it drives me mad! She mostly looks after Dylan for me and I know she doesnt mean to upset me but she keeps on going on about my weight, and my ass being too big for the saddle...which is strange because when I do ride him I don't hang over the edge, she makes me feel like I am the size of an elephant, and always punctuates her sentences with 'not being funny'.

Thing is I was riding him last year, (summers are so good for my illness) even though I was heavier and she never said anything. But I was quite bad with my illness this winter (winter sucks for my illness), and my friend had to help out riding him, and she is like 11 stone (i'm 14), so she is now saying he is used to a much lighter weight! I sometimes feel a bit like now her and my friend are very close, that actually they don't want me there anymore, like I feel like an intruder, at my own yard, with my own pony, that I pay for! Then I feel ungrateful because when I was ill they have looked after him and made sure he was ok. I feel jealous, and resentful and wish I was healthy, so I didn't have to rely on them!

I wish that going for a 30 minute walk didn't kill me, and that eating what i want didnt make me the size of a house lol

Thanks guys for letting me vent!

aaw im nearly here in tears i can so sympathise honey.so im sending you more love and cuddles.my sisters never say anything about my weight cos no one should ever be nasty about anyones weight its horrible.growing up i always had little jibes thrown my way and ive now grown up im so paronoid about everything and i mean everything.i get myself so wound up and in such a state over nothing.i need to harden up but its really not in me to give nasty jibes back.i always beleived in treat others how youd like to be treated yourself.but im finding some friends that i have had have **** all over me,there not friends anymore thank god.

but honey if you need a good moan were all here xxx
sorry to moan to you about my problems 2 x

Wednesday 7th April

Lunch:2 pieces nimble WM HeB with lean ham and lettuce, sliced tomatoes, sliced cucumber and sliced beetroot. extra light mayonnaise (1/2 syn)

Dinner:3 lighter choice tesco cumberland sausages (3 syns) Mash potatoes with Spring onion added to it. SW onion syn free gravy and peas and sweetcorn.

Snacks:Fruit

Pudding:A large yummy fruit salad (all the yummy fruit was on offer nom nom) and VLF fromage frais with chocolate options mixed in, splenda and tsp vanilla essence (4 syns)

Drinks:Coffee with skimmed milk HeA and sweetners. Diet water and diet coke

Total Syns 7 1/2 syns

Well I know why I am craving so bad! I was so bad today I felt tearful.....then I started my period!! LOL!!!

I resisted a soft pretzel and a Miss Millies cookie and one of her amazing icecream milkshakes and I could have torn my right arm off for one. I actually sulked in Tescos cos I wanted something naughty so bad!

So hence the chocolate options fromage fraise, my C recommended it :D I got to do something its making me mega stroppy lol

Last edited:
Thursday 8th April

Breakfast:2 x Weetabix HeB with HeA skimmed milk

Lunch:Mugshot (2 syns) pickled egg, whole beetroot, banana and an apple, mullerlite

Dinner:2 x salmon fillets and mixed fresh vegetabled drizzled in balsamic vinegar.

Pudding:Minty skinny cow (4 1/2 syns)

Snacks:Fruit and shape zero.

Total Syns 6 1/2 syns

OMG the mint skinny cow was LUSH!!

Friday 9th April

Lunch:Mugshot (2 syns) pickled egg, mullerlite

Dinner:Slow cooked gammon with batchelor savoury rice and carrots and savoy cabbage.

Pudding:Minty skinny cow (4 1/2 syns) NOM NOM!

Snacks:Fruit.

Total Syns 6 1/2 syns

Had a terrible time today, was really poorly this morning with my period again, I cant wait to have my ultrasound to find out whats going on, I have never been in so much pain! :(:(:(

Saturday 10th April

Lunch:Mugshot (2 syns) mullerlite

Dinner:Brit mums ultimate burgers, oatbran roll (6 syns) and slice healthy eating cheese (4 syns) with ketchup (1/2 syn). with lean bacon and a frylite fried egg. Served with large superfree salad, and Ainsley harriet cous cous (1/2 syn) 3 small whole beetroot.

Pudding:Strawberrys with strawberry mullerlite

Total Syns13

Weather was so lovely today, we took the dawgs up to Rudge Hill Common and had a lovely relaxed walk with them, and they loved it.I live in the Cotswolds, and am so blessed, as it is beautiful round here.

Then I managed to do a bit of gardening. I so glad its dry for a bit, sick of the miserable weather, I love sorting the garden out, making it nice to sit in, in the summer :)

Sunday 11th April

Lunch:Mushroom omelette

Dinner:Brit mums Chicken (although we used turkey lol) and pasta Mexican enchiladas (6 1/2 syns - cheese and 1 syn of the other ingredients, ketchup and brown blend splenda)

Snacks:Fruit. Mullerlite. Treat size cadbury buttons (4 syns) and treat size milkyway (3.5 syns)

Total Syns 14

Had my friend over for dinner, so did one of Brit mums recipes which went down a treat. before dinner we all went for a lovely walk.

I'm on my menses and craving rubbish, so am particularly proud of myself that I managed to have a little bit of naughties without having a flexi day...yayyyy

Friday 9th April

Lunch:Mugshot (2 syns) pickled egg, mullerlite

Dinner:Slow cooked gammon with batchelor savoury rice and carrots and savoy cabbage.

Pudding:Minty skinny cow (4 1/2 syns) NOM NOM!

Total Syns 6 1/2 syns

Had a terrible time today, was really poorly this morning with my period again, I cant wait to have my ultrasound to find out whats going on, I have never been in so much pain! :(:(:(

I have very painful periods and have recently diagnosed with endometriosis but need a laparoscopy to confirm and remove - BMI needs to be 30 so I have a way to go!! I went back to doctor for different painkillers and as of yesterday am pain free whilst on my period. Sorry to hijack your food diary thread but you need to keep on at the doctors to get help, good luck.

Hey Jilly thanks for your lovely thoughts. I have new painkillers to! Am on Naproxen and I take paracetomol with them, and it has helped enormously, except I get a bit of a headache if I have to take them for too many days. But tbh I'd rather have a little headache than the pain I was in, felt like someone was ripping my insides out with a crochet stick.

Having my ultrasound very soon, they are looking for endo or fibroids, or anything else that could be causing the problem. I have what they call a bulky uterus, so could be caused by many things. I bleed far too much, and pass HUGE clots, and my body cant cope with it. Just been on a course of hormones t stop them altogether to give my body a chance to rest and that's why I ended up in agony I think.

Thanks again, and dont worry about hijacking, always did love a good chin wag.

Monday 12th April

Lunch:Mushroom and lean bacon omelette

Dinner:SW beef chilli (topped with 2 spoonfuls of VLF fromage fraise) with half a baked potatoe and roasted courgettes and brocolli and savoy cabbage.

Snacks:Fruit. Mullerlite. Fat free activia. Light choices carrot cake (4 1/2 syns)

Total Syns 4 1/2

Well I am realising that my Hypothyroidism is not going to make my weight loss journey easy for me so I have done a bit of research, and also asked the girls here at Minimins, whom also have hypo, what they think, or even do about their metabolism being slow.

From what I can see, and read, its apparent that people with hypo just do not tolerate high carb diets, they cannot process it very well, so even if your having a really low fat diet, if your carbs are too high it will affect your weight loss. I can certainly see this with me, as on low carb weeks I have lost better, as I did do an experiment with it. Also something I learned this week is cous cous is actually quite high in carbs and on days I thought I was having low carbs I was eating a reasonable portion of this. So I am defo gonna have to watch that!

I have also tried really hard to increase my exercise. This sadly IS an issue for me, as I am disabled, and have M.E and suffer from post malaise fatigue. So getting the balance of exercise right is next to impossible. As what works on one day, does not necessarily work on another. However I am determined, so am pushing through it, have walked 3 days in a row, and my legs dont feel like my own, and am getting really sore feet, but I am determined to do it, as I know I am only in reality doing a gentle walk, but my body is trying to tell me I have run a marathon. The warmer weather is almost certainly going to help! Cold wet weather has the ability to make me feel very poorly.

So this is my first goal, reduce my carbs and try to keep my exercise up!

Day one of lower carb intake and did quite well I think. I managed 1/2 a baked spud, and did extra veg, and felt quite full up.

Hiya hun,
I followed a very low carb diet last year and although tough at first the benefits were great in the end. SW is much better as it does enable you to have carbs and in your case reducing them will hopefully give you the benefits you need.
Know the feeling about feet and legs.....my damaged nerve is so hard to come to terms with but we make the best of what we can do rather what we can't.
I so wish I could wake up tomorrow slim and fit but not going to happen, its such a hard slog!
Take care
x

Tuesday 13th April

Lunch:Mushroom and lean bacon omelette

Dinner:Home made Chinese chicken and oriental vegetable stirfry with one nest (40g) of noodles and extra roasted courgettes.

Snacks:Fruit. Fat free activia. Swizzels rainbow drops (5 1/2 syns) sugar free jelly (1/2 syn)

Total Syns 6

Had a good day diet wise today, really enjoyed pineapple fingers from asda, they were yum. I rediscovered rainbow drops, they are so sweet and for the amount I had low in syns. I felt like I was having a real treat! I did extra veg with my stirfry so the smaller amount of noodles wouldn't feel so bad, and actually it wasn't too bad.

Hiya hun,
I followed a very low carb diet last year and although tough at first the benefits were great in the end. SW is much better as it does enable you to have carbs and in your case reducing them will hopefully give you the benefits you need.
Know the feeling about feet and legs.....my damaged nerve is so hard to come to terms with but we make the best of what we can do rather what we can't.
I so wish I could wake up tomorrow slim and fit but not going to happen, its such a hard slog!
Take care
x

This is why I like SW, I can still have my carbs, but I know I need to be careful how much I have, and so far I am doing ok. I dont feel starving or anything, so we will see how it goes. ;)

Back