Six months to sexy for Christmas 2012 (27th June - 24th Dec)

Hi Can I join in? I started Slimming World in March and have lost 2st so far but I have a lot more to lose!

I would love to lose another 3 to 4 stone by Christmas, so put me down for 40 pound so start with :)
I weigh in on a Thursday night

Give me a shout if you need starting weight and I will update on Wednesday after I have weighed in.

Hi Can I join in? I started Slimming World in March and have lost 2st so far but I have a lot more to lose!

I would love to lose another 3 to 4 stone by Christmas, so put me down for 40 pound so start with :)
I weigh in on a Thursday night

Yes please 18lb x Starting at 10st 4lb my heaviest ever.

Not sure if starting weight needed but mine is 10st 6lb. Joined when post first started.

Give me a shout if you need starting weight and I will update on Wednesday after I have weighed in.

Wed morning is my weight in.
Welcome everyone. Do not need starting weight. However, I suggest you add it to your signature and do a count down (if you like to keep a record. That is what I am going to do. Also I have a spreadsheet that I keep my stats on there. I found that you can't copy and paste a spreadsheet on here otherwise we could have gone with much more info(start date, losses to date and remainder).

i will update my goal tues night after WI ready for the challenge to start weds morning! :) really hope i can do it!! :) xXx

hey everybody! I need some support! I am feeling very disappointed with my menu's. I feel like giving up already but i won't be beaten just yet...I thought i really tried hard all week but still ended up committing syns all week like really bad and beyond! The main downfall was not eating enough free foods. I think i need to find some real yummy recipes or i'll get bored eventually. I'm not in group, just trying to manage at home myself with S.W. but beginning to fail miserably. I didn't find class any help. I spend most of my time cooking it seems, i have a real big appetite that i can never seem to please. I notice potatoes keep me going for tad longer as i am trying the green choice. I wouldn't eat much meat during the day, prefer extra milk and bread/fibre instead. Soo i'm going to have to come up with something amazing and tasty to fulfill me. P.S. I am fed up with pasta dishes!

I think my weigh in will be Monday late afternoon every week when i'm at my local supermarket, mainly shop i stick to every week so i'll try and find one in store see if thats any accurate than my own set at home :-(

Hi. Have a look at the recipe forum, you will find loads of ideas in there. If you do eat meat try and incorporate it more in your meals as protein helps to sustain hunger for longer. Lean chicken is ideal to mix with rice and veg.

hey everybody! I need some support! I am feeling very disappointed with my menu's. I feel like giving up already but i won't be beaten just yet...I thought i really tried hard all week but still ended up committing syns all week like really bad and beyond! The main downfall was not eating enough free foods. I think i need to find some real yummy recipes or i'll get bored eventually. I'm not in group, just trying to manage at home myself with S.W. but beginning to fail miserably. I didn't find class any help. I spend most of my time cooking it seems, i have a real big appetite that i can never seem to please. I notice potatoes keep me going for tad longer as i am trying the green choice. I wouldn't eat much meat during the day, prefer extra milk and bread/fibre instead. Soo i'm going to have to come up with something amazing and tasty to fulfill me. P.S. I am fed up with pasta dishes!

I think my weigh in will be Monday late afternoon every week when i'm at my local supermarket, mainly shop i stick to every week so i'll try and find one in store see if thats any accurate than my own set at home :-(

Sorry you are not having a good time. Look at your stats you have done so well losing nearly 3 stone. I am not sure how quickly you have lost the weight. You can't possibly give up now that you are halfway there. Sometimes it is better to lose the weight slower and satisfy your cravings. Do not forget this needs to be a plan for life rather than a fad diet.

I do it from home too as group is waste of time and money for me. Also have a big appetite and doing EE most days. For Superfree I mainly use fruits and salad - normally get between 5-13 superfree per day. I have lost 1 st 12 lbs so far and am happy with it.

Have a quick through the recipe section and pick up what you fancy. I find doing a diary on here and posting pictures helps me a lot - The diary is for me to refer to when I get disappointed and fed up with myself and also refer to it when I run out of ideas. You are welcome to ook through and see if there is any of my food that you like to make. If you like something and need the recipe let me know.

The other thing, I have found useful is making a big pot of soup and have some when I feel hungry. I buy frozen veg (no fat added) and use on a daily basis.

Just to give you some ideas why do not you try;

A large omelet (onion, garlic, mushroom, tomato, baked beans, BNS, broccoli, sugar snap peas, courgette, then pour 2 beaten egg on top, let it set, sprinkle with 1xHEXA cheese, put under a hot grill)

Potato cake - similar to above. Dry fry any veg you want. Layer a cake tin or casserole dish with cooked potato and vegetables, pour in beaten eggs, cook in the oven for 30 minutes. you can slice and eat hot or cold. Can sprinke with cheese if you wish

vegetable casserole

Potato pizza

Potato cake/pancake

Stay positive and with the help from fellow slimmers you get there.

Hope this helps. Have a good evening.

Hi, hope I am not too late to join this challenge. I would like to lose 31lbs by Christmas, which would take me to target. Can I be added to the challenge please?

hey yeah i cut meat a lot out of my diet this week cos i see its a b choice (need to measure 1) i think...need to double check that but i find myself eating 4 slices nimble bread say and double my milk allowance each day, i feel i need it, i'm trying to have more salads in between meals and i snack away on fruit too and have gained water more and more. Today i had pasta with extra peas and aside salad with 2 boiled eggs, wasn't so hungry then this evening. i keep myself busy too but drive meself mad thinking now constantly about food because i know thats what i'm faced with everyday & thanks Rosielea also, i will deff have a look, thx for the advice! No i wish i have lost 3stone, i think i might have lost between 2-3lb this week just. my goal weight is to hopefully lose almost 3stone for christmas but i doubt it but will try xx

No i wish i have lost 3stone, i think i might have lost between 2-3lb this week just. my goal weight is to hopefully lose almost 3stone for christmas but i doubt it but will try xx

Sorry, I miss read your stats. Mind it gets easier as you go along. Just stay positive and it will come off. I was the same thinking about food all the time but after 6 months being on the plan, food seem to be the last thing on my mind. My losses are very slow but I do not mind as I am eating healthy food and what I want. Just stay with it and if you need support shout and we'll help you. Have a lovely day.

the food diaries are a great place to look for inspiration too! :) thats where i have been getting some of my ideas from! :)
also i have found in the past few weeks that menu planning for the week has been a great tool in helping me stay on track! xXx

hey yeah i cut meat a lot out of my diet this week cos i see its a b choice (need to measure 1) i think...need to double check that but i find myself eating 4 slices nimble bread say and double my milk allowance each day, i feel i need it, i'm trying to have more salads in between meals and i snack away on fruit too and have gained water more and more. Today i had pasta with extra peas and aside salad with 2 boiled eggs, wasn't so hungry then this evening. i keep myself busy too but drive meself mad thinking now constantly about food because i know thats what i'm faced with everyday & thanks Rosielea also, i will deff have a look, thx for the advice! No i wish i have lost 3stone, i think i might have lost between 2-3lb this week just. my goal weight is to hopefully lose almost 3stone for christmas but i doubt it but will try xx

Hello lovely,

Sorry to hear you're struggling. We started at the same weight and have a very similar target so thought I might be able to offer some advice because as of today I've kicked my first stone. Apart from a couple of nights out (friend's birthdays etc.), all I've done is stay 100% on plan, and trust it. Even when sometimes it doesn't seem to make sense!

I definitely think you need to keep filling up on SuperFree, because that definitely helps me. Before I started SW, I'd have cereal (usually Crunchy Nut) every morning when I got to work at 8ish, but by 9.30, I'd be hungry again. Now I have a Muller Light and some fruit (strawberries, raspberries, pineapple, whatever was on offer in the shops) and along with some hot water with lemon, that tends to stop me thinking about food until mid-morning. At that point, I quite often snack on 15g of Bran Flakes (1/2 HEXB), which are quite nice to munch on, which again, keep me going 'til lunchtime.

I find keeping my food diary helps too - you're welcome to have a read through and see if you find any dinner inspiration - I can always give you exact recipes if you need them. I make quite a lot of stir frys and curries because they're really quick and tasty.

3st by Christmas is definitely a realistic target is you can get into the swing of the plan. I'm aiming to get another stone off before my holiday in September, then it's the final push towards Christmas and the lovely 9s! I'm sure once you get into the habit of 100%, you'll find it much easier. If I can do anything else to help, just let me know. This site has been brilliant at motivating me through the last 7 weeks - there are so many inspiring people on here, it really spurs me on.

xx

thanks a bunch girls. I'm liking this site already. I think its a really great help. I must have a further look at more diaries later and try some out this week to see if i can really stick to it. i have took some pictures of my meals too, could upload later for anyone that might be interested.
I love chocolate too, thats my other downfall but like those alpen light choc and fudge bars at 70cal's so must stock up on them to help my craving in that department. Well done miss_corset over stone off! where ru off on hols? I'm off to Scotland in two weeks and off to Lanzarote start Sept. too so i have something to look forward to plus a wedding. I really need to keep focused and confident about this. I'm trying to keep the hols in mind too but think i'm too weak minded, a thought process i need to destroy!

Back