Size 10 screaming to get out!!

Well I'm still not on the diet but I suppose at least coming on here trying to build up some motivation for Exante and thinking about goals and stuff like that is something at least? Today I have had two cookies, a mini Milky Way, a few sweets, a Kit Kat and a duck wrap. Terrible. Last night, big bowl of chilli and rice. I have absolutely NO money at all so there's no point in even thinking about it - even if I wanted to do it sensibly with porridge and chicken, I couldn't afford those either so am nibbling on chocolate that's in the office and someone bought me lunch. Shame, as I wanted to get a start ready for Boo's birthday but if I even start it next week it'll only be a matter of days I will have been on it then have to ruin it over the weekend. Still, I suppose I could reach mini goal one at least if I really give it a go? I don't even know WHY I'm eating so much, and so much rubbish and chocolate as well. Vegetables are not high on my agenda evidently....*grumpy sigh*.....xx

I'm stupidly broke, not got any spare cash what so ever so i completely know the feeling. I really wanted to have an Atkins week so I could eat loads while it's totm but it had no chance of happening!!

When I'm not on Atkins/ VLCD I really struggle not to eat loads. And it's always the wrong stuff! *rolls eyes
However I do love veg, especially if it's covered in mint sauce! Yummy!

As soon as you get paid and you can start Exante again, it'll drop off! Hopefully for both of us it'll be easier to maintain this time, especially as there's no more Christmas eating for a while!!

Last edited:
Aw, thanks Lil. No Christmas eating but always some other excuse!! Hopefully as the weather gets nicer, I'll be out and about with the doggie more and won't want to eat quite so much comfort food. I'm sure "normal" people don't get fat when they're skint though?! No WI this morning - can't face it :( xx

Jubbly said:
Aw, thanks Lil. No Christmas eating but always some other excuse!! Hopefully as the weather gets nicer, I'll be out and about with the doggie more and won't want to eat quite so much comfort food. I'm sure "normal" people don't get fat when they're skint though?! No WI this morning - can't face it :( xx

That's true :-( however I always think crap food is cheaper! It's always on £1 or bogof deals!

I'm at work at the moment and there's a girl I work with who is what I would call ' naturally' a size 8-10. When I say naturally I mean she's never been fat, and never put on more than 1-2lbs even when she's on an all inclusive holiday. She doesn't exercise but her life style is very different to mine. I go home stick my pj's on and veg out. She on the other hand is a single mum who's son has ADHD and she is OCD at cleaning lol
I watch in amazement at her eating habits. She doesn't eat unless she's hungry, she's not fussed about chocolate and if she's eaten one 'naughty' thing she won't have another in the same day. Me on the other hand, that'd be a bloody green light to trough like a ickle pig!!!
So I aim to try to mirror her eating habits, but I'm going to try and exercise 3 times a week as well, hopefully this will help me maintain x fingers crossed xx

Just realised I've actually gone way off point lol

The woman behind me eats tonnes all day and is way thinner than me. Same for old stick insect on reception. If I mirrored their eating habits, I'd be in exactly the same position I am now!!! xx

Jubbly said:
The woman behind me eats tonnes all day and is way thinner than me. Same for old stick insect on reception. If I mirrored their eating habits, I'd be in exactly the same position I am now!!! xx

Haha old stick insect!! Love it! Skinny people suck -FACT! Lol

*lil* said:
Haha old stick insect!! Love it! Skinny people suck -FACT! Lol

Lol so true! Smug cows! ;)

Right, new week, new attitude hopefully. For one thing, I've only had 4 cigarettes in the last 2 weeks so something must be changing! This morning I've had no breakfast and am starving, which isn't necessarily a good start however as it's payday I can buy some bread free lunch and get my Exante ordered. Annoying however that I don't want the bars/shakes bumper pack because of horrid strawberry shakes and nutty bars which I'm not sure about, but it costs way more to get less when I order it individually. Grrr. I'm not sure I can really justify £130 this month when it's Boo's birthday and car tax month however I really have to do something about this NOW before it gets even more out of control. Doesn't help that I have to re-fill tuck shop at work with loads of choccie too.....xx

Yay!!!! Ordered. The best deal in the end was 50 choc orange bars and 50 choc shakes for £125 which is 100 packs so it's all good. Just fingers massively crossed that the choc doesn't taste funny like last time or it'll all be on eBay next week. I would have really liked some vanilla and banana but nevermind. I'm sure I will be eating some protein too so that should last ages.....xx

Well so far for today, prior to re-starting diet again, I have had a bowl of chicken and sweetcorn soup and a Freddo. Chocolate so not carb free but nevermind, could have been worse. Chicken for dinner and maybe some fruit as I'm going to get scurvy soon....xx

Right. It all went wrong last night, possibly as I knew I was starting soon. I had a horrid KFC and sat and ate in my car. Yuk. Today I have had the rest of that soup and not much else. All the diet stuff should be at home ready for a milkshake tonight. Can't wait ;) xx

Right - day "sort of" 2. Yesterday, I just had one bit of chocolate, a bowl of soup and a shake when I got home all day. Today a bar this morning, just about to have my shake and later on, a shake and a bit of chicken. The choc orange bars are delish but NOOOOOOOOO about the choc shakes - they're GROSS. What happened?? They were nice the first time I did this but they taste funny and weird now. And I've got FIFTY of the damn things. Wish I'd ordered vanilla :(.

Starving. Couldn't sleep last night. Not looking forward to tomorrow. Of course, I'm breaking the diet on Saturday, Sunday and Monday stupidly but I just needed to get this started and get my head around dieting again. I can start again on Tuesday...xx

Last edited:
Right. Diet in hand, no messing around with weighing anymore. I notice on my chart in the kitchen that over the last couple of months I've actually weighed in less than the weeks I have not weighed in. I suppose it's at least positive that I have not ripped the chart off the door!!! Today I weighed myself - the first time in 2 weeks and I either needed to WI last week and stop panicking so much or perhaps I have lost 5lbs over the 2 days I've been dieting but I was 10 stone. Excellent. Still way more than I want to be but not quite as dire as 10 stone 5. And first target crossed off hurrah. I'm going to continue with the diet as I still really want to lose the remaining 10lbs and want to do this quickly (not to mention I have almost 100 shakes/bars at home), however I'm not going to stress too much over a cup of tea or a carb free meal or whatever as my BMI is 23. Should be able to reach target by my birthday :). I'm in "the zone" now. I'm fairly sure I'm in ketosis already as my hands are freezing.

Feeling positive :):):) xx

Friday and a night with no wine or delish food. Ah well, it will be blown tomorrow!! Last night instead of a shake I had a chicken leg with some asparagus. Didn't realise how ravenous I was until I had eaten the chicken in about 5 seconds flat!! Made some yummy stock with the bones from dinner to freeze and will treat myself to a risotto when I reach target. Bar for brekkies but starting to get hungry now. Getting under 10 stone is motivating me though. Water, water and more water!! Reckon for next week, as I'm breaking diet for 3 days, I will be lucky to just get in the 9s but that in itself always feels good.

Still positive yay :D:D:D xx

I know I must be getting hungrier as the chocolate milkshake doesn't taste as bad now!! Put some coffee in it this lunchtime which made it nicer (and should perk me up a bit as well).

Right, managed to hold it together on Friday. Saturday, I had some mackeral and my shakes, a bar for lunch, got into London then BAM! saveloy and chips for dinner (v proud that I left about a third of my chips however) washed down with about 8/9 ciders and a couple of shots. Sunday not much improved - pasta for sort of breakfast (!) although left half (v good, v restrained behaviour) then Chinese for dinner (oh Lord) with wine/shots/whatever and lunch out on Monday -fish soup and Kim's leftover chilli - and a couple of slices of toast, oh and scrambled eggs and smoked salmon. Hmmmmm. All in all, I knew I was going to break it so I'm not really surprised but I did make a bad choice with the chips and a couple of milkshakes I had yesterday which were just unnecessary but required hangover cure. This morning a bar and Coke Zero and a milkshake for lunch so right back on it :). Was 9 stone 12 on Saturday morning (yay!) so really hope by Thursday I haven't gone back over 10 again. Fingers all crossed. Feeling bloaty so not hopeful. Also think it's TOTM, garrr damn the stupid hormones....xx

Hmmm, not so positive today. 9 stone 12 has unsurprisingly gone back up after the weekend, even despite me being on bars, shakes and bits of chicken all of Tuesday and Wednesday (and last Thursday and Friday). Still 10 stone this morning, although scales looked in danger of going to 10 stone 1 when I moved a bit (so stayed put). Although this couldn't possibly have been unexpected and I hardly know why I expected it to be less, I was so put out I went out for lunch today, which was planned as a bar while my colleague ate something, and then had spaghetti carbonara and a few of her chips. Humph. Defo feeling TOTMy though. JUST WANNA BE IN THE NINES AGAIN!!! xx

Hey
I'm the same, 9.13 1/2 this morning but I had some bacon and eggs at lunch so I'm guessing I'll be 10 tomorrow. It's not shifting like it did last time but I do feel better so I'll keep plodding on.
Have you tried the porridge yet? It's gorgeous. I can't afford a box yet though :-(
And you'll get there, might just take a day or 2 longer.
X

Hello! I tried the Cambridge Diet porridge when I was on that and it was so gross I wasn't even tempted to try the Exante one. Bit wallpaper paste-y. Bleurgh. It is nice to have something hot though. I might have some heated up chicken fillets for lunch on their own instead of shake (I keep changing diet so no wonder I'm not losing very quickly!). Not looking forward to food and alcohol free weekend as it's been a while...

Oh and bacon and eggs actually a good choice as carb free Atkins style. Might not even have any impact at all (unless you had chips or toast with it!!) :) xx

I had the cambridge one and it was gross, this it loads nicer!! :)
Yeh think I escaped any weight gain *phew! Lol

Back