size102bs WW 'vs' Gastric Band fight.

Hi again

Hope today has been a good one for you. My day off today so have been generally faffing around as usual but points wise a good day.

I dont blog or write a diary on here. I may do in the future but at the mo I get a tad confused and forgetful due to working shifts and being at that tender age with my own internal central heating!

I used to go to classes and find it a bit hit and miss, so much depends on the personality and quality of the group leader
Mine had some things that didnt sit well with me so gave it a miss. I certainly would not have liked my weight loss compared to someone else. We all lose weight at different rates anyway.

Hope you've had a good day.

hi did u live in bexhill? the cafe is now a costa cafe bloody awful bring back the old cafe lol x

Hi no I live in Bexhill road no 35 I think lol it was 1999 to 2001 thrn I moved into st leaonards abit more and left Tescos,ah expensive then not like Tescos ole cafe hey ;)xx

Hi again

Hope today has been a good one for you. My day off today so have been generally faffing around as usual but points wise a good day.

I dont blog or write a diary on here. I may do in the future but at the mo I get a tad confused and forgetful due to working shifts and being at that tender age with my own internal central heating!

I used to go to classes and find it a bit hit and miss, so much depends on the personality and quality of the group leader
Mine had some things that didnt sit well with me so gave it a miss. I certainly would not have liked my weight loss compared to someone else. We all lose weight at different rates anyway.

Hope you've had a good day.

Hello Vanda Well done on a good day,Ive had a good one havent been hungry until now had 18 points so far have 2 left for fast start so I will have soemthing small in a minute.
Ah internal central heating :) hope its not too bad,I forget everything since having children dreadful isnt it.
Im ok doing it alone as I dont feel that dread of what if I havent lost and Ive been good.
Hpe you are ok :Dxx

I know what you mean about the dread of not losing if you've followed the plan. I went through that last year and turns out my thyroid medication needing adjusting.

Am off to work now, have a good day.

I know what you mean about the dread of not losing if you've followed the plan. I went through that last year and turns out my thyroid medication needing adjusting.

Am off to work now, have a good day.

Hi Vanda how are you doing today?
My mum has no thyroid function and is on medication she lost 50lbs in a year on ww and walked her dog alot and did dancing she was 58 then 2 years ago,she did say it was hard as she couldnt have many points........
I remember when I was 22 pre wedding I lost well quick 3 stone in 4 months on ww :eek: that would take me 10 months now its def harder as we get older BUT we can do it hey :Dxx

Good to hear you are still feeling positive. Had a bit of a oops day today at work so will have to start anew (again). Am considering setting myself weekly goals to reduce one thing a week and increase a healthy thing each week. Maybe the gently approach will work rather than the all or nothing I seem to do at the mo.

Have a good day tomorrow am working afternoons again.

Hey Hun!
I just really wanted to say Goodluck with WW. You sound like you are in the perfect frame of mind at the mo and I have this 'feeling' that you are going to succeed! Also I'm so sorry to hear about the awful time you've had recently, I really hope things are 'on the up' for you now. I've got my fingers crossed for you Sweetie!!!
xxx

Good to hear you are still feeling positive. Had a bit of a oops day today at work so will have to start anew (again). Am considering setting myself weekly goals to reduce one thing a week and increase a healthy thing each week. Maybe the gently approach will work rather than the all or nothing I seem to do at the mo.

Have a good day tomorrow am working afternoons again.

Ahh if you need me Im here just pm me i'll give you my email addy
I think its hard to start completely from the begining after being in a routeen of eating how we were,I got to the point this time I was sick of me sick of my eating habits and sick of not wanting to go out the house as I think people look at me ? Mine problem is confidence ( as you may of just gathered ) lol
I think do it as best you can and approach it the wat you feel it will work,it doesnt work the same way for everyone,one thing I am now feeling is this is life not lose the weight and then get back to food.....I know by christmas I could easily be 3-4-5 stones heavier yoyoing or still where I am losing and gaing losing gaining etc .
Would you mind if I asked is it that you dont feel ready to do this or do you feel your blip has ruined it ? Its just one blip get back on and it wont be noticed? But I understand 10000000% that it has to feel right,dont get me wrong every day I am having the am I gong to do this this time??Then I think if I dont what next the Band,with the band its not going to work any faster and its £7000 and its an operation plus it doesnt always work,yes Im arguing with myself lol :rolleyes: All I know is we have to be in the right frame of mind and making that last is a journey alone.
Please stay with me remember its

OUR LAST JOURNEY
?

Hey Hun!
I just really wanted to say Goodluck with WW. You sound like you are in the perfect frame of mind at the mo and I have this 'feeling' that you are going to succeed! Also I'm so sorry to hear about the awful time you've had recently, I really hope things are 'on the up' for you now. I've got my fingers crossed for you Sweetie!!!
xxx

Ah you made a tear come to my eye what a lovely thing to say :eek: you are lovely Thankyou xx
Love your user name :D
TBH my whole 40 years havent been great but I think I can make them better......
Thankyou again I really appreciate your message xxxx

Thanks for the words of support. Am not giving up just not sure if ww is the way to go. I seem to rebel with the weighing and measuring malarky. Cant see me doing this for the many months it is going to take to get the weight off. Need to re think and regroup. Fortunately I have got next week off so have plenty of time for walking and cooking healthy meals.

I dont know about you but when I follow ww plan I tend to eat a lot more processed foods than I usually do - ready meals for work and all that stuff. I dont really want to go down that road and want to improve my diet and lifestyle as a whole, especially since I am diabetic.

Oh well enough for now have got to get up at 5.30 tomorrow. have a good one.

Hiya No I can only do ww I cant do SW as I cant do green as I have poly cystic ovary and the carbs make me ain or sts,I just tried RC and I lost 2lbs is week 1 1 lb in week 2 and 0 in week 3 again I did that last year too and the same happened.
I do feel we need to find a plan that fits our life styles as its for life not just for months thats why I like WW as I can have what I want but in my points,I can eat large portions of veg etc as I have tum trouble. What do you feel works best for you? We can still be buddies doesnt matter what plan your on as we are still the same just different plans???
Let me know what you think you'll do,Ive done nearly every plan :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: so maybe can still help? xx

Thanks for the words of support. Am not giving up just not sure if ww is the way to go. I seem to rebel with the weighing and measuring malarky. Cant see me doing this for the many months it is going to take to get the weight off. Need to re think and regroup. Fortunately I have got next week off so have plenty of time for walking and cooking healthy meals.

I dont know about you but when I follow ww plan I tend to eat a lot more processed foods than I usually do - ready meals for work and all that stuff. I dont really want to go down that road and want to improve my diet and lifestyle as a whole, especially since I am diabetic.

Oh well enough for now have got to get up at 5.30 tomorrow. have a good one.

Hiya hun i remember you on R.C how did you find it? x

Hiya I didnt stay on RC as it just doesnt work for me,I have alot to lose I did the quick start weeks 1 & 2 and only lost 2lbs week 1 and 1 lb week 2 :eek: then week 3 0?
It happened to last time I joined I know its meant to be 1-2lbs a week but not on 1200 cals I also thinks its too low to start when someone like me has 7 stone to lose and another person with 1 stones to lose has the same amount?
Im enjoying ww week 1 I know but I havent really felt deprived hungry or tired all week and tomorrow is weigh-in.
Thanks for asking :D
How are you doing? xx

Good luck for the weight in tomorrow, am sure you will do well. Its funny how our bodies react in different ways to the same diets.

When I did sw I lost almost 5 stone but then started to sts or put on cos I was eating too much 'free' foods thats why I though ww would teach me portion control and I like the fact that you have more points in the beginning and they reduce as you lose weight. A big plus for me when you have lots to lose.

Not sure which way I will go yet am looking into diets that help to balance your blood sugar and help to stop cravings - mainly tend to be low-lowish in carbs. I suppose I could combine that along with ww points to make sure my portions were ok. Not too sure yet.

How do you manage to cope with healthy eating at home - do your children eat well too? Only have cats myself and a long distance partner so can please myself most of the time.

Yes it doesnt matter what plans we follow can still buddy up and help each other. Catch up with you tomorrow.

good luck for WI tomorrow hun, hope its a good one xxx

Im trying R.C week 3 i said i would give it atleast 6 weeks on the diet.!!
It's ok 1200 kcal was ok for me really lost 4 lbs in 2 weeks.
im thinking i will be back on WW soon really im a WW girl at heart lol.!!

Good luck with wi tomorrow.xx

Good luck for the weight in tomorrow, am sure you will do well. Its funny how our bodies react in different ways to the same diets.

When I did sw I lost almost 5 stone but then started to sts or put on cos I was eating too much 'free' foods thats why I though ww would teach me portion control and I like the fact that you have more points in the beginning and they reduce as you lose weight. A big plus for me when you have lots to lose.

Not sure which way I will go yet am looking into diets that help to balance your blood sugar and help to stop cravings - mainly tend to be low-lowish in carbs. I suppose I could combine that along with ww points to make sure my portions were ok. Not too sure yet.

How do you manage to cope with healthy eating at home - do your children eat well too? Only have cats myself and a long distance partner so can please myself most of the time.

Yes it doesnt matter what plans we follow can still buddy up and help each other. Catch up with you tomorrow.

YEY buddies good,we will do this all together :D
Yes weird isnt it how we can lose with some plans andothers we cant :confused:
I think your ready like me to do this this time its taken me several plans to come back here to ww so its I think trial and error,maybe SW again from scratch will work for you a fresh start,bad habits always sneak in thats why they tell you to start over if you maintain before goal.
Me and the kids I have 3 girls 14 10 and 5 My eldest is doing ww too and so eats as along my plan but what she likes My middle one shes a sweet tooth but Im trying to show them this what Im doing is a way of eating not just a way to lose weight....my little one shes pretty ggod with fruit and veg and I have always cooked mainly fresh veg and meat dishes not many processed one,I havent had a deep fat fryer since 1999 and I dont fry many food so I hope Im showing them a good way of eating?My weight comes from comfort emotional eating sadly :(
Let me know how you do and I hope your find the right plan quick :D xx

What time are you weighing in today? Have weighed this morning and have sts which I am pretty pleased about considering the up and down week I have had.

Like you most of my weight problems come from confort eating. I seem to use food for everything - bored, lonely, upset, tired, angry even happy. Dieting as such seems to make me worse in some ways.

Good luck on the weigh in will catch up with you later have got the week off from work so am planning a healthy menu and a shop later on.

What time are you weighing in today? Have weighed this morning and have sts which I am pretty pleased about considering the up and down week I have had.

Like you most of my weight problems come from confort eating. I seem to use food for everything - bored, lonely, upset, tired, angry even happy. Dieting as such seems to make me worse in some ways.

Good luck on the weigh in will catch up with you later have got the week off from work so am planning a healthy menu and a shop later on.

Hi Vanda I lost 6 lbs :D woohoo am so pleased ,have that oh that was great will I lose this week now :confused: lol
Ahh good that you sts maybe try to find what you feel will work as your in the right mind place hey :)
Im too just going to the green grocers to get some more fruit and veg.
Let me know what you think your do xx

good luck for WI tomorrow hun, hope its a good one xxx

Ahh thanks hun its was -6lbs :D am pleased xx How you doing?x

Im trying R.C week 3 i said i would give it atleast 6 weeks on the diet.!!
It's ok 1200 kcal was ok for me really lost 4 lbs in 2 weeks.
im thinking i will be back on WW soon really im a WW girl at heart lol.!!

Good luck with wi tomorrow.xx

Hiya Shanny well done :D I like the idea of RC exercisein class thats why I tried again its just the plan maybe its just not right for me as I felt I was missing food that you can have on WW?
Maybe we can just do WW plan and RC exercise lol ........xx

Back