size102bs WW 'vs' Gastric Band fight.

-6lbs first week lost :)

Hi -6lbs am so pleased know its week 1 but for me on a ordinary plan I am really pleased :D I am now in that mind set is it going to carry on......silly I know it maybe but its years of yoyoing and seeing plans fail even though I stick to them :cry:
I am going for a hours walk in a minute and get more veg and fruit as its making it better having it too hand .......
I hope you are all doing well :) xx

Well done thats a fab loss you must be feeling great. A bit fat well done on the hours walk too. :happy096:

Have sorted my head out and am telling myself this is my choice to be slim and to get there I will need to change some things. Am going down the low carb route as it will help my blood sugar levels. Am going to follow Neris and Indias idiot-proof diet and will see how I go.

Well done you.

Well done thats a fab loss you must be feeling great. A bit fat well done on the hours walk too. :happy096:

Have sorted my head out and am telling myself this is my choice to be slim and to get there I will need to change some things. Am going down the low carb route as it will help my blood sugar levels. Am going to follow Neris and Indias idiot-proof diet and will see how I go.

Well done you.

Thanks just hoping I will lose each week, it took me months and lots of plans and I came back to WW tbh it was just my head that wouldnt get in the right place? I have in the last year lost and gained thesame 10lbs 3-4 times :eek: so I feel its only possible to do any plan when you are in the right mood?
The low carb plan sounds good :) ive PCOS so low carbs is what my body loses on.its hard itsnt it trying to find something we get along with but I am still 100% POSITIVE
THIS IS OUR LAST JOURNEY :D

xx

Just read through your diary (if thats ok :D) - Absolutely chuffed for your 6lb off. It was lovely reading through all that and then having such a happy ending. Yay you! Go girl! Ride em cowboy! (and every other woohoo I can think of) Don't worry too much about next week, just do everything that you have done this week and you'll be laughing again!

Here's to another fab loss next week! <chinks glass> :D xxx

Ahhh thanks for your lovely message,:eek: I appreciate you reading it and yes Im happppy with my loss.......I hope I just lose each week...will go find your diary have sen the lovely posts you write to people your a great empathtic person xx

Day 9

Right ,I am waiting for a phone call to go sit in a friends house for the boiler man so cant go on my walk until after...which I dont know the time so hope its before school ends as my little one has a cold and I dont want to have her walking for an hour.I read LLoyds have pedomiators for 99p so I want to pop in and see if ours here have.
Ok yesterday I had 17.5 points out of 23 as I was going to do 20 again for a bigger loss but I thought about it and Viki here has done well and she has her allowed points ,so today its 23 what I didnt have yesterday I can save for a treat at the weekend.Heres to a good day for all :Dxx

Good afternoon

Hope your youngest picks up soon having a cold can make you feel miserable even when you're an adult.

I think its better to have all your points cos then you have some to cut back on if weight loss stalls a tad. It is handy to be able to keep some for another day if you need to.

I agree with what you say on getting your head in the right place. Finally feel I'm there this time, have been reading around it and keep reminding myself its my choice to carry on eating the way I was and stay fat or to change my habits and become slim. Just need to get the exercise habit - am starting slowly on the wii.

Have a good day, hope the boiler man turns up on time!

Good afternoon

Hope your youngest picks up soon having a cold can make you feel miserable even when you're an adult.

I think its better to have all your points cos then you have some to cut back on if weight loss stalls a tad. It is handy to be able to keep some for another day if you need to.

I agree with what you say on getting your head in the right place. Finally feel I'm there this time, have been reading around it and keep reminding myself its my choice to carry on eating the way I was and stay fat or to change my habits and become slim. Just need to get the exercise habit - am starting slowly on the wii.

Have a good day, hope the boiler man turns up on time!

Hello Vanda :)
Yes bless her she is ok but not 100% being only 5 I cant drag her sneezing on a walk .......
Yes Ive been thinking through the points and as you rightly say I cant cut back is I stall and I can not do this like I usually do anal :eek: lol you know too uptight and over strict.
I think you sound like your in the right place and yep that E word (it in dEvil) keeps calling me Exercise is one of those things we have to do but put off.I have a wii too so maybe we should do a wii challenge?I never go on it the kids do so maybe thats a good start for us :eek:
Its easy to keep eating as we do as its habit in our lifestyle and easier,plus comfort but we both know this time next year we will have yoyoed or got heavier if we dont do it.......
Have a lovely day and I hope you feel raring to go,what ever you decide Im here for a chat ;) xx

Hi again

Have just bought the wii Just Dance and it looks like a right laugh. I am not very co ordinated at the best of times so will have to see if I get better. On the plus side you do get out of breath 'dancing'. One type of exercise I will def only do on my own at the mo.

Had a great day yesterday, stuck to the plan wasnt hungry and feeling pleased with myself. How was your day?

Today not much planned as the weather is good may go for a walk after lunch. Catch up with you later.

<blushes> Thank-you!
I have said if I lose a lb a week I'll be very happy as it will take me to my christmas goal no problem, and anything over is just a bonus!

Hope your little girl gets well soon. xxx

Hi shes the same thanks for asking,but she cried as I said she should stay home from school today so I let her go,she just has the sneezes runny nose but shes in reception and they all have in :rolleyes: bless them.
Yes I know what you mean I am a slow loser and a lb a weeks good as its 4 stone in a year isnt it ,thou Id like 2 lbs a week haha ;)
Hope you have a good day :Dxx

Hi again

Have just bought the wii Just Dance and it looks like a right laugh. I am not very co ordinated at the best of times so will have to see if I get better. On the plus side you do get out of breath 'dancing'. One type of exercise I will def only do on my own at the mo.

Had a great day yesterday, stuck to the plan wasnt hungry and feeling pleased with myself. How was your day?

Today not much planned as the weather is good may go for a walk after lunch. Catch up with you later.

Hi Vanda Well done you,glad you had a good day,I had a good day on plan but felt a little ill a dinner time then got my tooth ache back and kids were arguing but I stuck to it ,I didnt even feel like going off the plan just needed my dinner lol.

Oh that wii game sounds good what do you have to do copy the dances that they put on?? Do you need a mat like those dance mats? They say dancings one of the best exercises simply as you forget your exercising ,how much was it.......i'll become your sheep lol :D:eek:
I did my hours walk Monday and today and yesterday I couldnt as that gas man came to late before school end so I will try a dvd in a min :eek: :eek: :eek: I just swore
Hope you have another good day today xx

Good morning

Hope the toothache is better today - hate toothache even more than I hate dentists.

Had another good day stonking headaches though - carb/caffeine withdrawal me thinks. Never drunk so much water, but at least nut hungry just sticking to 3 meals daily.

I love the wii just dance - no mat use the sensors on the remote to register how well you do. it is good fun and at least it gets me off the sofa. costs 19-20 if i remember.

Off to the hairdressers now to get the grey covered up before my long distance partner comes to visit.

Have a good one

:) wooo hoo i got a mention

WI for me tomorrow, so look out for my results about 0830 Friday ;-)
Ive been saving some points since monday for a nice meal out with family so hopefully it will balance out next week

Good morning

Hope the toothache is better today - hate toothache even more than I hate dentists.

Had another good day stonking headaches though - carb/caffeine withdrawal me thinks. Never drunk so much water, but at least nut hungry just sticking to 3 meals daily.

I love the wii just dance - no mat use the sensors on the remote to register how well you do. it is good fun and at least it gets me off the sofa. costs 19-20 if i remember.

Off to the hairdressers now to get the grey covered up before my long distance partner comes to visit.

Have a good one

Hi I think I will buy the wii just dance as it sounds like a fun workout......Have to wait a couple of weeks (money)
Hope your headaches gone I had that the first day the evening was :( and I had a migraine and went to bed a 10 feeling real sick next day I was better.I know what you mean about the water lol at least im running up the stairs every 1/2 an hour :eek:
Oh how often do you see your partner???
Hope your hairs lovely :Dxx

:) wooo hoo i got a mention

WI for me tomorrow, so look out for my results about 0830 Friday ;-)
Ive been saving some points since monday for a nice meal out with family so hopefully it will balance out next week

lol ohhh your weigh-in cant wait :D bet its good Im still following you baaaaa lol
I saved some points too just encase I have a wibble ,I will be coming on to see your results tomorrow fingers crossed :)xx

Day 11 head argue

Well today is day 11 although I really shouldnt count days as its for life its a Lighterlife habit......
I have been real busy kids room clothes mess 4 hours later still havent finished :mad:
I had my porridge earlier so therefore I was hungry earlier ,just had my lunch and Im still hungry :confused: Has 1.5 litres of water ,Im arguing with myself not to eat thou I havent had all my points last night I had a bad tum so has 4 less and now Ive 10 points over so I suppose I could have something.I am really hungry thou,I think actually Im sure after my years of dieting when we are hungry we are burning off fat it figures? No? SO I take my hunger as fat burning :eek: makes it worth it haha......

Where is this year going?

Friday already you know the weeks are flying by and its now nearly the middle of March......
Ok yesterday I was actually thirsty and needed to drink after the day before I seemed to need the water,Ive had 1/2 a pint so far but I am feeling a little sick tired headache and just plain yuck?
Did look at the scales today :eek::rolleyes: I know once a week but I just wanted to see and its says -1lbs thats okay as Ive 3 days to weigh day but I hope at lkeast another lbs comes off what I dont want is it to stay 1lb or put the 1lb back on,I dont intend to come off plan but I know our bodies can do this so I hope I lose.....
I am hoping the weekends easier than last as I found last saturday hard,I think I will have my porridge and Ihope I feel better :cry:

I do hope you are feeling better today. I get the little voice on my shoulder telling me to have things and it does get me down. I didn't realise you have done LL before I considered doing it myself as I thought the counselling aspect might do me good -but the huge price put me off. How did you find it?

My headaches have improved still not drinking any diet cokes etc but have had terrible heartburn - the trouble with most low carb diets is the increase in fat - doesnt look as if I can cope with it so maybe back to to drawing board. Have you heard of Ian Marber - he has written the food doctor books?

Hoorah - the grey hairs have gone, hair not exactly as I wanted but it will grow. My partner came last night and will stay until Sun/Mon. We usually get to see each other at least once a month. He lives in Birmingham so not too far away, but the expense of travelling is often too much.

Please keep your chin up over the weekend, you seem to be so positive its annoying when things seem to conspire against us. Mine is the voices telling me to eat things - better not tell the doctor about the voices though doesnt sound too healthy.

Hi Vanda
Ah glad your hairs nice ,I havent been to the hairdressers since December 2006 :eek: hate them they always cut too much off BUT when I lose 5 stone I am going to go and have it cut and maybe go back to blonde?? Did they cut alot more off than you wanted?
I have trouble sleeping since I moved out of my partners home last year think its a litle anxiety alone at night with 3 kiddies,so I cant get to sleep then the next day Im tired.
Oh i it nice having him with you?How long have you been together?
Honestly DONT do Lightelife Cambridge or any VLCD as I feel personally after 3 years on and off them it makes you obsess with food,although they do work quick but they dont teach you to eat heatly even at maintance it takes ages to get up to eating a level of food as you have to stay on the packs for quiet a while,I know every plan can work and we make them not I just think the amount of money LL charge isnt worth t the 'counselling' isnt by a proper counseller they dont have the proper years of training,I have a counselling diploma but I couldnt go and counsel a group of people as I have no experience.CBT thats ok but one to one and LL groups can have quiet a few people in all different and you cant concentrate on your own behaviours to figure out why we eat as we do.I lost 2 st 9 in 9 weeks on LL the same as I did with Cambridge.The thing was our 'counsellor' she was bigger than most of the clients in the group and she kept having weeks off so we'd have a stand in and she was better so it was naff,it closd down the following year?
Just try and do a plan and get private CBT and it will be cheaper and may help you figure through a way to do this?
I feel its a hard journey ok some people are just plain greedy and lazy but if you have these inner voices chatting at you to eat as it will make it better or you 'need' deserve it then it can be hard hey.
Hopefully we will both have a nice weekend and have a good weigh-in next week :Dxx

Hope you have had a good weekend. My partner has now returned to Birmingham :cry:. Although I do like living alone I do miss him - we've been together 9 years this year. When I lived in Brum we lived together for some years but when I moved back to Wales he stayed in Brum, still together though and in some ways we get to see the best of each other. :)

I still get sleep problems if I am stressed, so can sympathise with you. It can be hard getting on with things the next day when you didn't sleep. I can only imagine how hard it must be with children in tow too.

Interesting what you said about LL, I've heard similar things. I suppose like any meeting oriented diet it is only as good as the meeting leader. I have joined many in the past but just cant face them anymore. I know they help many people but I just found I became more food obsessed.

Not feeling positive about my weigh in this week - too much wine over the past few days. And the compulsory ice cream when at the sea side. Ho hum starting again I will get there eventually :eek:

I am back to work Tuesday so tomorrow is my last day of rest. Hope all is well with you, catch up later. :D

Hope you have had a good weekend. My partner has now returned to Birmingham :cry:. Although I do like living alone I do miss him - we've been together 9 years this year. When I lived in Brum we lived together for some years but when I moved back to Wales he stayed in Brum, still together though and in some ways we get to see the best of each other. :)

I still get sleep problems if I am stressed, so can sympathise with you. It can be hard getting on with things the next day when you didn't sleep. I can only imagine how hard it must be with children in tow too.

Interesting what you said about LL, I've heard similar things. I suppose like any meeting oriented diet it is only as good as the meeting leader. I have joined many in the past but just cant face them anymore. I know they help many people but I just found I became more food obsessed.

Not feeling positive about my weigh in this week - too much wine over the past few days. And the compulsory ice cream when at the sea side. Ho hum starting again I will get there eventually :eek:

I am back to work Tuesday so tomorrow is my last day of rest. Hope all is well with you, catch up later. :D

Ahh how long have you been in Wales then? Do you see yourself ever together all the time again or like this forever? I think it must be hard but like you said you get the best of him and he you ,you must have loads of trust in each other :)

Yes LL I dont see how they can justify the money as CD is £30 cheaper a weeka dn thou you dont get a 'counsellor' LL counsellor isnt a one to one so for £30 you culd get a one to one counsellor.
I think I need to see a counsellor to see why food is too important to me as I have to let it go this time,you'll know what I mean.

Ah dont worry too much with the weigh in the key is too get cak on it asap and not put on thats my mistake,I blew it Ill blow it haha........I hope it will be good for you ;)

I have a cold we all have in thats why Im so tired,had my mum round and I cooked dinner for 6 and stuck to it Ive had 19 points today I didnt even have the fat pud I have a M&S lf choc moouse :D:D:D
I havent had all my points each day I will this coming week xx

Have a good day tomorrow I hope to chat to you soon xx

Back