SKINNY BEATCHS © - Team 3

Hello troopers xxxx

At work struggling my way through a day...I am being a good girl but I think because I kinda filled my glycocen levels back up I put on 4!!!lbs back without even binging or overeating - but that's expected.
I will be back on track soon so I am just taking my time trying to maintain my weigh atm. (including losing these unwelcome 4lbs)

Oh, Becca - 10.7..I have a very simmilar goal and I am sticking to it as I want to see how easy it would be re-learning to eat again and of course maintain it (for life of course lol)
I think once I'll feel I'm comfortable (and firmly) there I will be pushing myself a lil bit further - atm I don't see a point.
I like the way I look already and I am scared that my skin/body will not cope well with any further quick losses. Not to mention that I started to notice a hair loss. It's not a lot, so don't panic, but I am so obsessed with my hair that this is a significant alarm bell to re-evaluate my journey. On a brighter note - I'm treating myself to full head, haircut (only tiny wee bit along with side fringe) and style tonite. So I have to make sure I had enough paracetamol and pick me up pills to last there for hours. haha

Vicky, you are so better off not seeing this bloke. I haven't come across someone so narrow minded for a while...Lucky escape hun xxx

As to being able to CD-ing while being ill - hat off for you Vicks - I don't seem to have your determination.
Hope your day is going well and I am looking forward to hearing some news from you xxx

P.S.
Yeah, smiley rocks xxxx

hey all

hope ya all having a lovely start today, Have the monday morning feeling but only got 7 days of work till easter:D

becca think goal weights are so hard to decide..i've decided to aim bit lower so have about a 4 lb comfort zone lol.

be back in a bit xx

aww chloe hope you feel better soon...and that weight will be off in no time...I am out of ketosis as been using cough mixture..but my cdc has been impossible to contact, so not sure if i should be on 810:rolleyes:

enjoy ya pamper session at hair dressers..sure it'll look lovely:p I miss being blonde, just can't afford the up keep haha.

Take it easy hun and hope you have a good day xx

Ooooh Chloe, good luck at the hairdressers tonight...you'll have to make sure u get some nice pictures up as soon as you get home whoop de whoop!!

I think you are in the same mind set that I was in last week - i REALLY enjoyed having an 810 week, and i wasn't scared to enjoy it!! I did however stay the same this week but to be honest, I was half expecting a 20lbs gain haha :D

So, back to SS this week for me...gotta start shifting this last stone. Swimming tonight, gotta start toning up these flabby bits as well :) Chloe, if you are happy with the way you look hun then just enjoy the last bit of the journey, stay on 810 and love it love it love it!! u got mega skinny legs, if i did too then i wud be happy at what i am now as well but need to shift these thunder thighs.

Vicki - how comes ya using cough mixture hun - is it real bad? can't gargle some paracetamol or aspirins to soothe the throat? I HATE coughs!!

xx

Afternoon all

First of all my OH came home from work as he was in pain - been to docs and got strong tablets.

Then get a phonecall from the school to fetch my son.

So another 3 days (OHs days off tomorrow & Weds) withot any time to myself.

Fed up now, feeling low and want food!

Afternoon all

First of all my OH came home from work as he was in pain - been to docs and got strong tablets.

Then get a phonecall from the school to fetch my son.

So another 3 days (OHs days off tomorrow & Weds) withot any time to myself.

Fed up now, feeling low and want food!

Sue, I am sorry that you are feeling low and you have lots of problems atm.

Just thought that since you are member of our team, it would be nice if you actualy READ other comments first and contributed smthg to the team.

We took our time and made an effort to get to know each other as this is my perception of belonging to the team. See it's more interactive - we do look out for each other but at the same time expect fraction of interest in our problems as well...

It then makes it worthwhile if you have a bunch of ppl who DISCUSS all everyday issues and share their views.
If you prefer just to pop in and leave completely unrelated comments I'd advise to use diary for this purpose. But, of course you are more than welcome to stay on and become one of the skinny beatchs if you are happy to contribute to the team as well...

Sue, I am sorry that you are feeling low and you have lots of problems atm.

Just thought that since you are member of our team, it would be nice if you actualy READ other comments first and contributed smthg to the team.

We took our time and made an effort to get to know each other as this is my perception of belonging to the team. See it's more interactive - we do look out for each other but at the same time expect fraction of interest in our problems as well...

It then makes it worthwhile if you have a bunch of ppl who DISCUSS all everyday issues and share their views.
If you prefer just to pop in and leave completely unrelated comments I'd advise to use diary for this purpose. But, of course you are more than welcome to stay on and become one of the skinny beatchs if you are happy to contribute to the team as well...

Hi Sue,

I'm also sorry to hear you are having trouble at home but I have to agree with what Chloe says, this is a place to support your team and as happy as we are to support you, it just seems you come on here to have a quick rant now and again and don't pay much attention to posts by others. It's not just yourself I have noticed doing this so it would be nice for everyone to show a bit more interest in people on this team.

As much as this is a support forum, it is better used for sharing thoughts and ideas than it is for ranting personal issues. I would suggest using the main board for that, you are more likely to get a response from someone on there...

Anyway, hope everyone is well today, Vicki, Chloe and Eli xx

Last edited:
Many apologies.

I don't know the people in the group and have been taking the time - when I can get it - to read back from the beginning to get the background on people and what's going on as a lot people say doesn't make sense without knowing the background and it's all too easy to get the wrong end of the stick and upset people by making a comment that was inappropriate without realising it.

I'd got to about page 70 and was slowly getting to realise people's styles of writing/colours etc so I didn't have to keep going back to double chekc who was who and who was saying what.

Well, good luck following the plan everyone. I won't trouble you anymore.

Many apologies.

I don't know the people in the group and have been taking the time - when I can get it - to read back from the beginning to get the background on people and what's going on as a lot people say doesn't make sense without knowing the background and it's all too easy to get the wrong end of the stick and upset people by making a comment that was inappropriate without realising it.

I'd got to about page 70 and was slowly getting to realise people's styles of writing/colours etc so I didn't have to keep going back to double chekc who was who and who was saying what.

Well, good luck following the plan everyone. I won't trouble you anymore.

Hey hun...think you totally missed the point chloe and becca were making....you don't have to re read the thread from ages back, as you pointed out is a mamouth task....but what they were trying to say is to interact a bit more in the thread thats how you get to know the individual members...not just say you had a crap day...wait for us to reply then thats it.....this is a great thread and always has been for support, but what makes a great team thread is the members who are in it.....but have just seen you post else where that you are leaving minimins because of the cd forum...so wish you well with your cd journey.

Well I had a good day:D apart from work haha....mondays always seems to bring in the wierdo's of London....and my gym have just arranged a re focus session for me...as since stopped my exercise i feel fatter....even tho i'm lighter lol:rolleyes:

well done on staying the same becca.....i reckon you'll have a good loss next week...can feel it:)

Chloe hope the hair dressers has gone well..and you are having a good evening.

Eli...get ya skinny butt back in here;)

Hope you all have a lovely evening ladies x x

I hope you are feeling proud of yourselves! Sue joined this group for support and to speak to people. Doing CD can be very lonely. While I appreciate the point you were trying to make, did you ALL have to publicly make it? Could you not have sent a private message?

You all seem to have a developed 'friendship' on here and although I still check in and have a read, I don't really post as when I have tried to integrate and join in with the ongoing conversation, I kind of got the impression it was a closed click.

So maybe you need to take a look at how you are treating the new members to the group and if you want to keep it as a closed friendship, then keep it that way, don't have it as an open team. Not everyone has the same interests, hobbies and views as you do, so maybe you need to spend more time trying to get to know the new members rather than expect them to run around until they know you.

So, I'm sorry that I have offended people, which I am sure I have. That wasn't the aim, I just don't like seeing people feeling hurt as they have been ganged up on.

Ok....just gonna clarify a few things and if i get told off for saying this then so be it

I hope you are feeling proud of yourselves! Sue joined this group for support and to speak to people. Doing CD can be very lonely. While I appreciate the point you were trying to make, did you ALL have to publicly make it? Could you not have sent a private message?

Pubically/privately nothing bad was said....no one asked sue to leave, no-one was rude, just to the harsh point.. everyone has tough times on the diet i should know been doing it long enough..but the point being made was if you don't wanna be active chat in a team thread then the diary is more of a thread if you don't wanna chat with others..not a "team" thread...

You all seem to have a developed 'friendship' on here and although I still check in and have a read, I don't really post as when I have tried to integrate and join in with the ongoing conversation, I kind of got the impression it was a closed click.

Ok of course we have a friendship.. but it's not a closed click as we've all been supporting each other for months but we got to know each other through chatting, moaning, ranting etc etc (chloe and becca both wanted to have new members to make the team more busy)....but we do and always will welcome new members...just so few stick with cd that all teams have a high turnover....but to welcome team members there needs to be communication...rather than statements.

So maybe you need to take a look at how you are treating the new members to the group and if you want to keep it as a closed friendship, then keep it that way, don't have it as an open team. Not everyone has the same interests, hobbies and views as you do, so maybe you need to spend more time trying to get to know the new members rather than expect them to run around until they know you.

Never once have we asked the new team members to run around to get to know us.....If people aren't forth coming with a conversation then not much we can do and the thread dies...We Haven't asked anyone to leave......Just to be involved in the team a lil bit more so skinny beatchs remains a great thread...

So, I'm sorry that I have offended people, which I am sure I have. That wasn't the aim, I just don't like seeing people feeling hurt as they have been ganged up on.

I'm not offended, just a annoyed this is being made out that we have bullied someone...cos that is not the case, What was said was taken the wrong way...but that happens in life so bound to happen with words!!

Last edited:
I hope you are feeling proud of yourselves! Sue joined this group for support and to speak to people.

Indeed and everyone welcomed Sue (and any new member) with opened arms. Being a team member is very rewarding but at the same time it does involve catching up with everyone else's day to day issues and elaborating on it adding some news from yourself. What I don't think is fair is just adding your update without slightest consideration of anyone else. I don't think it was done on purpose that's why I did never ask anyone to leave. What's more, by talking about it you are always given a chance maybe to reflect or prove me wrong. I just felt that it needed to be said. In adult world that's how most issues are being solved effectively... I, personaly, much preffer to deal with ppl who are upfront about how they feel and by the same token I do appreciate your response.

While I appreciate the point you were trying to make, did you ALL have to publicly make it? Could you not have sent a private message?

Two points, I don't think you appreciate what I did - so this is false statement from the start. Secondly, I did make a point, you just seem to be conveniently missing it. Bottom line is - it's public forum and anything said here affects everyone involved, why would I want to send something privately? I don't have a problem with ppl telling what they REALLY think - I actualy respect them much more...

So maybe you need to take a look at how you are treating the new members to the group and if you want to keep it as a closed friendship, then keep it that way, don't have it as an open team. Not everyone has the same interests, hobbies and views as you do, so maybe you need to spend more time trying to get to know the new members rather than expect them to run around until they know you..

It's a bit harsh, isn't? The whole beauty of the team is fact that we are bunch of ppl who are so different by every single standard yet having same goal - losing weigh with CD help. That's why we do support everyone who is willing to contribute to the team. However it works both ways, always has...You give and take, you take and give...Simple!
Oh, and to think we only want all memebers to scribble something nice based on our daily updates...It's not too much, is it?
We made united decision to add a new members and were more than thrilled to have a busy board back. No-one expects anyone to read whole thread - it's not feasible. I could never do this. But when you log on to your subscribed threads, unwritten rules is to check what's going on first and add some losely related comments along with anything else. Of course we are all guilty as charged crashing in and adding stuff without catching up with a thread, and it's fine as long as this is not a habit...

Nah, you'd have to try harder hun! lol
Bottom line is I don't think anything offensive has been said nor any intention of bullying was there. If anyone got this impression I would be first one to apologies...However, there is nothing more valueable than being honest as if it leads to an intelligent conversation there is always a chance to build something stronger and more meaningful. Of course, everyone has a right to their opinion and we might have to agree to disagree.
But hey, life is too short to dwell on unimportant things...I do appreciate your all responses...
Time to move on..
PEACE - enough said already xxx

Last edited:
OK skinny beatchs - time to get back on a mission...
And talking about woman on a mission - whenever I hear this song, I see our Becca and her determination haha

YouTube - Gabriella Cilmi - On a Mission (Official Video)

Someone explain me how to do this please. Becca, maybe you should bottle up your determination and start selling it along with CD packs - I'm sure you'll make a fortune.

Hair update - 3 hours later and wallet significantly lighter and me still not happy - will have to come back to add some lighter baby highlights...but I'm getting there!
And I think the worst of my cold is behind me.

Hope you all lovely skinny beatchs are well xxx

OK skinny beatchs - time to get back on a mission...
And talking about woman on a mission - whenever I hear this song, I see our Becca and her determination haha

YouTube - Gabriella Cilmi - On a Mission (Official Video)

Someone explain me how to do this please. Becca, maybe you should bottle up your determination and start selling it along with CD packs - I'm sure you'll make a fortune.

Hair update - 3 hours later and wallet significantly lighter and me still not happy - will have to come back to add some lighter baby highlights...but I'm getting there!
And I think the worst of my cold is behind me.

Hope you all lovely skinny beatchs are well xxx

Haha wow, look what I have missed...!!

Mate, I have been thinking of ways to make some extra cash so maybe a little determination could go a long way if i bottle it up and sell it on... ;)

Why you not happy with the hair cut?! I have noticed mine is beginning to thin out too... :( losing more and more by the day !!! :peep:

RIGHT, whilst we are on the subject - I totally don't disagree with Sue's reasonings for coming onto the group - to receive support while on CD. At the end of the day, this is what we are all here for. BUT although I am not a strong believer in giving to receive, I believe it takes two to tango.

Sue, on a more personal note, I am sorry if you were offended by the messages, this was in no way the intention. I don't think it is necessary for you to leave the group nor minimins...that's when the whole situation becomes a little childish.

Kez, I don't think it necessary for you to get involved. Yes we have all developed a 'friendship' and that is through interaction. Something which I have never received from yourself. I don't feel anything 'private' was said. I don't use this forum to share my private life, as do some people, I use it to express my personal emotions while on CD. Anything I don't want people to know, I simply don't post. So there was nothing more private in mine or chloe's e-mail than was in Sue's message saying that her husband was in pain and her son was sick.

So, can I ask that if you both decide to stay a member of this group, PLEASE make an effort to contribute to the conversation. If not, then I wish you both great successes on CD xx

yoo hoo ladies..

Lovely sunny morning here in london....and have been up since 4 as had a training session with the horse...so am pooped already hehe.

Chloe love that song...and you are so right should be renamed becca's song:p
Bet ya hair looks lovely, and can never understand how hair dressers can charge so much.:rolleyes:
Glad ya starting to feel better..need to be fit and well for the easter hols.

Becca Hope ya ok chick and having a good day..and to the rest of the team also.

will pop back later as much as i can as on my own again at work xxx

well at work and dappy tart that i am...i've forgotten me shake:rolleyes: whoopsie lol.

Becca i'd defo buy your determination haha:D

Becca's determination should be patent pending indeed - go on girl, spread it to less priviledged! haha

I can't get Becca's song from my head. It's wicked and cracks me up...
I was sitting in a loooooooong and boring meeting today and time after time I was almost humming this song. Lucky I stopped right in time lol

Vicky - sometime I'd forget a shake as well (doooh, living up to being blonde!) I'd buy myself cottage cheese and tuna in water and mix it (or have it separately)- it's not necessary ss-ing but it's better than giving in to nice tempting carb loaded ....for CD purpose won't mention any options popping in me head x

As for hair - I researched CD before I started and it's been said that the biggest risk of starting losing it is when you actualy STOP having your 3 a day shakes. There are numbers of theories as to why this is happening. One is that once you stop starving you body finaly can focus on all different processes in your body and growing new hair is just intensified with missing old one and replacing with new one. Whereas in a normal case scenarion you wouldn't notice it on daily basis, because it's reinstated after a while it becomes more visible...One which I think is the most credible for me is that apparently once your body gets used to having perfect balance of minerals and vitamins on a daily basis when switching back to "normal" eating is almost impossible that you can provide the same thing to your body. You'll see your hair loss back it will grow back fairly quickly. (well, as quickly as your hair grows in a first place)
I was advised to get a very good quality vitamins supplement and, as I can see the sign of my body yelling for some healthy stuff (I got parsley yesterday and ate almost all of them by the time I got home- I mean can you believe it?!?!?!l), I definitely going to get it today.

As to ongoing discussion - as quite rightly said - draw the line under.
Girls you are more than welcomed to stay, as always said - the more the merrier. And would be great to see you on the board again x

You can, of course, choose to keep throwing your toys out of the pram and decide to pack up and leave, the choice is yours. (although I quietly hope you'd stay...)
Either way I wish you best luck in your journey.

Come on skinny beatchs - we ALL can do it xxxx

Are you serious that I will start losing my hair?! Man as if this wasn't hard enough!

I think back along I may have asked to join this group, but I have a memory of a squid so am not sure. Either way, I've read it and wanted to say "Hi" so.... HI!

It seems a bit tense in places and, as an outsider, I can see where you are all coming from so I reckon all's well that ends well.

I have one question though..... what happened about the date with the aversion to Facebook statuses? I reckon he seemed a tad 'delicate' shall we say?

Also, Sue and Kez, I think you might be safe to go back in the water. Honestly.

Me x

As for hair - I researched CD before I started and it's been said that the biggest risk of starting losing it is when you actualy STOP having your 3 a day shakes. There are numbers of theories as to why this is happening. One is that once you stop starving you body finaly can focus on all different processes in your body and growing new hair is just intensified with missing old one and replacing with new one. Whereas in a normal case scenarion you wouldn't notice it on daily basis, because it's reinstated after a while it becomes more visible...One which I think is the most credible for me is that apparently once your body gets used to having perfect balance of minerals and vitamins on a daily basis when switching back to "normal" eating is almost impossible that you can provide the same thing to your body. You'll see your hair loss back it will grow back fairly quickly. (well, as quickly as your hair grows in a first place)
I was advised to get a very good quality vitamins supplement and, as I can see the sign of my body yelling for some healthy stuff (I got parsley yesterday and ate almost all of them by the time I got home- I mean can you believe it?!?!?!l), I definitely going to get it today.
Thanks for that information Chloe, really good to know that it will grow back! This was one of my first worries when starting CD as my hair is very thin anyway. On asking CDC, she mentioned that she had only ever had 4 people who had experienced serious hair loss and three of those were hairdressers who had obviously died their hair alot. I don't tend to die my hair so I am hoping this is just a temporary or even a psycological thing!! You mention supplements - from day 1 i have always taken Holland and Barrets Hair supplement - very strong (make you sick if you take on an empty stomach) and the tablets are absolutely massive, you would need to have some massive throat to be able to swallow these things in whole without scratching the sides!! What is this parsley you got yesterday...?

Vicki.....4am!? are you havin laugh...? horse training BEFORE work...? sod that haha i have to say, you are really devoted to your lil man and it's so refreshing to see :) did i ever tell you about one of my friends who has horses? They're a very big tie, her dad helps her out a lot but she is so lucky! She recently bought herself a Shetland Pony....OH MY GOD....it is like a big dog...no joke...!! I was so scared (BLOODY SCARED OF HORSES ANYWAY) when it started walking towards me!! and then it just ended up sniffing me and wanted stroking, just like a dog!! So sweet!! I don't know how you people have the courage to breed such big animals...they are just humungous and almighty scary!! :deadhorse:

What you gonna do for food today then moosh...go get yaself some tuna and cottage cheese....? :D

I haven't heard my song yet....waiting to get home so I can have a listen! I have her album at home somewhere actually - is it on there?!xxxx

Back