SKINNY BEATCHS © - Team 3

Hey becca

sorry hun.....I have been a baaaaaaaadddddddd girl and spent most of yesterday nursing a hangover:rolleyes:

went to a polo club...where i haven't seen my friends in about 3 years so lots of alcohol was flowing (i know it's dangerous:()..so have decided till the 9th when i get back on cd...i'm gonna follow weight watchers but low carb...also think i have lost my cdc Again, as he hasn't replied to texts etc...but have just under a months worth of products so have some time to find a new one.

How's you hun did you have a good weekend xxx

:eek: slap wrists for Vicki....!!! Out of interest hun, I have heard it is dangerous to drink on SS (so never tried it) but nothing bad happened to you did it? what did you drink? and has it knocked you out of Ketosis?

Going away for a weekend in May for my best mates bday (she's also on CD) and we been discussing whether we will be drinking .... i only have a stone to lose so fingers crossed it is gone by then but if not then i hope i drink!!!

Had a good weekend thanks, Sat was good but Sun was boring !! lol u?xx

:eek: slap wrists for Vicki....!!! Out of interest hun, I have heard it is dangerous to drink on SS (so never tried it) but nothing bad happened to you did it? what did you drink? and has it knocked you out of Ketosis?

Going away for a weekend in May for my best mates bday (she's also on CD) and we been discussing whether we will be drinking .... i only have a stone to lose so fingers crossed it is gone by then but if not then i hope i drink!!!

Had a good weekend thanks, Sat was good but Sun was boring !! lol u?xx

Nah nothing bad happened hun except i got drunk really quickly and felt rough next day lol...wouldn't recommend doing it as seen the stories:p..i was mixing badly...polo people party hard, kinda forgot lol x

I'm sure you have that stone gone by then hun, and even so, you could work up the plans so you could have a drink that weekend:D

hi all, hope you all had a good wknd, i had a lovely time in wales, bought some new shoe's! 2 pairs in fact! which made me meel fab! and went for a lovely family walk yesterday! but am worried today!....

i was talking to my CDC last thursday and i stated that i would like to move up to ss+ as of this thursday as it would be a good stepping stone etc as my bmi is verly nearly 26, i think its 26.1

do you think i would be ok to move up without meeting my cdc?

im in work and i cant access her email address.

I need advice on whether you can have ginger and garlic?

i was planning on having a small amount of chicken and lettuce.

Does it matter if you have more than 3 tablespoons of lettuce?

can i have extra mushrooms or broccoli?? or does this go against what were trying to achieve?? please help as i can tell already that 3 packs will NOT get me through today! am tired, dizzy, my legs feel a little wobbly and i dont feel like i have much energy. I am not crashing out on all my hard work so moving up seems sensible. I just want to do it properly!

beca, my mum is on lighter life and three times she has drunk. she drank gin and soda water as this does not really knock her out of ketosis. she didnt loose as much weight that week as she has done on previous weeks but it hasnt effected her overall weightloss, she is doing really well. she did say though that it takes a lot less to get drunk!

Glad you all had good weekends. I'm proud I made it through without cheating! Yeay!

Becca, thank you again so much for you kick up the arse message. I honestly think you got me through. Good straight talking, girl! On the other subject, you'll have lost your stone by May deffo - just try not to drink it all back on in one weekend - LOL!

Hayls - You have to stick to the guidelines as written in the booklet. It's all very precise. I don't really understand what difference an extra 3 lettuce leaves would make but apparently you mustn't start playing with any of it. I think it's designed to teach us all how to have self control - even where lettuce is concerned. Nuts! Now, shoe me pics of these shoes. What are they like?

Vicki - sounds like you have had a hell of a weekend!!!! Now tell us, any interesting snogs to report? (I sound like a 13 year old - my life is so tragic!!!!)

do you think i would be ok to move up without meeting my cdc?

im in work and i cant access her email address.

I need advice on whether you can have ginger and garlic?

i was planning on having a small amount of chicken and lettuce.

Does it matter if you have more than 3 tablespoons of lettuce?

can i have extra mushrooms or broccoli?? or does this go against what were trying to achieve?? please help as i can tell already that 3 packs will NOT get me through today! am tired, dizzy, my legs feel a little wobbly and i dont feel like i have much energy. I am not crashing out on all my hard work so moving up seems sensible. I just want to do it properly!

beca, my mum is on lighter life and three times she has drunk. she drank gin and soda water as this does not really knock her out of ketosis. she didnt loose as much weight that week as she has done on previous weeks but it hasnt effected her overall weightloss, she is doing really well. she did say though that it takes a lot less to get drunk!
I think it would be fine for you to move up without consulting your CDC, so long as you stick to SS+ and don't go any higher.

As for the garlic and ginger...i don't think a little bit of garlic will do you any harm but not sure about the ginger I am afraid. why don't you try dry frying the chicken in some water and paprika...I did that with prawns when i was on my 810 week and the prawns were delicious...! Now, i'm sure the chicken would be just as good :)

I'd try and stick to the plan as much as you can i.e. no more than three tablespoons of lettuce/mushrooms/brocolli etc as these so contain a small amount of carbs so it is likely they will knock you out of ketosis if consumed in larger quantities. Saying that, it is hard to measure 3 tablespoons!! But i'd definitely recommend not deviating from the quantities, at the end of the day there is a limit for a reason so try and stick to it as much as u can...!!

thanks beca, I will of course stick to quantities as much a spossible, but like you say, hard to really gage 3 tbs of lettuce! x x

will get pics asap...but am so rubbish at things like that!! x x

evening all

Hailz glad you had a top weekend and as others have said be fine to move up the plans but stick with the guidelines:D

Becca hope you've had a good day today and not to busy...

chloe where are you chick;)

Kate well done chick for getting through the weekend...that proves you can do this:D and nah nothing to report on the snog front lol...most the men at the club where argentinian and the way they speak about women is so disgusting, so never would go near one.

well i'm on holiday mode...only 2 days at work so can't wait to get on the train this thursday.

hope ya all having a fab evening xxx

Hey lovelies!

Thanks for the congrats on the weekend, but I ballsed it up tonight good and proper! I have consumed 800 cals of Indian and 70g or carbs. Almost half a curry and 3/4 of a naan. I just couldn't resist what my friends were eating.

I'm so cross now. Wonder how much I'll gain? Hopefully not all the weight back!

Still, I'm looking at it as a good thing (or trying to). I feel so poorly now, I really don't want to do it again. I'm going to remember this feeling next time I'm tempted to stray!

Hello gang!!!

Sorry I have not been around a lot lately but it's mental at work (so have to do some work for a change :) and I was running around like some headless chicken trying to get ready, pack and not to forget anything!!(trying girls! trying!!!)

After two weeks of eating "normal" food (although with my post-CD mind frame "normal" food couldn't be different from what I used to perceive as one) I decided to actualy get back on CD810 (which probably will be 1000 over Easter) as (wait for it) I am missing the way CD made me feel...
Admitedly, I am eating low carbs and high protein food (with ocasional treat, which is quickly balanced by compromising other food intake) but all this unlimited choice and making decisions as to what to have and trying to balance things out makes me really weary...

I've been missing my little routine and feeling "clean". My body got used to not having to deal with all different type of food - my mind got used to receiving balanced amount of vitamins....
Now, I have to go out and think about nutritional content of food and make sure that I take supplements as I know for a fact that it's impossible for me to balance it right...It's all this fuss...

No, I don't feel guilty when I go out and get big box of popcorn or pizza (although the thought of a number of saturated fat consumed in one go makes me aware that next couple of days will need to be "back to basic") I don't feel guilty eating crap sometimes because I know that if I start to dwell on it it would mean that I start seeing my whole weight loss project as a failure which can potentialy mean that I lose control...
CONTROL is the key world.
And I cherish each day I manage to control my body. This could be anything. I used to be someone who once food/treat bough couldn't even wait to get home to have some... I used to be someone who would lose any sense of control seeing food...
Now, I play many mind games - I'll buy something I like and I know I'll have it...just not yet...I'll set a time scale and have it not now but next day or will keep a treat until weekend. Just a thought of something being so readily available, yet myself not being even bothered with it gives you such a tremendous buzz that's unbelivable...
Yesterday was my first day back on shakes...And by the mid day I started feeling this well known feeling of hunger. But this time it's not a niuisance - it's very welcomed feeling. It makes polishing my techniques more interesting and challenging. I no longer crave food - I crave control and thoroughly enjoy my journey to slim-dome.

Flying back home tonight and spending there whole week will be one of the biggest tests ever. And I am very much looking forward to it, applying what I've learnt so far and being able to stay in control.
It doesn't mean saying no to everything, it means saying yes when I feel like - not when my body pushes me to. And that's a BIG difference from where I started to where I am.

I read previous post and I see you guys are struggling atm...But have to say that YOU (not anyone else) are making it more difficult to yourselves...I was in the same boat. I wanted to do CD - yet still would have a blip now and then and think it's OK.
I'm affraid IT'S NOT...By bliping you are taking your body out of ketosis and you are back in the square one. By drinking you are completely stopping fat burning (not to mention it's really really dangerous to your kidneys and might leave irreversible damage) but also it cost you so much money and it's all wasted.
There's no half measures with CD - you either give it 100% or you go and find something else. (trust me - I learnt a hard way) It just doesn't work if you don't stick to it.
I think it's one of the most amazing diets but you do really have to all you can. Now I know it's better to take your time to read and research this diet and get mentally ready BEFORE you start. You have to feel strong enough to fight your internal weaknesss. This diet is more than just a diet it's actualy a big journey for your inner strenght and revisiting your relationship with food...I'd strongly advise anyone struggling to take a long time to think why are they doing it and get their heads in a right place.
CD done by the book it's absolutely amazing. OK, you have to SURVIVE first three crappy days but once you there it's a breeze...
By not sticking to it you kinda stay in this crappy phase for most of your CD time and that's what makes most ppl fail (or blip)
Seriously, if you can push yourself this far you'd be fine on your maintenance route...and that's when everything you learn from the journey - you'll put into practice.

I still have over a stone to my goal, but guess what, I KNOW I'll deal with it once I am back on ss. And tbh I really can't wait...
I wish my CDC took time at the very beginning and at least made an effort trying to explain this to me...
Thanks god for minimins....

Have a good shrinking Tuesday my loveliest xxxx

Welcome back. Nice post!

Just to add, though - I DON'T think my blip (big as it was) was okay. I really don't and I feel crappy today, in both body and mind so I won't be repeating it in a hurry. I prefer the feeling of being in control of myself and being proud of myself.

I'm desperate to know how much damage I've done and will confess all when I weigh on Thursday, but after a weekend of being back n forth and really struggling,m I now realise then when I get those cravings again, giving in is NOT worth it. Not at all.

The annoying thing is that last nights food wasn't even comfort eating, it was just totally giving into temptation.

I hope you don't kick me out of the team for being weak!

Hi Mini,

I don't think I made it clear.

I wasn't CD-ing last two weeks and that's when I felt I could make any allowances... While back on CD I will try my very best to stay 100%...By your blip you just put yourself in a start position - it's almost like snakes and ladder - you think you are doing well but you'll cheat a lil bit and before you know you are back on a starting line. What I was trying to say this first move on starting line are the hardest...and hands up - I've been there far too many times...
But once you embrace it - you'll be sailling through before you know...
And come on, why would I kick you out of the team? I'm as guilty as charged and number of times I got lost and failed... don't even go there...
It's just thanks to this forum and this lovely team I managed to stay on and continue...
Good luck with you journey mini xxx

Thank you! I'm so focussed today and am off to the gym to try and burn off some of those carbs!

Hope you didn't take my earlier comment of "nice post" as being sarcastic. I meant it. I thought it was a great post and you made many good points.

Back on the horse today and ready to lose more pounds.

Have a good day xx

Hey ladies, How is everyone? I was passing through so thought id say hi.

Looks like your all doing great :) x

well am hoping this post will help you all get stronger again!!

Last night i moved up to ss+ had a lovely meal of half a chicken breast with 2 lettuce leaves and a mini amount of courgette and mushroon, twas lovely~! managed to cook it creatively and really enojyed it!:D:D:D:rolleyes:

today i have decided to be a mega fun maths teacher and i have taught all morning using chocolates and crisps. i have been handing out chocolate digestives, wheat crunchies, discos, toffee's, maltesers and smarties!! and not one passed my lips!! so proud!! am coming to grips with my will power...just hope i can sustain it as i move up the stages! am deeply depressed as i type though because ive mixed up a vanilla shake with coffee and its monumentally lumpy!! its actually disgusting! bleh! (just finished it...was truly awful!!)

beca-this fybogel!! i went to buy some last night and they only had the orange flavour one! didnt want to buy it because of the citric acid etc! so which type do you have??

hope your all having a good day and have been as good as i have!!

minirog-at least you feel guilty about it! thats something! like you said just remember the feeling! i felt bad enough about eating 3 thin slices of sandwich chicken on sunday! glug lots and lots today to make you feel better about it x x x

Just spent an hour and a half in the gym, having my ass kicked by a personal trainer. I swear I almost threw up. Nice!

Weird thing is I'm still in Ketosis (according to the Ketostix and my Haleketosis breath!), so fingers crossed I'll make it past this blip without too much damage! We'll see.

Anyway,

Hayls, my maths lessons were never like that! You must be an extra nice teacher. Perhaps I wouldn't be so maths phobic now if my lessons had been more fun. Well done on the will power to resist. Miind you , I am craving savoury things now and never sweet! How strange, eh? Are you finding your sweet tooth has gone a bit as well?

Love and respect to you all!

oh it was brilliant and the kids loved it! i have to say the thing i wanted the most was the crisps!!

moved up o ss+ for the ;last 2 days and it feels amazing! am having lovely savoury meals(following guidlines on sizes!!) this evening i had tuna with balsamic vinegar, pepper, salt , sprinkle of chilli cucumner and lettuce! loved it sooo much!

if anthing though my tooth is getting sweeter! i alsoways was a savoury kind of girl but im in love with blending up choc mint with ice! tiss amazing! and i think i will continue to have that when im back to normal! taht and the porridge..which i love!

good work in the gym!! dont know how you can do it though on this little calories...i amy contemplate running this wknd! bang out 4 miles or something! feel like a big fat mess for not doing any exercise!! need to get on the weights to!! my arms are awful!!

x x x

Hi all!

It's so quiet around here! Hope you are all okay and just enjoying some Easter relaxation. Well, I weighed in today and lost 3lbs so I guess all the exercise was worth it! I'm feeling chuffed as it could have been a lot worse. I'm not straying from the diet again though - I may have got away with it this time, but I felt awful and I do realise it was luck more than my good judgement. Phew!

Hopefully catch some more people on here later unless you've all got to target and given up!

Me x

Back