Slim for Summer Diary??

hi anna. hope you enjoy your wii fit :D

congrats on the lb and the half stone award :D

it is different. but only in the fact that it seems much more difficult not to eat things that i want, ha. but i'm managing so far. i do get extra HE A choices but i rarely use them all. there's only so many laughing cow light triangles a person can eat. i have milk in my drinks too to try and use some up as i need to get more calcium in me. but the muller lights do that too. so to be honest i'm not really using any of the extras, ha.

good luck for this week :) my weigh in is on monday and after a first week's loss of half a lb i'm hoping i'll get more off this week. i've been sterling both weeks but it's difficult not knowing whether i'll be retaining water, whether baby has gained weight etc etc so there's no way of knowing what the scales will say. that is the hardest difference. but i know i'm following it so hopefully preventing gain will be doing enough :)

abz xx

hi anna. hope you enjoy your wii fit :D

Hi,
The wii fit is brilliant and so much fun :) The weight is pretty accurate too so I can use it as a guide if for some reason I can't get to SW one week.
I'm going to try and do 20 mins every eve when I get it and see if that helps me.

I did ok this weekend -

Saturday -
Breakfast - All Bran & Milk HEXA&B
Lunch - 1/2 chicken sandwich - bread 3.5 & mayo 5 syns
Dinner - Slim Joes Sausage Casserole with coucous & salad, 2 syns for olive oil in dressing
2 small glasses of wine - 22.5 syns total
:(

Sunday -
Late Breakfast - Bacon, tomatoes, baked beans & fried egg in olive oil - HEXB
Sunday Dinner - Pork and chicken, new potatoes,cauliflower, carrots & peas, stuffing 2 syns & gravy 3 syns
Snack - Muller light
HEXA milk in tea & coffee
Total 5 syns

hey hon. do you snack at all? the meals look great but i always have things in between too. :D

hey hon. do you snack at all? the meals look great but i always have things in between too. :D
Hey Abz,

I'm not too bad on snacks, if I fancy something it will mostly be fruit or a muller light (love the cherry & choc ones!), also like olives so would have a handful of them which I think is only 1 syn or so.
My big downfall is wine! ... when I get in from work I love having a glass which then turns into 2 and before I know it that's 12 syns already!
I'm trying to save some syns and have some wine on a Friday and Saturday but it is hard :)
What's do you struggle with?

Monday -
Breakfast - Ryvita minis HEXB & apple
Lunch - Jacket potato, chicken & sweetcorn in mayo and salad - 5 syns
from mayo
Snack - 2 oranges
Dinner - Slim Joes pork meat made into meatballs with a courgette, onion, garlic and chillies and passatta sauce on wholemeal spagetti
Snack - Muller light cherry & choc - 1 syns
HEXA - milk in tea and coffee
Total 6 syns

sorry to say that i'm not struggling with anything yet. have just finished my second week and pregnancy seems to be helping as it's totally turned me off chocolate!! which would be my major downfall, and pizza, which is all i was eating before i started sw now just makes me feel ill, ha. so i have a little helper on board.

i do struggle with not being able to have loads of bread. i miss eating loads of bread, but it just isn't worth the synnage, ha.

abz xx

Ohhhh dear ... I have had the worst weekend :(
Went away to the coast with some friends and have eaten some awful things -
Chinese
Indian
Pizza
Fish and chips
Hot cross buns
Chocolate ... the list goes on and on!
I have no clue what my WI will be tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to it. As long as I can keep my half stone award I'll be vaguely happy with that!

Hi Anna - just a quick post... think muller light choc cherry are 2 syns rather than 1. Also - re your weekend, you're not the only one.. all we can do is draw a line under it and get back on plan. xx

Hi Anna - just a quick post... think muller light choc cherry are 2 syns rather than 1. Also - re your weekend, you're not the only one.. all we can do is draw a line under it and get back on plan. xx
Hi Louise24,
Thanks for the advise re the cherry and choc muller lights ... I thought 1 syn was too good to be true! They are sooo tasty!
I WI tonight and not looking forward to it, I feel really bloated today.
How was your easter weekend? When do you WI? x

Hi.. I weighed in last night, managed to scrap a loss of 0.5lbs, which I was amazed about (I'd been naughty). Mmm, the yogurts are still worth two syns though, yum. Good luck tonight, make sure you let us know how you get on. x

Well I put on 1lb which I think I got off lightly really considering I pretty much had 4 days off plan.
It's disappointing as it's a step back but I'm back on plan and determined to get that lb off next week plus more hopefully!
Thursday -
Breakfast - Apple & Muller light
Lunch - 2 slices of roast turkey with peas & carrots & cup of carrot soup
Snack - Alpen light bar x 2 - HEXB
Dinner - Pasta n Sauce with large salad - HEXA from milk in pasta
Syns will be my dash of milk in tea/coffee & 2 syns for the marge I'll use in the pasta n sauce

My other half is also working late tonight so I'm going to be on the wii fit for at least half an hour after work :)

Last edited:
So my syns for yesterday, I had about 3 cups of tea so 3 syns there from the milk and some marge in my pasta n sauce so 2 syns in that = 5 syns :)
Today I've eaten -
Breakfast - Apple & 2 alpen light bars HEXB
Lunch - Jacket potato with coronation chicken (5 syns) and salad
Snack - Fruit salad
For dinner - Homemade chilli con carne and rice
And think I might treat myself to a spritzer in pub garden on way home with OH so that will be 4 syns
Total 9 syns

So other than Saturday night which resulted in too much sangria and then drunkenly tucking into a chinese I did ok this weekend. I'm hoping Sat night won't effect me too much but who knows.
Saturday -
Breakfast - All bran & milk HEXA&B
Lunch - Chicken & bacon salad - 5 syns
Dinner - Far too much snagria and chinese so 50syns+ !!!

Sunday -
Breakfast - All bran & milk HEXA&B
Lunch - Chicken tikka pieces - 1 syns, sliced ham, carrot and cucumber, mixed salad, ff cottage cheese, low fat houmous 1.5 syns, Tomato Covent Garden soup ... can't find online so 5 syns??
Dinner - Roast Pork, fry light roast potatoes & parsnips, peas and carrots, gravy with fat added - 3 syns

Total 10.5 but soup is estimated

Monday -
Breakfast - All bran & milk, HEXA&B
Snack - Apple
Lunch - sml jacket pot, chilli con carne & salad
Snack - Alpen light bar x 1 - 3 syns
Dinner - left over roast pork from Sunday, homemade fry light wedges & spaghetti hoops (aware that I didn't have 1/3 superfree food with this meal but it was tasty!)

Total 3 syns :) and did 30mins on my wii fit

Ohhhh I'm craving cake ... I don't know why because I never normally do but there is some cake in my work's restaurant and I can't stop thinking about going and getting a piece!
So far today I've had -
Breakfast - Muller light & 1 x alpen light bar - 3 syns
Lunch - egg mayo sandwich on brown bread HEXB - 5 syns
Snack - Fruit salad
I've already had 8 syns today but really fancy something sweet :(

Last night was hard :( went to the pub after work with OH and friend and had a spritzer - 4 syns but they then decided to order a curry!!! I am very pleased to say I resisted and made my self a steak with lots of roasted veg and salad plus some pasta on side.
I made sure that my dinner was ready for when theirs was delivered and it actually wasn't too bad :)
So I think I went slightly over my syns yesterday but nothing in comparison to if I'd given in and had the curry so I'm quite pleased.
I've got WI in tonight after work so I'm hoping my choices this week will result in a loss but who knows!

I put on 0.5lb last night which is 2 gains in a row and in 8 weeks I've only lost 2 pounds!!! :(
I came home feeling really down and even had a little cry but am now determined to pick myself up and get back on track. I am off to do a shop after work and lots of salads, soups and fruit are on the list.
Last night I had a yummy dinner - chicken marinated in soy sauce, chilli, garlic, spring onions & gingers then stirfried with peppers, mushrooms and onions served with some rice.
Thursday -
Breakfast - Fried eggs and bacon - cooked at work by the chef and I asked for eggs to be cooked in no fat but I think there was some so going to class as 6 syns & has smidge of tomato sauce so 8 syns in total.
Snack - Fruit salad & ryvita minis HEXB
Lunch - Jacket potato, b.beans and salad
Dinner - Chicken and ham salad with low fat cottage cheese 1 syns and batchelors rice (chicken or golden - 1syn) and 5 olives 0.5 syns
HEXA - milk in tea & coffee

Total 10.5 syns

Last edited:
Aww sweets, don't beat yourself up. Why not try doing green days or red to give your system a shock? Also - fried eggs aren't 6 syns, they are only 0.5 syns if fried in oil (that's what my book says anyway). Keep going and try drinking lots of water and eating super speed snacks. x

Aww sweets, don't beat yourself up. Why not try doing green days or red to give your system a shock? Also - fried eggs aren't 6 syns, they are only 0.5 syns if fried in oil (that's what my book says anyway). Keep going and try drinking lots of water and eating super speed snacks. x

Thanks Louise24, I am doing ok this week and feeling quite positive again so that's good ... I will have a look over the red and green but don't want to got too confused lol.
Thanks for the tip with the fried eggs ... I just counted eggs as free and then in back of my book a tbsp of oil is 6 syns so it's easy to get syns wrong sometimes.

Today my food plan is -
Breakfast - Muller light, 1 apple and 1 pear
Lunch - Chicken & bacon salad - 5 syns & mix fruit salad
Snack - 2 x alpen light HEXB
Dinner - Ham & cheese HEXA Omletter with mixed salad
3 spritzers - 12 syns
Total 17 syns

Last edited:
Saturday -
Breakfast - Mix fruit salad & muller light
Lunch - Alpen light x 2 - HEXB
Dinner - Chicken salad, veg rice 1 syn, cottage cheese 1 syn and 5 olives 0.5 syns
I went out Sat night so had flexi syns which my consultant hhas told me about, he advises I set a limit so mine was 50 syns -
2 spritzers - 8 syns
4 small glasses of wine - 24 syns
2 vodkas - 8 syns
Total - 40 syns ... so I stuck within my limit and even slightly less. I know this will effect my losses in the long term but it means I stay in control whilst I'm out on a sat night.

Sunday -
Breakfast - Mix fruit salad & muller light, 1 x croissant - 6.5 syns
Lunch - BBQ at home - 1 burger, pasta salad, potato salad with salad cream 2.5, pork chop and chicken breast
Dinner - Homemade veg soup and fruit salad, ryvita minis HEX B
HEXA milk in tea and coffee
Total 9 syns

Monday -
Breakfast - Mix fruit salad and muller light
Lunch - Cauliflower and stilton soup - 5.5 syns, pasta salad
Snack - Carrot cake - 5 syns
Dinner - Spag bol with extra lean mince & cheese - HEXA
Snack - Ryvita minis - HEXB

Going to have a good go on the wii fit tonight too ... need to burn some energy!!

Back