SLIMFAST NEWBIES - Introductions

Hi Ladies,

What is the powder slim fast in a tin like? I buy the ready to drink bottles but I've seen it on offer everywhere and I don't know whether to try it or not?

I'v found it is a bit thicker than the bottles, but it tastes good :)

Hello Everyone

Hi everyone. This is my first post so just really want to say hello to you all.

I've tried various diets over the years but my weight seems to keep slipping ever higher. I'm 35 now and don't get that much excercise so need to try a fresh approach to get into shape.

Have to admit to getting bored with diets quite quickly in the past so maybe some online inspiration will help! ;)

Started Slimfast on Monday and have been able to stick to it all week although have had some stick from the boys at work. Still, it will be all worthwhile if I can get back in shape!!

Hi everyone, new here thinking about starting the slimfast diet. Was doing weightwatchers for a few months lost a stone then put on over a stone :( 13st just now want to be 9st so got alot to loose. does anyone know where i can buy the slim fast ready meals ?

Hi sacha, sorry its taken so long to reply.
When i lost the 10lb i was just doing what it says on the tin, literally!
Just having a shake for breakfast, meal bar for lunch and my own meal at night.
I also working a wee cleaning job in the evenings so hoovering for 2 hrs helped, i suppose!
The wiifit was good too, little bit of hula hooping does wonders, you know!
Blue Riband biscuits are good for a low cal choccy treat with a cuppa, only 99 cal.
GL x

hiya, just joines slimfast forum. did slimming world for a week and couldnt get on with it so here i am. lost 4 stone on slimfast a few years ago and wanna loose 3 and half this time since having a baby 2 years ago its all back on xx

Hi, I'm Raquel and also new to the forum. At home in Australia I did the Tony Ferguson shake diet (I think it may be similar to cambridge), lost weight but put most of it back on. Started Slim Fast today.....hoping all goes well and looking forward to the support on the forum to get me through!

Good luck newbies! Stick with us, and we'll all get there together!!!

Hi everyone

Hi there im karen new to this site today wondered if slim fast really works? THis is my 7th day today started 9th jan I started off at 12st 8lbs gonna weigh tommor see what happens. I would love to join this group please i need some support.

Last edited:
hi ya
ive been doing slimfast for 2 years ive lost 8 and 1/2 stone so far with 10lb to go to my ideal weight so thought id join for a little push for the last bit as im struggling to lose it.

Hi all, im new just started today any1 with any 600 cal dinner ideas for me! and how can you enjoy meal out wen dont cals etc what about alchol! can you take 1 day break from diet or what! let me knw thanx

Hi there

I am starting slim fast tomorrow! I have tried loads of diets and failed so am hoping that slim fast will help.

Starting weight on 18st 13 lbs!

Hi all, im new just started today any1 with any 600 cal dinner ideas for me! and how can you enjoy meal out wen dont cals etc what about alchol! can you take 1 day break from diet or what! let me knw thanx

hiya thatch, i've only been doing it a week and am stuck for meals as well. i only just found out that on the sf website that the evening meal is the meal plus a desert for the 600 cals. i was making a huge salad with ham and 3 potatoes for 600 cals and using my snack for a blue ribband.

if its easier for you tesco has a lot of their healthy option ready meals on offer now, i had their lasagne and a jacket pot for tea, not too bad. otherwise take a look at any low calorie cookbook for ideas.

i swapped a snack for 1/2 a lager as it was about the same calories so i guess you could look up any alcohol to see if you could fit it in. best of luck x

good luck jules, keep yourself busy and you'll be fine x

Hiya I've just started today. I need to lose about 30lbs by the end of May. Does anyone have any suggestions for snacks that are under 100 cals?

hi amavic, i've been having a large pear for morning snack, then 30 grapes which i can make last for ages and finally as a pudding i have a blue riband to satisfy my chocolate craving as i suck all the chocolate off first then eat the rest lol!

Hey, I'm Ruth. I'm starting the slimfast diet tomorrow, hoping to be at least a stone light before the end of March!
Question, I bought the powder and it says you need to shake it for 20 secs? Would just stirring it with a spoon be okay?

Back