SLIMFAST NEWBIES - Introductions

hey, im sorry ive never been on anything like this before so have no idea what im doing... bare with me... for someone who works on computers all day im not that technically minded! im starting slimfast tomorrow... and could do with all the advice i can get!

hey, im sorry ive never been on anything like this before so have no idea what im doing... bare with me... for someone who works on computers all day im not that technically minded! im starting slimfast tomorrow... and could do with all the advice i can get!

hi gem, don't worry you're doing fine. do as sf recs with snacks as well with lots of water and it should work. good luck and let us know how your 1st week goes. x

Hi, I'm on SF too!! I have been on it since last Nov but not really got too far (all my own fault). Got back on it yesterday and found this great site today. I so need the encouragement!!!

Hey

Just thought i would say hello as im new to this site and not really sure what im doing! I am currently flicking between special k diet and slim fast which i find for me is working i started the diet middle of december I started at 11.5 and im now at 10.4 i would like to be 8.12/9 stone by august time as i have alot of wedding to go to. Any support would be great!!

Last edited:
Hey Joanne b

Good luck!! Whats the Special K diet?

I want to be a my goal weight by the summer because I want to buy a bikini for the first time in my life.

Hello all I am new here and have started SF am on day 2 so far. I just wanted to pop in and say hi to you all and that I am looking forward to reading the forum and chatting to you all!

XXX

hi and welcome to you all, you're right it is a great site, lovely warm friendly people with oodles of encouragement and advice.

i also find if its your thing(it is mine, i'm addicted lol!) to go to the arcade and play some games as it completely takes your mind off food and keeps your fingers busy! good luck x

Hi, I'm new here.

I have been following Slimming World for the past 2 years and have managed to lose over 100 lbs, however I have become stuck in a rut since Christmas, I can't stop eating chocolate and picking at other bad foods!

This is the reason I've decided to start Slimfast, I'm hoping I will get back on the straight and narrow by trying something different as I really don't want to undo the good work I've done so far, maybe a change is all I need.

Fingers crossed it works!

Hi Smaller One, losing a 100 pound must make you feel so proud.

I find the SF takes away my sugar cravings because the smoothies and milk shakes a quite sweet. So it sounds like it should be good for you.

Wishing you lots of luck :D

Hope its no bother for a guy to join up on here.
Found the site by accident and have been having a browse, and seems really helpful and everyone seems really nice.

About me, well im 29 next week, and have decided to make a true effort in shedding some pounds.

Few years ago I used to play field hockey for the town and took a few seasons off to play other sports. Developed some bad habits and now want to be ready for the new season.
I used to be at 11 stone in match weight, but have gained 2 stone.
Im not massive, but look now like a rugby player.
Ive tried alot of diets to try and shed it, but could never find anything that worked well with my job and the shifts.

For the past few months Ive just stuck with Bran flakes, plain rice and then a 'light' meal for dinner.
Been doing the SF route this week, and already feel better, but yet to see what the scales measure in at on monday.

I joined up to hopefully chat with like minded people and gain some knowledge and hopefully help too sometimes.

I look forward to meeting and chatting with everyone.
Hope im not a nuisance.

cheers
Tony

hi tony, good to have you on board! everyone's welcome here and very friendly too. so if its advice, or just a chat come on often, it really does help to talk about it x :)

Last edited:
Hello Tony,

You'll love it here, we are trying to start a weigh in on here.

It was going to be on a Friday but as most people seem to weigh in some point between Friday and Monday then posting your weight loss on Monday would be fine.

You can find it in the SF forum, come have a look.

Good luck!

Hello everyone im Lady x.. im starting slim fast 2moro! 2nd march 09, wish me luck! x

Hello!!

I am starting slimfast again, this time i am determined to lose the weight!!! would be nice to lose around 2 stone!! feel at times that i need a little support from people who are going through the same as me, so thought this would be a very good place to start!!

well here goes....... lets see what this week will bring!!!

keez13

Hello ladyx and keex13, it's great here. you will definately find all the inspiration you need to get you to your goals on here.

Good Luck!! :D

Starting slimfast again after 12 months off of dieting. Now would like to lose a further 10kg if not more so here goes!

Day 1 was today things not so bad except Im a little hungry but from what I remember from last time day 1 is a little tough if your used to just eating/grazing all the time.

Back