SlimmingWorld and Emotional Eaters

Chris Judson

Hey Guys,

could do with help and support for supporting my Fiance who is really struggling with her weight due to being an emotional eater. I have never really experienced anyone who has this issue, so i'm struggling to know how to help/suppport her. I have tried to talk to her about helping her e.g. suggesting using tools such as this forum or using instagram like i do to get support from others but then weight is such a difficult topic to discuss, its like skating on thin ice....

She's a lot more overweight since we got together (to be fair so am I) but i really want to help and support her as this weight gain has really stopped her loving/caring about herself.

Has anyone gone through this or know anybody who has?

any advice would be appreciated.

Hi Chris, I think a lot of woman are emotion eaters (not speaking for all obviously). I think it's hormonal. Being on a forum like this is really helpful for me as you can chat to people who get exactly what you are going through. I love to see people's stories, it really helps to motivate me and know if they can do it then I should be able to do it too. 24 hours a day you can look on line, post and get replies. It's a great help. Best wishes to you both.

Hey Chris.you can class me as an emotional eater/ binge eater. Plz feel free to ask any questions.
It’s very tough. My husband and I have been together 11 years and he still doesn’t understand it fully although he does try.

I have had cognitive behavioural therapy and read countless self help books. Basically an emotional eater eats to distract themselves from whatever negative emotion it is they r feeling. It’s zones them out.

I find sticking to diets hard and I’m not hugely over weight

What does work for me usually is to stick to 3 meals a day and no snacks at all. That way u can’t convince yourself to eat

hi chris, Im an emotional eater and tend to "eat my feelings", and in reponse to how to help/support her, i have no frigging clue im afraid! isnt that the million dollar question. But its great that u are being so great and understanding xx

Back