SLOW COOKER RECIPES

Ingredients

Methods

• Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the onions until light golden brown (about 3 - 4 minutes).
  • Add the Patak's Tikka Masala and Patak's Madras Pastes and sauté for a further one minute.
  • Add the tomatoes and cook for a further 1 minute.
  • Add the cooked chick peas, sugar and water and mix well. Transfer to your slow cooker and cook on high for 1½ - 2 hours.
  • Garnish with the chopped coriander and serve with warm Patak's
just found a few slow cooker recipes on pataks own web site that could be adapted to slimming world.

this looks delish i lurve chickpea curry :eatdrink023:

cathie XXX

Thanks cathiec I'll have a look on their website later :) xx

just an update

used pataks balti paste for curry in slow cooker and was goooood!!

browned onion and meat in the paste and then put all in sc with tinned toms and water as it says on jar, an just left it on low for 6 hours. meat just fell apart :D:D

cathie xx

Oooh yay i love pataks sauces, and i am buying a SC tomoz, will defo be trying that out plus loads of other recipe's too..

:D

Quick Question, I work from 9.30-12.30, I get home @ 1pm and have to make lunch etc

I leave the house @ 8.30am to take dd to school.

when would be best to put something in the sc, before school/work or after work, when im making lunch??

JenXx said:
Oooh yay i love pataks sauces, and i am buying a SC tomoz, will defo be trying that out plus loads of other recipe's too..

:D

Quick Question, I work from 9.30-12.30, I get home @ 1pm and have to make lunch etc

I leave the house @ 8.30am to take dd to school.

when would be best to put something in the sc, before school/work or after work, when im making lunch??

Think it depends when you have tea, if it's not till bout 7pm then 1 would be fine to put it on, on high! Or you could put it on low just when you leave at 8.30 then it should be ready for 4.30pm. They're the rough times I use for beef stew xx

My SC has a warming setting which you can keep on for 2 hours I think, so I tend to always cook on low for 8-10 hours, then if that's too early you can always switch it to the warm setting.

I'm out of the house for too long during the day (7am-6pm) so I tend to cook things overnight, then re-heat when I'm home from work. Not quite as convinient but still easier than cooking from scratch when I'm home from work!

I am glad I have found this thread I love using my slow cooker - its full of soup right now cooking away but I am always looking for new and tasty dishes to cook in it

hmm think i need a sc

Aloo Gobi (potato and cauliflower curry).

• 1 large head cauliflower, washed and cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 1 large potato, peeled and diced
  • 1 medium onion, peeled and coarsely chopped
  • 1/2 can tomatoes
  • 3 tbsp water
  • 1 (2-inch [5 cm]) piece ginger, grated
  • 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped, minced or grated
  • 1 tablespoon (15 mL) cumin seed
  • 1 teaspoon (15 mL) red chili powder
  • 1 tablespoon (15 mL) garam masala
  • 1 teaspoon (5 mL) turmeric powder
Put everything in the crock pot and mix together to combine. Put on the high setting for about 5 hours or until the vegetables are tender. Add salt to taste and enjoy with rice.

Slow Cooker Receipes?

Hi there

Does anyone have any good slow cooker receipes. I am on the Extra Easy plan. I am def going to try the irn bru chicken. Looking for more ideas!!!

Thanks

I put my spag bol on in a mornign so it cooks quick and is ready when I get home from work at 7:30pm. I just brown off my mince, onion, carrots & peppers throw in garlic, herbs amnd passata then transfer to my slow cooker on slow and off to work.

Look in the winter warmer sub-forum as there are a couple of stickies devoted to slow cooking

Also try doing a search because there are loads of posted slow cooker recipes

A quick 'google' will also give you lots of internet recipe sites devoted to slow cooking and many can be made SW friendly. Seach for crock pot as well, as this is the american name for a slow cooker

i just made the most gorgeous beef curry in my slow cooker and the only syn was 0.5 for the tomato puree but ill get 2 meals out of it so basically syn free:D i didnt really measure anything as it was more a case of chucking it all in and leaving it so im just estimating the quantities below, i had it on high for 3 hours and then switched to low for about another 3 hours but you could have it on low for about 6-8 hrs if you were out at work i suppose.

1lb stewing steak or braising steak
1 tin tomatoes
1 beef stock cube / i used one of the knorr gel pots
2 bay leaves (not sure what this added so could leave it out?)
1 tsp chilli powder or more if you like it hotter
2 crushed garlic cloves
2 tsp coriander powder
2 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp turmeric
2 tsp onion salt - i didnt have any actual onions so i used this to replace onion and salt
1 tsp crushed black pepper
1 level tbsn tomato puree (0.5 syn)

i had it with rice on EE and it was lovely, i had intended to add more veg into it but forgot so had a bit more on the side but between the tinned tomatoes and onion it should make up your 1/3 SF on an EE day.

I did this today and we've just devoured it. It was gorgeous . I added some mushrooms and a small glug of water as it looked dry . Seriously will be having this every week !!!

Thanks everyone for all these great ideas, my 2nd weigh in today so wish me luck!

Slow cooker recipes?

I'm currently without a kitchen and living out of a microwave and slow cooker. Has anyone got any exciting recipes I'm a bit sick of stew!

Thanks everyone for the great recipes. I love my slow cooker especially when its my work days. So easy to use and something ready to eat when you come in from work. More time to chill. :)

I cooked a whole chicken in mine for the first time yesterday (no liquid added) and it went down very well with the family as it was very moist - trying a joint of beef tomorrow - there is no stopping me now

Back