Smelly Elle's fantastic diary: Weight Loss? What Weight Loss?

2) Those pics of Edinburgh look bloody gorgeous & made me wish i'd applied to the uni there
Have a good Sunday
Daisy x

An English person...at university in Edinburgh...well that would be a first

:8855:

(I know it's a stereoptype but after piping at a student function in Edinburgh I couldn't get over just how many were English...not in a bad way but we have three uni's in Glasgow and you barely have any English. Must be something about Edinburgh!)

an edinburgh accent is easier to understand than a strong glaswegian one for non-scots... every time i'm in edinburgh i'm shocked by the number of americans there!! saying that, i haven't been for a couple of years...

Yeah my brother was gonna go to Glasgow & i don't think he could quite grasp the accent - silly little Londoners aren't we?:D
Last time I was there it was chucking it down constantly for three days and we bought novelty Harry Potter glasses, s my experience of the place is fairly limited lol

I have gotten good at diluting my accent. Was funny, was in Treforest in Wales a while back and bumped into a Scottish lassie who was a student there. She was delighted she could slip back in to her normal accent...and I was quite happy to do the same!

Hi queenb - not met you before. Good luck with your goal x

I hope your feeling better this morning elle.

I have gotten good at diluting my accent. Was funny, was in Treforest in Wales a while back and bumped into a Scottish lassie who was a student there. She was delighted she could slip back in to her normal accent...and I was quite happy to do the same!
What is at Treforest? I work on the trains and sell loads of tickets to treforest and Cathays. There must be some reason these places are so ppopular with commuters!

Could it be the university Puggso was talking about?

I guess it IS mostly the Uni then - thanks Jim.

So your passengers must be mostly students then Taz

hey elle. are you feeling any better? did you get to see your grandad?

hope you are faring well today dwarlink.

abz xx

I am assuming it will be the uni. I was only there with a mate who was doing a gig, we did pass the train station a couple of times though.

Fairly small place but has the big uni.

Hi allllllllllllllll :) Went to the docs today and said look, sir, i've been ill now for 10 days, what's goin on? And he checked in my ears and checked my breathing and said, looks like you've just got a really bad cold. Really enlightening stuff! lol...

im not bad, today's been a bit cough-y. been blowing my nose a bit too much and it's paining me but hopefully ill be back to my usual self soon.

Well, yesterday at my cousins did not go well at all. My aunty is a cake maker/decorator and her cakes are so nice so i couldn't help myself. But i weighed this morning, I think i put on about 1/4 lb... My food diary isn't going well because ive been moping around downstairs for much of the day and haven't been coming upstairs to record much.

what else was i going to say...errrm, oh hi people who have just come on here! thanks for your comments! :D wait, was it 1 person or two people? i have forgotten... either way, muchas thanks to you.

i quite like the Glaswegian accent, although i suppose I don't really know anyone with a hardcore version. My little sister's best friend is originally from Glasgow but the second she arrived in the midlands she changed her accent - apparently she was embarrassed, i have no clue why?! she only speaks it at home and to my little sis cos they've been best friends for years and are very comfy with each other. for this reason, my sis has picked it up to a tee, lol. An accent I really find hard to understand is Irish...sometimes, when it's very very very irish...

did see my grandad abz, he looked ok! not bad at all! :)

Well, i think i shall go back to work tomorrow. I've got till wed off if i want but i dont know...i feel like i should go in.

xxx

I wouldn't say mines is the thickest.

This was filmed in my town with the lead actor (Martin Compston) being a local boy.

I would say this was the extremely thick version of the west of Scotland accent

YouTube - sweet sixteen part 4

*warning* lots of strong language :)

Oh Elle - I love the Irish accent but I agree about it being hard to understand sometimes. When I was in Ireland last year it took me a long time to realise the guy in charge of the music was talking to me - and wanted me to sing. I was smiling inanely and someone tapped me on the shoulder to say "He's talking to you - he says you can borrow his guitar and sing" - whoops.....

Oh Elle - I love the Irish accent

Northern or Southern..I have this habit of instantly falling in love with any girl I hear with either accent :rolleyes:

Back