Total Solution Smidge's 2016 Diary :)

Watch out, grumpy lady coming through :mad:

Day started off really positive.. I've got two counters on my phone, one counting down to holiday and one counting up the days I've been on exante, and today they switched! Less days to go till holiday than I have been on exante :)

Anyway, I decided to go to Matalan after work to get some new work trousers as my 18's are literally falling off. Spent forever looking round for the right style and then took a 16 into the changing room and they were tighter than I had hoped for :( Why is it one size is far too big and one feels still too small!! I know I have only lost 2 stone but a part of me was really hoping the 16's would be loose and I would be edging towards a 14 already....I guess I still have some time to go *huff*

I'm going to have a fruit tea, do some puzzles and go to sleep! Got my spa evening tomorrow so I hope that will make me feel much better and help me get through the last 6 weeks (aaaaages :()

Enjoy your spa evening today, I'm quite jealous! And ignore clothing labels... I had to buy a new top yesterday - a size 22 wouldn't even get over my boobs in one store but I ended up buying a size 16 which fitted really well in another - to be honest, it wasn't even my favourite top, but I bought it because the label was a 16 - how sad is that??!? I'm so guilty of getting hung up on the number inside a pair of clothes and ignoring what really matters - the number on the scales.

Forget the numbers on clothes, every different brand and style fit differently.

I was rooting through my wardrobe last night and pulled out 2 tops to try on - one was 18 one was 16. The 16 top fit better - what gives???

Compared the two and the size 16 top is infact bigger than the 18.

Enjoy the spa evening :)

You guys are right. And you know what I woke up this morning and those new bloody trousers were loose compared to last night, I guess water leaving my body overnight. Anyway I just feel really good today, happy and pleased with myself so far.

I'm going to take the advice and stop letting scales and clothes labels dictate my mood and just bloody enjoy everyday as much as I can until this 'treatment' is over lol!

Glad the trousers fit better today :)

Hi Smidge, yes sizes are like the scales... not to be given any power over your general outlook on life, be it physical or emotional. I was such a mess yesterday, the scales were taunting me to eat - and I stupidly caved.
Today I didn't (didn't have a choice either..) and I survived. My clothes aren't hanging off me at all - and I remember last time, it took forever between the 18s, 16s, and 14s to change clothes sizes!
I am happy this little group is as dedicated to losing as it is - that way it encourages me to stay focused and I know others are out there giving it the best they can and being 100%
Really inspiring - you gals ROCK!

I can't believe the difference of sizing in shops. I have size 12 tops that fit me from M&S and size 18 trousers from Zara that are too snug. So like the other ladies I try not to look at sizing and focus on what I can see happening in the mirror. Fingers crossed for you getting in to the 12s very very soon. XX

Hi Smidge, yes sizes are like the scales... not to be given any power over your general outlook on life, be it physical or emotional. I was such a mess yesterday, the scales were taunting me to eat - and I stupidly caved.
Today I didn't (didn't have a choice either..) and I survived. My clothes aren't hanging off me at all - and I remember last time, it took forever between the 18s, 16s, and 14s to change clothes sizes!
I am happy this little group is as dedicated to losing as it is - that way it encourages me to stay focused and I know others are out there giving it the best they can and being 100%
Really inspiring - you gals ROCK!

I can't believe the difference of sizing in shops. I have size 12 tops that fit me from M&S and size 18 trousers from Zara that are too snug. So like the other ladies I try not to look at sizing and focus on what I can see happening in the mirror. Fingers crossed for you getting in to the 12s very very soon. XX

I'm staring to think clothes sizes are just made to mess with us. So like if we're a smaller size in Debenhams than matalan, we'll probably spend more money in Debenhams...?

@enlightenme2 I totally agree, some days I don't think I'd make it through without the support on here. Go team :D

Good morning ladies!!

Had a lovely relaxing evening at the spa, only downside was getting in at 11 and having to be in work at 8 today!! I've already booked to go back in a month, it will be interesting to see how my swimsuit is feeling by then ;)

Food wise was good. I had half a plate with leaves, tomato and cucumber and then a quarter plate of roasted mediterranean veg and the rest was about 3 lumps of chicken in a creamy sauce (a little treat lol). Don't feel hungry this morning so good ketosis friendly choices I feel :)

Looking forward to the weekend plus only 4 days until Feb is done and I'm in to my final month before refeed. Exciting times!

Have a good one all :)

Sounds like a fab night with good food choices :)

And the end is in sight too :D

Good morning ladies!!

Had a lovely relaxing evening at the spa, only downside was getting in at 11 and having to be in work at 8 today!! I've already booked to go back in a month, it will be interesting to see how my swimsuit is feeling by then ;)

Food wise was good. I had half a plate with leaves, tomato and cucumber and then a quarter plate of roasted mediterranean veg and the rest was about 3 lumps of chicken in a creamy sauce (a little treat lol). Don't feel hungry this morning so good ketosis friendly choices I feel :)

Looking forward to the weekend plus only 4 days until Feb is done and I'm in to my final month before refeed. Exciting times!

Have a good one all :)

Can you ask what you do at the spa? Do you book a massage? Also you mentioned reseed... are you going by the book, i.e. refeed after 12 weeks?
My question to you ladies... what if you don't see it in the mirror nor in the clothes? I mean I need to lose 30lbs before I start "seeing" the loss - and right now, aside from my jeans being looser in the waist, nothing really is happening for me - that's why if the scales don't budge and I'm being 100% I'm discouraged

Can you ask what you do at the spa? Do you book a massage? Also you mentioned reseed... are you going by the book, i.e. refeed after 12 weeks?
My question to you ladies... what if you don't see it in the mirror nor in the clothes? I mean I need to lose 30lbs before I start "seeing" the loss - and right now, aside from my jeans being looser in the waist, nothing really is happening for me - that's why if the scales don't budge and I'm being 100% I'm discouraged

I didn't have a massage or any treatments this time I went. I just used the swimming pool and them the thalassotherapy pool with the jets and that along with the sauna and steam room.

I am re-feeding at the end of March as I am on holiday mid-April and I want to be ready for it and out of ketosis. I don't think I will return to exante afterwards, I will join SW or WW.

It is hard to stay motivated but I just try to remember that when you lose weight to quickly it does take time for your brain to catch up and see your new body. I think seeing myself in pictures helps me see the difference, perhaps you should do that if you are not already? :)

I've lost 30 lbs but there is no difference in my clothes size - some waists feel a little looser I suppose, but that's it o_O

Nobody has noticed my weight loss either

.....but that actually makes me even more determined, as it demonstrates just how morbidly obese I am :oops:

Hand on heart, nothing but 3 Exante packs, black coffee and water has been eaten or drunk by me since January 4th

....I am in this for the long haul :D

I haven't noticed any real difference myself, as Smidge says I think the brain needs to catch up with what you actually look like.

A few people have noticed and commented but not many. The only difference in clothes I've actaully seen is in a looser waistband on my jeans, my t-shirts feeling a bit looser and a smaller bra. I haven't tried to get into smaller jeans and trousers yet as I don't want to be disappointed, I'll wait until my jeans are falling off!

My approach to the diet is to stay 100% TS for four full weeks then introduce some additional calories for one week, then repeat until I am at goal. This is similar to what Exante suggest, only they say add a meal after 21 days, I'm going 28 days. The only deviation from this will be my holiday booked in at the end of April. I will come of Exante for that and return to TS when I get back.

Evening ladies! Looks like everyone is having a successful exante weekend so far! I was out late last night (Red Dwarf again ;) :D ) and didn't get much water in between 5pm and 11pm so I woke up this morning not feeling very well. Have drunk plenty today and feeling much better luckily.

Not much happening for me today. Think I need an early night after two late nights and early mornings in a row - I'm sure Saturday used to be more about fun lol.

Anyway, nervous but looking forward to weigh in tomorrow, I still have everything crossed for the 12's o_O

Good morning ladies - it's that time again and I am pleased to say I have finally arrived back in the 12's with .... 3lb off :scale:

Good average loss considering I had a meal out Thursday and I know I didn't get much water in a couple of days last week. Really pleased to be in the 12's as that was my goal for this week. This also makes me over half way to my ultimate goal.

Sorted out my packs last night and had a chat with my OH about my diet and moving forward. He doesn't much like me being on the diet as we don't go out for dinner, it's awkward when family or friends invite us round/out and I can't go and we don't cook anything really as I am not eating and obviously I get jealous if he eats lots of delicious food lol. So anyway, I have agreed to end exante when my packs run out rather than spend more money on it. I will be switching straight back to SW to help me shift the rest of the weight and also maintain this loss in the future. I am really determined to make this the last time I have to lose so much weight!!

The packs I have left leave me with 21 days, so 3 weeks to go. I have given myself what I think is an achievelable target for 3 weeks but ideally I just want to get to 12st 7lb which is 6lb away.

Off to the dog racing tonight, I will have to give my hotdog and chips to my OH but at least we will be out of the house :D

Hi Smidge, I knew you'd smash your goal! :0clapper:
VLDCs are hard on the social life - that's why my hubs was so upset at me - it's that much more i'll have to continue and that much more i have to turn down sit down dinners etc from friends and family.
Are you comfortable losing the last third on SW? I don't really know that plan, but I'm always hearing people talk about it.

Back