Snow's umpteenth weight loss thread

I see a lot of stew in my future but that's fine as it's the time of year for it.

LOL love it!

i have also seen a recipe for radish dauphinoise which looks like it could be amazing. and i think they would be good in stew as they'll absorb all the flavour and have close to the texture of potato

Celeriac is yummy as a potato sub too - especially in duaphinoise and as chips and mash.

Not at work today but still been busy. Been to metrocentre and Aldi, got basics (cheese, full fat yogurt, low carb pasta, nuts) at Aldi as well as fanta grape zero (very excited about this) and hazelnut butter at Holland and Barett in the metro (I;m going to attempt keto nutella - at some point)
I decided to not eat breakfast to make it an intermittent fast day but I ate some nuts at like 10/10:30 last night and broke my fast at 1 so didn't manage 16 hours but close. I broke it 30g roasted nuts. (I roasted pecans and hazelnuts drizzled with no calorie vanilla and macadamia syrup) it's as close as going to get to honey roast nuts on a no sugar diet and the ones from the middle of the tray are great. The ones from the edge are a bit too roasted (oops)

B: Intermittent Fast
L: Going to attempt a low carb mug cake with my custard.
D: Chicken curry and green beans, left overs! no need to cook. My second favourite, behind takeaway

Snacks: Roasted nuts, maybe bacon

Another rainy day in the north east, No breakfast today as fasted until 2pm, I planned to do some baking today but haven't but i do need to make chicken stock/soup as i have chicken to use up.

I'm baby sitting tonight, for the friend I was at on Tuesday, so I am planning on having the same food - normally I don't eat when I'm babysitting (except sweets haha, which are obviously off the menu now.) as she feeds the kids before i get there and shamefully her kitchen is so small I physically cannot get to the fridge, but missing meals is slippery slope towards falling off plan and the meal I got is allowed so why not.

B: IF
L: Bacon and a cathedral city mini
D: Bunless burger and fried onion.

Snacks: Roasted nuts

Last edited:
I did not get fried onions with my burger (which have 42g of carbs in) because I'm a idiot who can't work the deliveroo app. This meant I was actually low on fat and calories so when I got in I made my self a chocolate dessert with 50mls extra thick double cream mixed with chocolate inulin syrup (inulin is a chicory root fibre that is so sweet but low in carbs because it's so high in fibre) i have a ordinary one which is like a cross between golden syrup and honey and a chocolate one (i think this is just the ordinary mixed with cocoa powder)

Never heard of inulin, what's it like taste wise?

And well done on really keeping a handle on your fat and carbs, do you use MFP to track them?

Last edited:
The chocolate one just tastes like a chocolate sauce to me, the ordinary one is like a less sweet golden syrup but more natural which is why i think it reminds me a bit of honey. Anyway, they are lower-calorie that syrup (I think about half the calories) but really low carb - 10-11g per 100g, (syrup is like 80g per 100 and even choc shot is 56g per 100) so ideal for low carb.

I do use myfitnesspal (same username) over there - I am a creature of habit. There are all sorts of alternatives out there that are similar (carb manager is one - not sure if diet doctor has an app) but I revert to MFP just because I know what I'm doing. The one thing about using it with low carb is when you are looking for something generic, like veg etc you have to look for a UK version because the US report carbs differently to us (They include fibre in carbs so US ingredients you need to deduct the fibre) UK nutritional info is already the net carbs (mostly).

Today I had/am having
B: Chia porridge with cinnamon and cream,
L: Coconut pancakes with sausage patties from Aldi (these taste just like mcdonalds and are 1g of carbs per pattie)
B: Chicken and broccoli cream soup

Snacks:
low carb milk chocolate (chocologic - 3g carbs for 4 squares - I'm working on liking dark chocolate not there yet)
BBQ pork scratchings
Flaxseed crackers and guacamole

No soup as I forgot to take the chicken out to defrost - I've prepped the stock and veg which i'll blend and then cook chicken thighs in the actifry and put the meat in soup and curry and put the chicken skin back in the actifry to crisp up for a snack. No guacamole either as the avacado isn't ripe enough - the crackers are in the oven though so goinng to have them with some butter.

Sounds just like me, I plan meals then forget to take stuff out of the freezer :) but you've got some good compromises there instead.

How did the crackers turn out?

They were overly salty (my fault as the recipe is literally milled flaxseed and water with salt and herbs (garlic and rosemary in this case) but still really good with butter. They are more oatcake like than normal cracker but still they fill a gap.
This is them before the oven - I believe you are meant to tidy the edges but I've just left it and will have some weird shaped ones 🤷‍♀️
1572822709671.png

And here is the some of the ones i ate as a snack with butter (that had not been out of the fridge long enough to spread hence the chunks)
1572822889870.png

I'm annoyed because there are large display size fireworks going off after 11 o clock at night - really near my house. There can't be a fireworks display at this time can they? Just must have neighbours who are twats.

Not just your neighbours, there were some going off near mine after midnight!

The crackers look great - I always thought about making stuff like that when i was doing LC but never got around to it!

Why? I understand on the nearest Saturday to Bonfire night or on Bonfire night. But Sunday? mind we get fireworks round here for like most of October and November as soon as the shops start selling them. But not normally as loud as last night's

Planning on having some of the crackers tonight. I am getting back into cooking from scratch, mainly because its cook it from scratch or not have it.

B: Fasting til 11
L: pork patties and cheese cake
D: Brocolli chicken soup and crackers

Snacks: roasted nuts, pork scratchings and cathedral city snack

Forgot to say 1lb off today so that's slowed sadly though I was expecting it too. (I know it's not healthy but how great would dieting be if you could just lose 6lb every week) but oh well. But it's still a loss. I don't think I ever lost 4 weeks in a row on slimming world even when I was 100% on plan.
I have read that on low carb you have a good loss at first (fluid) then you may plateau while you become fat adapted which may take some weeks and then weight loss resumed. So I have to keep my head straight on if I do stick and get through that.

Well done on the pound love, that's great, and yes I'm sure you will lose steadily, just stick to it!

My scales are propped up in the corner, covered with dust - too scared that if I get on them a voice will say "One at a time please!" :D :D (it's an oldie but a goodie!).

Last edited:
Bless you - My scales have spent much time in that position.

I had my soup and then a halo top stick and there is soup left over which i'll stick in the freezer because I'm in meetings all day tomorrow and have a short window for lunch that i don't want to spend in the queue for the microwave.

Morning meeting finished a little early - it is a stinker - just in time for Bonfire Night,

B: Flaxseed Porridge - I was annoyed that I picked up the wrong flaxseed in Aldi I got one with dried goji berries in which means it's 4g of carbs per serving instead of 1g - not that I saw a goji berry in the portion but it was otherwise nice.
L: Bacon, cheesecake, flaxseed crackers and boursin cheese (this would have been a snack if not for the meetings)
D: Not sure - I'm planning to make a curry but want to leave that until tomorrow as it's nicer next day. Will edit in later.

Snacks: Walnuts and cheddar stick.

The Aldi normal one is really low - the additional carbs in this will be the goji berries - dried fruit will always be high. I'll use it up because i have a generous carb allowance at the moment but get the normal one last time.

I was knackered after work today - why are meetings so tiring when they stop you doing any actual work! So I got a takeaway, but an allowed one? I got mixed kebab with salad no pitta I only ate half of it because it was ridiculous so that is tomorrow's tea as well. (my OH has pizza though so I'll have to think of something else for him as he's ate it all obviously)

I'm meeting averse these days, unless they are really interesting and involve me talking, I just want to nod off after a while :D.

I am meeting averse too but it doesn't get me out of them - only had one today first thing that basically undid several months of work and caused a kerfuffle that lasted all day. :mad: Also learned I'll be away with work for 4 days at the beginning of December so have that to plan for diet-wise.

B: Flaxseed porridge
L: flaxseed crackers and Boursin cheese, cheesecake
D: Leftover kebab and salad (my husband was horrified I ate this cold but I don't think there is any takeaway that isn't amazing cold the next day!)

Snacks:
Cheese stick, walnuts, pork scratchings

I realised today I've been counting walnuts as 30g but have got 9 portions of 30gs out of a 180g bag so they would have been 20g (I was just estimating) now looking at a tiny scale on amazon (it says pocket-sized and can weigh up to 200g) but I think it's intended for jewellery etc - it's only £7 but wondering if I might be going a bit far ( I will probably buy it - I am an amazon prime fiend) - at least I was overestimating rather than underestimating!

Back