Snow's umpteenth weight loss thread

Been shopping and stocked up on precooked bacon, also got some romanesco to do cauliflower cheese with, and shallots because they are apparently lower carbs than onions (I've seen this mentioned on a couple of keto sites) but google says they are higher carbs because they are sweeter but the values on mfp do show they are lower.

B: IF
L: Bunless burger, lettuce, pickled cabbabe and some cheese
D: Bacon and and shallot and cheese omelette

Snacks: Turkey and stuffing slices (Asda had some that were 3g of carbs for the back which i thought was low)
Going to cinema later with some spiced nuts, sugar free sweets and no added sugar chocolate

I tend to wing cauliflower cheese tbh - i mean it's so easy on this diet - just cream and cheese to make a sauce and add veg. I did not in fact get round ot making this yet though.

The nuts were made by my mum, she buys bags of nuts from lidl i think mixes up a couple of variety - gives them a bash to break up the bigger ones and roasts them in the oven with paprika, chilli and pepper and jars them up for my dad to snack on - occasionally I'm allowed a jar.

Well after being good at the cinema on friday (Midway) we ended up going again on saturday (Last Christmas) and my oh had a hotdog and i caved and had one too - i pretended i was going to leave the bun but I did not.

Yesterday
L: Flaxseed bread with butter and stute jam:
D: Crepes with sweetener and lemon

S: Odeon hot dog (oops)

Sunday
L: Peperami and a chococolate cheesecake
D: pack of precooked bacon and a full pack of boursin. (My oh now has a cold and didn't want dinner and i couldn't be bothered cooking for myself.)

The nuts were made by my mum, she buys bags of nuts from lidl i think mixes up a couple of variety - gives them a bash to break up the bigger ones and roasts them in the oven with paprika, chilli and pepper and jars them up for my dad to snack on - occasionally I'm allowed a jar.

Ooh that sounds good - and simple!

So how do you do IF?

So how do you do IF?
Half arsed to be honest. I'm aiming for a 16:8 (Fast sixteen hours, eight hour eating window) by skipping breakfast and eating lunch and dinner in the 8 hour window, but because I eat late it is often more like a 14:10

I only do it at the moment when I am in the house (either off or working from home) I'm scared to do it from work because if I am hungry and don't have a breakfast and nothing suitable is available I might eat something I shouldn't (This is despite the precooked bacon and cheese I have in the work fridge and the nuts and pork scratchings in my drawer.) so I prep a breakfast and then having prepped the breakfast I eat the breakfast.

I stayed the same again this morning - but given the hot dog I'm pleased about that. (According to the test stick the hot dog - well the bun kicked me out of ketosis but I am back in now so that's not too bad. )

Today's food

B: IF (WFH day)
L: Hotdogs (allowed ones with no bun) fried shallots and no added sugar ketchup and mustard
D: Beef mince and veg stew with cauliflower cheese and I might attempt the low carb Yorkshire as well.

S: Nuts and cheese

I tend to wing cauliflower cheese tbh - i mean it's so easy on this diet - just cream and cheese to make a sauce and add veg. I did not in fact get round ot making this yet though.

I've never eaten so much cauliflower in my life; it feels like my new secret weapon! Cauli mash is sooo much better than I expected and I'm not missing potato at all, and cauliflower cheese is is a great option too.

The nuts do sound great, I need to try that :)

It was amazing.

Attachments

• 20191118_193500.jpg
    20191118_193500.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
I've never eaten so much cauliflower in my life; it feels like my new secret weapon! Cauli mash is sooo much better than I expected and I'm not missing potato at all, and cauliflower cheese is is a great option too.

The nuts do sound great, I need to try that :)
I've not tried cauliflower mash yet. I know from slimming world I do not like cauliflower rice but I've definitely had cauliflower puree in restaurants that was nice (probably due to the amount of butter in) this did make me think of this though
1574113774228.png

I am weird as I actually don't like cooked cauliflower except in cauliflower cheese but I really like it raw. (But suspect as rice that would be too weird even for me.) I normally just get broccoli rice instead.

Skipping breakfast shouldn't really be an issue for me as I only really eat it when on a diet - I'm never hungry of a morning so going to try and so a bit more IF in.

B: IF (at work - because of the above, plus my post yesterday reminded me I am being ridiculous as I do have options for eating at work - also I was in meetings all morning so no chance of it going wrong)
L: left over beef stew and cauliflower cheese
D: I have chicken thighs but not sure what I'm doing with them yet - I was thinking maybe some stirfry veggies and a soy based sauce, but might do a homemade nandos.

Snacks
Fridge raiders
pecans
cheese stick

Migraine yesterday so a long fast - ate some precooked bacon and cheese around dinner time and had some halo ice cream.

L: Broccoli and chicken soup, hartleys sugar free blackcurrant jelly
D: Nando sauced coved Chicken thighs and edam crisps (OH will have rice)

Snacks
Fridge raiders
Apetine cheese snack with olives (tasty but expensive for what you get)

I actually don't like cooked cauliflower except in cauliflower cheese but I really like it raw. (But suspect as rice that would be too weird even for me.) I normally just get broccoli rice instead.

Broccoli rice gives me terrible toot toots :). And you can have my uncooked raw cauli!

Broccoli rice gives me terrible toot toots :). And you can have my uncooked raw cauli!

Happily will take all the uncooked cauli (I know I'm weird)

It was only when I got in from work that I thought I could do halloumi with my nando's chicken instead of edam so had that. I am under my calorie and carb allowance so may have some halo top.

I am so glad it's Friday!

L: leftovers from last night chicken thigh and halloumi and a sugar free jelly
D: sausages and cheese omelette

S:
Peperami
Cheese
Precooked bacon

Swapping out the dinner above for my first attempt at a fat head dough pizza. Which was amazing and may be what i live on going forward. I only ate half because even though it's not what low carb is about the calories in this were a little scary and its' very rich so half was enough.

1574465413156.png

Weekend at last!

L: Fathead pizza
D: Sausage and cheese omelette

Snacks
I have some chocologic no added sugar chocolate and might make some caramelised nuts to take to the cinema. (Going to see Frozen II)

L: Hotdogs, fried shallots, no added sugar ketchup and mustard
D: Chicken curry and skinny rice (I normally have green beans as a rice sub but I found a pack in the cupboard from a previous diet thats in date so I'm going to use it up)

S: Caramelised onion and the no added sugar chocolate at the cinema - going to see 21 Bridges tonight.

The fatboy pizza looks fabulous, well done for making it - was it a faff?

And how were the movies?
That's the best bit - it was super easy - put the mozzarella, almond flour and cream cheese in a bowl, microwave in short bursts - add an egg and mix until encorporated, I mean it's nothing compared to the work for a cauliflower base.

I really liked both films. I'd like to highly recommend caramelised nuts to anyone low carbing. I made mine with 70g butter, 30g erythritol, 30ml vanilla sugar free syrup - put everything in a pan and heat until the butter is melted and you get a syrup - reduce, add 200g of nuts and then reduce some more - add a pinch of salt and stir well just before you tip them out to cool - you want the liquid to be hardly there by the time you tip them out - I am loving these - I used pecans and they are like the caramelised pecans you get at christmas markets.
Link to instagram

Back