Snow's umpteenth weight loss thread

Definite thumbs up from me and OH (though the rest of the internet is seeming less keen.) Will be seeing it again no doubt giving the cinema pass and our love for the star wars universe.

I have not gone to the pool today - instead I lay on my couch and read and binged my way through Gold Digger on iPlayer (again I liked the end contrary to the rest of the internet.)

I've gotten bad about logging my food on here so today I've had a no added sugar chocolate bar, a Suzero snack bar (4.4 g of carbs) and some pork scratchings. so while on plan I am in the full Christmas tradition of being ridiculous. planning on doing chicken thighs and veg for tea.

I'll message you now but yes it will!

Hi Snowy, ive only just found your thread now and read my way through it, very interesting reading. Will be folloqing you eagerly.

Welcome Tip - it's been a bit sparse lately. Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas - my plans have not gone as i wanted but it hasn't been a complete failure - my father in law was hospitalised on Sunday and has been in over Christmas (fluid on the lungs and severe anemia) - they should be letting him out tomorrow though and Today my mother was admitted with a severe chest infection - she has had a number of health problems over the last couple of years including having her spleen removed and so any infection is a bit more serious - it seems to have come on overnight though as she was fine yesterday.

Anyway - this had led to me not going near the pool and also while my meals have been low carb (except for Christmas day) i've been tempted by christmas chocolates - though they are nearly all gone (or only ones i don't like left so back on it from now on!

Im sorry to hear that, illness over xmas always seems worse. We have a house full of chocolate too. I might hide some for lean days in Feb when everyone is craving some.

Oh hun I'm so sorry to hear about your family, hope they both make a quick recovery!

I won't head over your way for a little while, I'm sure you've got more than enough on your plate, so to speak.

Well done on getting back on plan xx

FIL got out of the hospital for New Year but my mum is still in - she has pneumonia and even if not she has to be on IV antibiotics. I'm in her bad books because i didn't ring her at midnight on new years (It was about 10 past because i rang my dad and sister first and checked with them she was awake - and when i did ring i got told off as i would be waking up the other people on the ward. I've had an odd couple of days - not really low carb but not mental - I think with being in the house not doing anything I've not been that hungry and so I've been doing OMAD - but New Year I did have party food and carbs while staying in - I'm eating the remainder of this today and from tomorrow I'm back on sticking to low carb and tracking everything on myp again. I might weigh tomorrow as well and see the damage I've done (get it over with)

Weighed this morning and 6lbs on - just realised i never mentioned my last weigh in on here - just in the December keto thread - I got down to 26st 7lbs just before Xmas and weighed in this morning at 26st 13lbs - Very pleased to not have gone over the stone bracket and still have lost more than two stone on keto. I started the year at 29st 12lb and was 29st 2lb when i started Keto - so nearly 3 stone lower than i started 2019 and kept my 2 stone loss on keto. My goal for Jan is too get that 6lbs off and if I got another 2lb that would be 3 and a half stone.

Today I'm having a lot of fat to try and kick start ketosis

B: Creamy coffee and some home made chocolates (fat bombs)

L: Cheese and chorizo crisps with avacado

D: Not sure yet!

Oh don't worry about your ma, she's feeling rotten and probably not herself. And you did ring her! :)

Like the annual stats, you will do this hun - plus I have the goodies to give you tomorrow, magic weight loss goodies LOL.

Well today was a nice day - sorry if I came across a weirdo in IKEA Suzi - I didn't trust myself not to buy meatballs and chips if i went to get a drink as i love ikea meatballs - (ikea meatballs are not that bad but chips are obviously not KETO approved)

B: IF
L: Almond crackers, brie and cranberry bites with almond pastry, cheese butter and pate and cranberry sauce (homemade no sugar)

1578079537983.png

D: Not sure yet - might just take some caramelised nuts and cooked chicken to the cinema as off to see Star Wars again later.

That almond pastry looks good. Have you shared the recipe with us?

sorry if I came across a weirdo in IKEA Suzi - I didn't trust myself not to buy meatballs and chips if i went to get a drink as i love ikea meatballs - (ikea meatballs are not that bad but chips are obviously not KETO approved)

LOL don't be daft sweetie, I thought you were lovely - it's always a bit strange chatting online then meeting for the first time. The first of many meet ups! I just found some psyllium husk in the cupboard so you can have that next time :).

And yum on the pastry front, looks amazing!

I read a couple of almond pastry recipes online and then went rogue and combined a couple of them - anyway I used 200g almond flour with two eggs, a splash of cider vinegar and a load of flavourings (onion powder, mixed herbs, salt and pepper) this made enough pastry for 6 of the bites and then i rolled the remaining pastry thinner and that made the crackers - stuck it all in the oven for about 10 mins on gas mark 6

Today my latest gadget arrived - I got a waffle maker for christmas but it was broken and the replacement waffle maker arrived today.

So I had breakfast for once as I wanted to try it immediately. I made an almond flour waffle (30g almond flour, 50ml cream, 1 egg) which I had with zero maple syrup, then i had the same for lunch with sausage patties from aldi (these taste like the ones from mcdonalds muffins and are v low carb (1-2g per pattie I love them) Breakfast waffle pictured below. Might have waffle for tea the rate I'm going and make a chaffle one to see how that goes and have it with bacon.

1578159842030.png

Crikey! I'm going to have to look up almond flour. Good one :)

LOL don't be daft sweetie, I thought you were lovely - it's always a bit strange chatting online then meeting for the first time. The first of many meet ups! I just found some psyllium husk in the cupboard so you can have that next time :).

Yes definitely - as I said I'll come your way next time!

Psyllium husk is something I haven't tried yet so I'll have to look up some recipes, the pastry looks good and was nice but was not as good at fat head (my new threshold as that's soo like the real thing :)

Crikey! I'm going to have to look up almond flour. Good one :)
I use it a lot - supermarkets do ground almonds which you can use as flour and is easier to get than the finer ground stuff so I use that unless the recipe specifically says that ground won't work and it should be the super fine stuff.

Yesterday's food
L: 2 aldi cheese quarter pounders (1.4g of carbs each) cheese, no sugar ketchup
D: minced beef, roasted brocolli and roaster butternut squash

S: yogurt, flaked almonds, raspberries, nick's chocolate bar,

Weighed this morning - 2lbs off! so pleased to make a good dint in the Xmas gain.

Today's food plans
L: Waffle and sausage pattie
D: Chicken thighs, sausage meat stuffing and roasted veg

Im going to look in lidl or aldi for a waffle maker, they have them a few times a year. I havent seen sausage pattirs in our local aldi

B & M or Home bargains often have mini waffle makers in apparently if that's any use to you?

The patties are frozen so not with the other sausages - this reddit thread has a picture
I have always liked them so I was excited to learn they are low carb!

Back