So who has a claim to fame??

Oh yes, Lee was the darked haired drummer, he was my fave too! Saw him a few years ago at a gig, and he's still lovely! He's my "friend" on Facebook too!:)

Oh wow how is he your friend? Now i want to be your friend so I am his friend by defualt lmao

That is soooooo cool!
x

you girls make me laugh! haha! `

my hubby's great grandad was engaged to agatha christie when he bought a treasure map at auction and decided, along with his best mate, that going to india to find this treasure would be a good idea. agatha told him that their relationship was over if he went, so he off he went and by the time he returned (treasure-less!), she was married to someone else hehehe!
also, another of hubby's ancestors was the captain of the first british submarine to cross the atlantic.

I once told Peter Crouch that he was wearing a terrible jacket. I didnt know who he was, and I was on a drunken hen night, and he was stood in the centre of Liverpool surrounded by fanboys. I decided I was the fashion police and he needed a warning so I said "Excuse me, I am duty bound to inform you that you are wearing an absolutely TERRIBLE jacket" (it was cream linen and crushed to bits) and all his fanboys started going "Eh, love, do you know oo you are talking to?" and I was all "No?" "Dats Peter Crouch Dat is" and I said "who the **** is Peter Crouch?" and was promptly dragged away by my mates before I got lynched.

When I got up the next day I googled him and found he had been playing in his first England match that day and was out celebrating. Oops.

I also inspired and started a website a few years back now called 1000 People More Annoying Than Mick Hucknall. It is long dead and buried but in its time managed to either amuse or offend a great deal of celebrities, and my own personal highlight (other than the threats of legal action from Duncan James and Russell Grant) was when Bob Carolgees stated that finding himself on the list was his personal career low.

Other more minor celebrity claims include my nursery school teacher (who is an old college friend of my mother) going on to become Dee Dee Dixon in Brookside, chasing the guy who played Mick Johnson in Brookside down the road for no good reason at all other than I thought it was funny, and being pictured on the front page of the local press when I was 14 with the headline "Saucy Badge Makes Prince Blush". The actual story behind that is not nearly as interesting as the headline, but basically Prince Edward came to a local youth project that we were having a massive outdoor activity day at and I was volunteering at. Some wag had thought it funny that the person on badge making duty should be churning out badges that said "I did it in the park with Prince Edward".

Disappointingly, I never actually met him, I was on a teabreak when he toured our activities, and just happened to get seconded to do the press on it.

I once told Peter Crouch that he was wearing a terrible jacket. I didnt know who he was, and I was on a drunken hen night, and he was stood in the centre of Liverpool surrounded by fanboys. I decided I was the fashion police and he needed a warning so I said "Excuse me, I am duty bound to inform you that you are wearing an absolutely TERRIBLE jacket" (it was cream linen and crushed to bits) and all his fanboys started going "Eh, love, do you know oo you are talking to?" and I was all "No?" "Dats Peter Crouch Dat is" and I said "who the **** is Peter Crouch?" and was promptly dragged away by my mates before I got lynched.

When I got up the next day I googled him and found he had been playing in his first England match that day and was out celebrating. Oops.

I also inspired and started a website a few years back now called 1000 People More Annoying Than Mick Hucknall. It is long dead and buried but in its time managed to either amuse or offend a great deal of celebrities, and my own personal highlight (other than the threats of legal action from Duncan James and Russell Grant) was when Bob Carolgees stated that finding himself on the list was his personal career low.

Other more minor celebrity claims include my nursery school teacher (who is an old college friend of my mother) going on to become Dee Dee Dixon in Brookside, chasing the guy who played Mick Johnson in Brookside down the road for no good reason at all other than I thought it was funny, and being pictured on the front page of the local press when I was 14 with the headline "Saucy Badge Makes Prince Blush". The actual story behind that is not nearly as interesting as the headline, but basically Prince Edward came to a local youth project that we were having a massive outdoor activity day at and I was volunteering at. Some wag had thought it funny that the person on badge making duty should be churning out badges that said "I did it in the park with Prince Edward".

Disappointingly, I never actually met him, I was on a teabreak when he toured our activities, and just happened to get seconded to do the press on it.

That is sooo funny about Mick Hucknall, I'd have joined! And Duncan James - tut tut! Maybe it wasn't just me and Elle the other weekend then, maybe he's an arse ALL the time!!!

Love the Crouchy story! Famous or not, some people just need to be told!! :8855:

my hubby's great grandad was engaged to agatha christie when he bought a treasure map at auction and decided, along with his best mate, that going to india to find this treasure would be a good idea. agatha told him that their relationship was over if he went, so he off he went and by the time he returned (treasure-less!), she was married to someone else hehehe!
also, another of hubby's ancestors was the captain of the first british submarine to cross the atlantic.

What a fantastic story with Agatha Christie! I love it!! My uncle used to go to school with Phil Collins and my mum told Phil off for picking on my uncle! Ha ha! My mum also used to cut Daniel Day Lewis and his families hair, and said he was such a brat! :8855:

I once served Jason Orange to 4 cans of Budweiser when I worked for Threshers, I also served Graeme Souness & Gary Davies (from Radio 1 - anyone remember him), I had no idea who Jason Orange was though when I served him, I felt a bit silly afterwards.

Oh and I once kissed Rolph Harris while wearing a false Rolph Harris beard and moustache.....

claireybella i bet holding sharp instruments while standing behind a bratty daniel day lewis was tempting!!

julie, that rolf harris story is probably one of the most random celeb moments i've ever heard! lol

I once nearly KO Dave Lee Travis lol Opened the car door and nearly knocked him into next week

I remember Gary Davies, seen many a road show with him in charge

I don't know any famous people. The closest I've come to meeting one was when I was in a restaurant with DH and he said, oh wow that's Anna Friel in the next table. To which I replied, who...? :confused:

My brother got married again recently and they went to London for a short break and a bit of a honeymoon.

Staying in their hotel was Joan Collins and christopher biggins when they found out they had just got married they invited them to have lunch with them. :eek:

I hear about this everytime I see them now :D (my brother that is)

My brother got married again recently and they went to London for a short break and a bit of a honeymoon.

Staying in their hotel was Joan Collins and christopher biggins when they found out they had just got married they invited them to have lunch with them. :eek:

I hear about this everytime I see them now :D (my brother that is)

lol love it! I hate CB but totally adore Joan Collins so that is fab in my eyes

x

Back