Sparkles Diary - Back

Well just got back in - had a fantastic time. Went out for an Italian with my friend/colleague and the staff were lovely, really make an effort to make you feel special - knowing and using your name etc.

Went to a bar for a drink, and then moved on to another one where a guy I used to like was back from holiday - he comes across as a miserable so and so though (I've seen him singing in local pubs and he seemed to have a personality) the other guy who sings with him is lovely though - so have met my new target! lol

Then went on to the local where my friends parents and autn and her new fella were. And I know the landlady. Had an absolutely fantastic time! Just left there. It was the first time in a while that I could be myself (a bit loud and crude sometimes - although not so crude that it makes you cringe, honest) and they all liked me and said I had to come out again! YAY ME! So I'm feeling more positive about myself - I usually feel as though I have to be someone different in company, and I do usually adapt to how I think others want me to behave, but tonight - although I may have worried the bar man (towards the end I was getting my own drinks and trying to work the till with the aunts new bf - very amusing for us, very scary for sober barman! lol) I had fun.

We don't have visitors tomorrow so I think I shall be back on the plan. I definately need to get back on it, losing weight builds my confidence so much!! Barlady hasn't seen me for just over a year, and she comented on my weight loss. Apparently her fella (the barman) asked her who she was talking to, and when she said me he said "She's looking a lot thinner!" and she said "Yeah she's lost a lot of weight!" definately made me feel better!

So not only do I feel better about myself physically I also feel better personality wise!

Heading to bed now... Don't know if I'll be on tomorrow - will try, but after 10 JD and Diet Cokes I may be a little worse for wear! lol

Night!

Okay, so I got weighed this morning.... And I've only put on 3lbs in the last week and a half!! That's with me:

• coming off the plan and comfort eating last Friday (not the Friday just gone the one before that);
  • going to a 60th Wedding Anniversay and eating a lot at a buffet on the Saturday;
  • having the happy couple round ours and eating a lot at the buffet we put on on the Sunday;
  • Not bothering to stick to the plan on the Monday;
  • Staying in a hotel and so eating out for every meal on the Tuesday;
  • Again, staying in hotel so eating out, and going out drinking a lot on the Wednesday;
  • Eating out for breakfast and lunch on the Thursday, and then just grabbing whatever I could for dinner when I finally got home on the Thursday evening;
  • Not sticking to the plan and having a Pizza Express pizza (bought from Sainsburys) and dough balls on the Friday;
  • Going out for a 3 course Italian yesterday and then drinking tons last night!
I was expecting to put on at least half a stone! So I'm actually impressed with what I've done!

Feeling pretty motivated about getting back on WW, and have a plan. I'm going to try and stop snacking all together - just have 3 meals a day, and supper. I'm going to try and cut down on all the biscuits and cakes I have after meals as 'desserts'. Go back to my apple and cinnamon after dinner, that's lovely, hardly any points and a lot more filling then anything else.

Then I'm going to save points during the week, even if it's only 2 a day, to go towards a meal out, or a trip to the cinema, or even a night round the local pub.

I can lose weight and still have a life, and I'm determined to do that! I'm back on the wagon ladies! :D

lol - Heads not too bad thanks!! Even though I had 10 JD and Diet Cokes! I was quite shocked, I was only really tipsy on that and not drunk. Although my friend did point out that it was spread out over 7 hours, and we did have a 3 course Italian!

I had a lovely dream last night, gorgeous bloke who could sing was interested in me! I keep dreaming about people I've never met, I wonder who they are!!! lol

yeah guess you'd better......... I met my DH walking our dog when i was 17 . been together 15 years this year

As you can see I've added another tracker - just for the last 38lbs!

I don't know why, but even though I've already lost over 60lbs, seeing how far I've come makes the journey still seem insurmountable! Yes I've lost 62.5lbs, but I've still got 38lbs to go and the way I'm looking at things it feels like I've still got 100lbs to lose. Does that make any sense?

So I've decided to have a 'smaller' tracker. I'm still going to keep the old one up because I've acheived an awful lot, but I feel more capable of losing 38lbs then 100lbs.

This really isn't making any sense, I know. Lets just say, I know that it's difficult to lose weight, whether you have 10lbs to lose, 100lbs, or 200lbs!

Look at it like a mountain - I'm nearly two thirds of the way up this huge mountain... but I'm tired - I'm exhausted. I just want to set up camp and stay in this lovely little cave I've found.

Whereas if I look at it as though I've just started, and it's a little hill - It's so much easier to stay motivated, still bloody hard work - but I can actually envision myself getting to the top!

You're probably all sitting there thinking (knowing?) that I've lost it! Lol But I just wanted to explain why I have two trackers now. :D

You did well only gaining 3lbs with the week youve had ;) Mind you maybe the *ahem* exercise mid week helped burn off some :whistle:

Your second tracker makes perfect sense I think for a lot of us looking at the final goal would be totally demoralising.

Im SO glad youre back on the wagon ;)

Hi Sparkle
You have done very well losing 62.5 pounds glad you have got back on track. I know it does take time to lose weight cant expect to lose big amounts every week we can have little gains or stayed the same if you lose big amounts every week you can put it on easily and not healthy to lose big amounts every week too they say you should only lose between 1 and 2lbs a week thats what ww say
Any way good luck sparkle

Yay people understand me! lol

Thanks for the support ladies. Yes Starlight, maybe the *ahem* exercise did help!

I completely understand what you're saying Bethany, although I have to admit when I do stick to the plan I can lose anywhere between 2 and 4 pounds a week constantly. I just need to stick to it, and now I'm back on track I'm looking forward to a fantastic weight loss next week.

Hi Sparkle
it is just sticking to the plan as ive been of for a few days and not counted any points. Hope you have a good weight loss next week

You're right Bethany, it's just about sticking to the plan isn't it? Not always easy as most of us know but well worth it in the end:D

It takes time to find your own way to do this sometimes, I know myself but I just keep focused and thinking that if I don't ever give in then I will get there in the end:)

Well my motivation is wavering... As you know I'm looking at getting a breast uplift when I've lost the weight, unfotunately I'm terrible at saving, and at approximately £4500, I was hoping to get a loan.

However, due to going bankrupt over two years ago I have just been advised that I have no chance of getting a loan. Apparently if I were a home owner and it was over 5 years ago then there would be hope, but as I'm not there isn't any!

I was hoping/praying/wishing that I would lose this weight and be able to get this done by Christmas - no hope there, the earliest I will be able to afford it is June next year, and that's only if I scrimp and save.

Almost makes me feel like there's no point rushing to lose weight But at the same time I know I'll be happier slim with horrible breasts then fat with them. I hate this. Could some please give me a kick up the bum and put a positive spin on this? (No they won't go back to normal once I've lost the weight, too much ligament damage. And no I can't get it done on the NHS, have already tried).

Awwww Sparkle sorry to hear that.

Would you not possibly qualify on the NHS once youve lost weight. Id keep trying with them. My sister in law got a breast reduction a few years ago, had to fight for it as Emma was just a baby and they were concerned that my SIL would regret it if she had another baby. She persevered and got it

Dont let it knock your momentum for your diet tho *HUGS*

awww sorry you're feeling down sparkle :(

you need to go into the drs and try again, go in crying to them literally about how much its affecting you etc. thats what my auntie did after being refused and she got one!

hope you feel better soon xxx

I think I'll wait until I've got a bit more weight off. The thing is, contrary to what happened the other night I'm so unconfident about being with someone that I wasn't een going to consider if until I'd had the op. As it is I never once took my bra off! (Possibly too much information, sorry). But it's still something that has held me back an incredible amount.

:sigh: I'll have another go at the doctors in July - by that time I should have most of it off! :) Thanks guys. xx

Back