Speed Food Challenge

Mabe it is because speed foods on the whole contain a lot of water...Or that they are fantabulous and eat our fat lol (we can dream lol)

How did you find fast forward??

I had assumed it was the water content lol

Fast forward was very effective for me, but it took a lot of planning (and a lot of shopping!!). I was never hungry, but the food was 'boring' and not what I would normally choose to eat. I was *delighted* to get back the the 'normal' plan of Red and Green :rolleyes:

Put it like this - after a week on holiday (eating off plan etc), I may do 2 days of it again - almost like a fast, focussed detox, but I wouldn't do a week of it again, and nothing could make me do a fortnight <shudder>

lol....I will file ff in my brain as a serious last resort lol

I am doing my last EE today then back to the usual til weigh in on Tues.

Todays speedy foods are:

strawbs
lettuce
cottage cheese
green beans
mini whole baby corn
strawbs again

We should all be in for some super duper weightlosses this week!

Lets hope so!

Today's speedy foods:

strawberries
pear
lentils
onion
salad - toms, cue and lettuce
chicken
peas
carrots
pineapple
kiwi

Not so good today so far:
1. Cottage Cheese
2. Blackberries

Cottage cheese isn't a speed food unfortunately.... but use it as quiche and fill with speed foods :)

Ok il give this a go, hopefully il see some good results next monday-
right so far today i have had
1, raspberrys SS
2, strawberrys SS
3, baked beans SS
will be having these with my tea.
4, petits pois SS
5, chillis S
7, more strawberrys and raspberrys SS

Last edited:
can anyone please explain to me why on earth tinned grapfruit (in it's own juice) would be synned? It's easier to serve from the tin (saves the fiddle) so it annoys me that it's synned! It's a speed food (or even super speed??) so I was just keen to eat more of it!

I always wonder about that! It is very strange. Because if I cut up my own grapefruit and squeeze some juice over it....it would be syn free....I do wonder why too...???

Despite losing the plot last night, and having a hangover for most of the morning :rolleyes: I have kept up with the speed food challenge. Weigh in is tuesday, so I hope that speedy foods willl have balanced my naughty behaviour last night.

Today I have had
strawberries,
blackberries
tomato
baked beans
asparagus

I always wonder about that! It is very strange. Because if I cut up my own grapefruit and squeeze some juice over it....it would be syn free....I do wonder why too...???

not that the juice would be syn free of course ;)

I suspect the syns come from the processed nature of the food. Maybe the processing concentrates the sugars or something, dunno, but again, perhaps it comes down to - I would eat 1/2 a grapefruit, but if it was in tinned form, maybe I would eat more - lots more <shrugs - dunno>

actually, you know what - I don't think anyone got fat from eating too much tinned grapefruit - i guess if you eat it 'within reason' it shouldn't harm your weight loss ...

Speed foods for today have been:-

Tuna S
Cherry tomatoes S
Tinned tomatoes S
Onions S
Swede S
Carrots S
Chillies S
Strawberries SS

Last edited:
not that the juice would be syn free of course ;)

I suspect the syns come from the processed nature of the food. Maybe the processing concentrates the sugars or something, dunno, but again, perhaps it comes down to - I would eat 1/2 a grapefruit, but if it was in tinned form, maybe I would eat more - lots more <shrugs - dunno>

actually, you know what - I don't think anyone got fat from eating too much tinned grapefruit - i guess if you eat it 'within reason' it shouldn't harm your weight loss ...

I meant squeeze the juice from the grapefruit....not grapefruit juice in a carton. To me, thats the same as biting into a garpefruit. You get the juice and everything else lol

Anyway

Speed food:
Mushrooms
Spinach (of course)
Carrots
Cabbage
Beansprouts
Orange
Onion

W.I tomorrow! We should get some speed food challenge results this week :)

I like the sound of this challenge... however we have 'end of month' finances so I will have to start my speed food challenge next week after payday!

Today I have done terribly - only had an apple ! Got grapes and a stir fry later though so that should help. I'm not well atm so fruit is the last thing I fancy. Just want stodge, but trying to resist.

Yesterday I had chicken for lunch with a mango, pineapple, apple and grape fruit salad, and broccoli with my dinner.

Now, just need to find ways to sneak spinach into meals without OH noticing. Any ideas ?

My signature says it all for me :(

Going to go back to week one on plan with the speed food challenge. I need to stop picking at things and pretending I havent.

Wish me luck ladies:

Speed foods today:
Chicken
Tomatoes
Onion
Cabbage
Spinach

Are kidney beans a speed food?

Off to be depressed again now x

kidney beans ARE a speed food -

oh hun - sending VERY big hugs in your direction -poor you ... Could it be aunt flo, or something else conspiring against you? You had a brill week on the speed foods this week - have you thought about keeping a written diary (in your pocket or handbag) and writing down *everything* that passes your lips just for one week?

of course I am wishing you luck for next week - I'll be here doing it again :rolleyes:

My signature says it all for me :(

Going to go back to week one on plan with the speed food challenge. I need to stop picking at things and pretending I havent.

Wish me luck ladies:

Speed foods today:
Chicken
Tomatoes
Onion
Cabbage
Spinach

Are kidney beans a speed food?

Off to be depressed again now x

Have you tried doing the SAS log to see where or why it is your falling down and picking?

Of course we all do it occassionally but if you feel like this is a recurring problem for you maybe it would be worth while doing one of those sas thingies.

My speed foods for today

Chicken S
Peppers S
Cherry toms S
Onions S
Chicken again S
tinned toms S
petit pois SS
Apple S

Back