Speed Food Challenge

*angie*

loves food and cooking
Hiya

I have decided that this is the week I will lose weight, and head back towards the centre of my target range (rather than drifting near the top!).

To focus my mind, and get reading that book again, this week I will aim to have 5 speed foods every day. Starting *now* :eek:

So today I have had:

Blackberries SS
chillis S
onion S
tomatoes S

and will have:
red onion S
medlar S
apple S
more blackberries SS

Anyone care to join me??! :rolleyes:

I'll give it a bash, too. Got a new kitchen being started on Monday though, so I think the next week or so will be a write-off. I'll be on couscous and salad for a fortnight -oh, OK, salad! lol duh!

Today
1. Cottage Cheese
2. Mushrooms
3. Blackberries

Last edited:
i will join if you dont mind but i will need to read the book again to find what they all are

karen

Lol! Yes, I am having to read it to - can't be a bad thing though :)

Today I've had....

2 portions of toms
2 portions of onions

So 4 portions over all.

Great lists everyone - niknaks - you certainly are going to do well on this lol!!

Is everyone else having to look this info up, or is it just me who doesn't 'know' this stuff!?

Hi!!

This is also my plan until W.I monday, as I have been picking again. So, going to Asda tomorrow to buy speed foods. I will let you all know which ones tomorrow. 2 weeks ago, when I had spinach everyday I lost 5lb....so a few bags of spinach for a start lol

Today ive had
Strawberries
Lettuce
Cucumber
Tomatoes
Spring Onion
Mushrooms
Clementines
Tuna canned(speed apparently!!)

I noticed the tuna too, I hadn't realised. I will be eating more tuna from now one...lol.

Hi!!

This is also my plan until W.I monday, as I have been picking again. So, going to Asda tomorrow to buy speed foods. I will let you all know which ones tomorrow. 2 weeks ago, when I had spinach everyday I lost 5lb....so a few bags of spinach for a start lol

Shall we just call you Popeye from now on then? ;)

Great idea Angie!!

My consultant always says we often forget the speed foods which make up the bulk of a meal, rather than the additional things like fruit and veg - so fish, chicken, turkey, quorn, beans, baked beans, mushy peas etc

As well as all the fruit and veg!!!

I'm not doing so well, I've had a banana so far but am having beans in my soup for lunch and chicken for tea.

What a good thread... it makes us stop and remember it's not just about eating free food, but also that we're supposed to eat a good portion of speed foods as well! It's easy to forget that!

My list for today:
Mango (HH)
Watermelon (S/HH)
Courgettes (HH/S)
Curly Kale (HH/S/C/F)
Apple (HH/S)

Well, that'll do for a start! ;)

Ooh I love the speed food challenge! I try to do it every week :)

Today I am having:
Pepper - s
Onion - s
Courgette - s
Butternut squash - s
Carrot - s
Melon - ss
Pineapple - s
Quorn - s

Shall we just call you Popeye from now on then? ;)

Yeah lol...I have bought more today!lol

Today I went to Asda. I bought loads of:

Spinach (but not 'Olive Oil' lol...lame I know, don't throw eggs at me lol)
Cherry Tomatoes
Strawberries
Curly Kale
Grated Carrot
Bean sprout stir fry
Mushrooms
Red Onion
Cooking Onion
Peppers

And chicken, for Original days!

I like this Speed food challenge :) I need it, as I put on 1lb, had a fed up blow out Monday and picked yesterday. My next W.I is Monday....so hope if I speed myself up with speed foods I should be ok :)

Today I have had:

1. blackberries ss
2. strawberries ss
3. raspberries ss
4. lettuce s
5. cuumber s

later i am planning to have

6. lentils s
7. blackberries ss
8. apples s

marvellous :D

ok, I am doing Extra Easy for first time today, speed foods today are:

kiwi-speed
apples x 2-speed
lettuce-speed
cuecumber-speed
tomatoes-speed
beetroot-speed
melon-super speed
prawns-speed
baby whole sweetcorn-speed
asparagus-speed
chicken-speed

wow, thats quite a speedy list, maybe thats not right with EE????

That's great with EE princess sausage - on EE you are (ideally) aiming for 1/3 of your food to be superfree to increase your weight loss, and speed foods will only help further!

Back