STARTING CD TODAY.. Arghhhh...

Thanks again Girls for your messages.

Things are getting quite tough at this end, its getting so upsetting every time we see her, I had to walk out of the room on Saturday as I didn't want me nana to see me crying. :cry:

She drank lots of water on Saturday (about half a cup full) but yesterday she was hardly drinking anything, she hasn't had anything else to eat apart from the ice cream & yoghurt I told you about a few days ago.
It looks as though she is losing weight everyday, although she has hardly no excess weight to lose now, I suppose its like her being on SS but without the packs & we all know how much weight you can lose on a vlcd....

Me nana is very independent & says exactly whats on her mind, which is what I love about her, No holding back.
At the beginning of the week when I tried to hold her hand, she would tell me to 'get off' but on Saturday I saw a different side of her, thats partly why I got upset, she was reaching out to me to hold her hand & she said to me ' I'm frightened' which broke my heart.
She says all the time 'Help me' & 'I want to go home'..
She was shouting yesterday but I think its frustration more than anything, me nan mumbles quite alot, its quite like baby talk as we cant understand a thing she says, but then says something totally unexpected.
Over the weekend she has shouted for her mam quite alot & has also been crying with the pain which is awful to see as we cant do anything to help her.

Alot of the family have said they cant bare to visit it her as its too upsetting to see her like she is & they want to remember her as she used to be if anything happens, but as I see it I know she hasnt got long to live but I wanna make as long as she has got the best I can make it, Everyday I see her I try to get her talking as I know her brain is still active then & talking to her takes her mind of the pain she is going through, I dont mind when she shouts at me or tells me to bugger off, I prefer it when she is like that, at least I know she is still fighting although I do love it when she lets me hold her hand but when she lets me do that I know she isnt to good as she hates to be touched, maybe coz she is so fragile & the slightest touch she does jump, I think the duvet could be too heavy for her she is that skinny, I joked to her yesterday that she could be a size zero model, she replied 'ok'... lol.

She keeps pretending to eat, but she honestly thinks she is eating, has anyone ever known of that before??
Maybe as she hasn't eaten for a while now she is imaging it,
she was 'eating' & I asked her what she was eating & she said 'bread' I asked if it was nice & she said 'it was lovely'.. BIZARRE....

It looks as though she is going downhill pretty fast now, as yesterday she couldnt be bothered at all, she couldnt say full sentences that made any sense, just a few words.
I do believe there is some kind of afterlife waiting for us all as me nana keeps staring wide eyed at the ceiling which freaks us all out & asking 'who's that'...
She also shouts 'bloody bugger, go away' but she is looking at the ceiling or the corner of the room when she says it.
A few times she has asked her mam to 'take her' but when you ask where her mam is she says she is at the shops.
Maybe its her mam she can see, we'll never know..

I welled up when I asked her 'If you could have 1 wish what would it be' & she replied 'me'.. Awwww..

I have took a few pictures of her yesterday with me, she doesnt smile for pictures just stares, as soon as I get them downloaded I will put one up on my thread, at least when I talk about my nana you will know what she looks like.

Everyday my nana makes me cry with laughter & cry with sadness but either way I am just happy she is still here..

Well off for the 1st visit of the day, thanks for listening...

Hugs

Kel
;)

Hello darling

My darling Kelly.......

I know so much about what you are going through.

Its breaks my heart everytime I go and see my nan..apart from being younger it seems as though they are both at a similar stage. I look at my nans hands and remember that shes the same lady/person that we used to go and stay with as kids and the same person that has knitted a million and one balnkets/cardigans for all us and our children too. Shes the same person that would never sit down and was always busy doing something or shopping for all her old ladies.

Its so hard to see someone like this.(this is where I get emotional.....why is it that we are able to put animals down when they get old and confused and are just exhisting.and yet people, who at the end of the day are worth more than an animal any day of the week.....have to suffer and fight till the very end!)

My nan died as a person a few yrs ago, everyday she is fed, watered changed bathed etc etc....thats no life in my opinion!! As much as it sounds harsh, as a family we have all agreed it would have been better for her to 'go' before she got like this, so was always adamant she wouldnt go into a home and end up like she is...which is why its hard seeing her there.

Anyway honey......text me email me call me if you need to chat.

thinking of all of you babe, keep us informed and updated in the situatuion.

Hugs to all of you, she will find peace eventually babe.

love louise X

Thinking of you, Kelly <hugs>

Amy

A very touching post Kelly - God Bless your Nan - and that she finds the peace and courage to let herself go to the next life with her "Mam"
My Mum in Law passed away on 21st December - we were with her - she was frightend at first but she almost relaxed and became so peaceful at the end that if you could say death was beautiful, then that is how I would have described it.
The pain went, she became so peaceful and slipped away.
I hope that if it is your nans time to go, that you can be with her and see her at peace.
God Bless

I hope you take this the right way, but I hope she finds peace soon, and go to a place where she is no longer in pain. I know you don't want her to go (no-body does) but is this us being selfish, wanting more time... there never is enough time...

I never got to know my grandparents at all as 3 of them died when I was really young and my grandfather that was left had arguements with my dad, so never really had anything to do with us... but I do miss not having that relationship with any of them...

My thoughts are with you...x

Hi Kelly,

What can I say but it is heart breaking watching someone you love slip away.

My mother could no longer smoke which she loved doing but as she did not have a the lung capacity left to have even a drag of a ciggie. But she acted-out smoking with all the hand movements, bringing the imaginary cigarette up to her mouth and I asked her was she enjoying her fag as she called it and she said she was.

I can fully understand that your nana can make you laugh and cry in these last few days as my mother was the very same.

Thanks for sharing your nana with us, she comes across as one very special lady and so do you Kelly.

Love Mini xxx

Hi Keely ,I have lost all my grandparents and saw them all go down hill and I know how heartbreaking it is. You need to do whatevers right for you at the moment, whether that means sticking to Cd or breaking it,it'll still be their when you want it. Look after yourself and take care, posting your journey with your nana is probably helping you, so you carry on,
Nikki x

Thanks Girls, I have to say I do find some kind of comfort coming on here & sharing my days with my nan with you all.
I know most of you at some time have lost a grandparent or seen a loved one 'go downhill', so I know I can count on you all just to get it off my chest. I have to also say for all off off you who have recently lost a loved one, my heart goes out to you as I didnt realise how hard this was going to be. :(

I have just came back half an hour ago from seeing my nan again & I dont honestly know how much fight she has left in her, I left totally breaking my heart, she is that tired she nods or shakes her head for yes & no, this afternoon when I went her speech had gone but she slept most of the time, with the odd shouting as she does.
She started shouting things at the ceiling, I asked her 'is there someone watching over you nana' to which she replied 'all the time' as clear as day.
I do believe her mam is in the room, she calls out for her all the time.

I went up tonight and 1 of the carer's said she has put a pain relief patch on her to try & make her more comfortable, also there is a team coming to see me nan.
I went with my cousin Kim, she was asleep & looked so peaceful, she looked gorgeous, I just wanted to touch & hold her, I think she knows my voice now & smell as she reached out for me again & let me hold her hand, I think as my hands were warm & her hands were freezing it was like a comfort to her. Her eyes are glazed over so not sure if she can see fully or not. I took a photo of her holding my hands & its a lush pic, I am gonna frame it as its such a touching photo.

The carer came in & I asked who is this team thats coming to see me nan, she whispered ' basically the end of life team' they come in to see if they can make me nan more comfortable during her last days. Nothing like being honest but I would rather her be honest, we know she hasnt long left & tonight she just didnt look right, its like her skin is changing a grey yellow colour. Ann (the carer) is probably the closest one to me nan, she has been great.

I asked me nan tonight if her mam was in the room with her and she said yes, then I asked does your mam want you to go with her, she said yes again, then I asked are you ready to go nan & she said no not yet. What a little fighter.. :cry:

Keith (OH) is going to a family funeral tomorrow, They werent very close as they only saw him at family get together's, which wasnt very often, I would of went but knowing what is happening to my nan right now I would of probably broke down in the church, they would of thought I wasnt right in the head considering I didnt really know denny who died..

I really hope my nana goes at peace in her sleep as I would hate to think she is awake shouting out & alone, as you said nadhak I really hope it happens when we are all around her..

Well thats me folks, have to go now as I am started to get upset again, emotions are a funny thing I thought I was quite strong at the weekend but as this draws closer I just have to think about me nan & I get upset..
I have sprayed some tan on my face tonight I will end up with 2 white streaks down my face in the morning I will look a complete doyle, lol....

Oh I got weighed this morning & I have put 2lb on & I know its down to not drinking hardly enough water as I normally do, its not as if I am eating loads too, lost my appetite. :(

Never mind, I have decided to start with my packs again on Wednesday (couldnt start on pancake day, lol) as I have noticed some go out of date the end of feb so better get them used..

Hugs to all that have taking the time to listen to me have a moan & get upset..
I appreciate all your comments and thoughtful well wishes..
Telling you all about my nan has helped me get through this, I think letting it all out helps me alot..

Many Hugs to you all....

Kel
;)

Hi Kelly, Reading your posts about your darling nan has me in tears. I sat with my mum for 12 days as she died last July. She was in an identical stage as your nan, even some of the things she said are the same, especially "I want to go home".
It was such a difficult thing to watch and something i dont think ill ever get over but would not change being with her for anything. You are doing everything you can to let her go in peace which is the best for her now. I wish you and your family strength for the sad time ahead. xx

Sounds like your nan is a right fighter.

My nan was very similar and used to come out with some classic quotes when she was in hospital most of them I couldn't repeat on here lol.

My nan didn't know us right at the end and that broke my heart but I just hoped that somewhere inside she would at least know that I was someone who loved her very much.

She passed away 10 years ago and I still miss her :cry:

Just sending (((HUGS))) to you and your family at this time. You have a strong nanna with a lot of character and it appears you are very like her.

thinking of you honey

sending you loads of love hugs and strength to get through this babe.

Thinking of you loads babe

hugs lou X;)

Me Nan was a fighter...

Me nana passed away at 5.20am this morning. :cry:

Seeing her the way she was yesterday I knew she wasn't going to last the way she was for much longer, she went from mumbling on Tuesday to not speaking at all yesterday, she just kept whimpering very quietly which was awful to see, the Doctor ended up putting 2 pain relief patches on her to try & make her feel more comfortable. It did help her but you could tell when she kept waking up that she was still in pain, she held my finger all afternoon yesterday & everytime I tried to pull away she wouldnt leave go...

I have to say my nana was such a fighter & fought till the end, but at least she is at peace now & she isn't suffering.
The night staff said there was someone with her when she died, which I am over the moon about as that was such a fear of mine, I wouldn't of wanted her to be alone when it happened.

Seeing her when I went this morning she looked so at peace, she was in the same position as I left her last night, I gave her a few kisses and wished her goodnight, bet she is playing hell with my granda in heaven now, lol...

I will visit her in the funeral home for my last goodbye..

I wanted to come on here just to try & occupy my mind, doing nothing makes me ponder, I cant stop getting upset, me poor nana (her daughter) is in bits..

Well thanks to you all who seemed to go through this journey with me, me nana had a fab life & never gave up fighting, at a grand age of 94, I will miss her tons.. ( here I go again with the bloody tears)..
I will miss her telling us all off, her mam must of thought it was time for her to meet her husband & brothers in Heaven & me nan finally gave in..

Rest In Peace Nana Bella, the angels will look after you now...

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Attachments

• Me & Little Nana.jpg
    Me & Little Nana.jpg
    344.2 KB · Views: 77
  • Not letting go...jpg
    Not letting go...jpg
    337.1 KB · Views: 58
Hiya Kelly,

Sending you huge hugs this morning and for the days to come.. Im so sorry to hear of the loss of your nana, and hope you find some solace in the memories, photo's and time you had together.

xxx

Hi I'm very sorry to hear about your Nan. I know I haven't said so until now. I HAVE been reading your posts and thinking of you though. Just wanted to send you my regards....

Tx

Back