Starting LL in April

Hi all,

I am due to start LL on Tuesday 17th. I can't wait - would also love to stick with you guys who are starting the same month - hopefully we can all support each other and have a giggle at the same time.

Anyway - thought I would say hi.

Laura:)

Hi Laura and Welcome to the forum :) Keep us posted on how you get on. This is the best place for support and inspiration. Make sure you check out the before and after photos thread if you haven't already, it always helps me in weak moments to stay on track.

Samantha

Its great to have the support from everyone here. I feel like my life is on hold just waiting (nervously) to see if I can start next week.

Can't wait to hear how everyones first days are going.

Keep us all posted with progress.

Hello fellow April starters - well I have just about survived the first day. I have had one or two hunger pangs and felt a bit light headed late afternoon but my 3rd pack did actually make me feel a bit better. The water is going down OK - I only have 1 litre left to drink today. I dread to think how many times I am going to have to get up to go to the loo tonight.
I have to say I am finding the soups really quite revolting. So far I have tried the Thai Chilli ( just about OK with a load of red tabasco) and the Chicken (which was horrible and the taste stayed with me all afternoon). I really hope the veg or mushroom ones are better. I think I will have a caramel pack tonight. I am currently waiting for hubby to get home and to start cooking his dinner, that will be a real test. I might have to make myself scarce whilst he does that.
Anyone else starting today?

Hello to all you april starters, and soon to be april starters :D

Wicked witch, well done, you're almost through day one. How about cooking a batch of dinners, maybe not for a few days, wait until you feel strong enough, then hubby can just take what he wants and reheat it??

Don't forget any flaours you dont like you can swap them at your pop in...

Keep shaking girlie :p

Hi

Hi,

I have just discovered this forum so thought I would say hello.

I am on the LL diet and have been since the end of January, this week my total loss so far reached 5 stone, about half of what I need to lose.

I have found the programme OK up until now but I must admit to getting a little bored with living on foodpacks and I am looking forward to the day when I can taste food again. Not that I am likely to crack or give up, on the contrary, I have come too far to quit now.

I am glad I have found this forum, I will drop in regularly for inspiration to help me reach my goal and hope to join in some of the discussion that takes place here.

Welcome to all you new starters. You've definitely made the right decision, I've never found a diet so easy to stick to, I've lost 15lbs in 2 weeks and am chuffed to bits. Just remember to keep drinking that water. It really helps with not feeling hungry and of course all those trips to the loo are more exercise!! ( your bladder does become used to it after a few days though!)

You've come to the right place too for support, we're all here to egg each other on if and when the going gets tough...

Good Luck xx

Hi Digger and welcome - have you tried making different things out of your packs such as crisps, stuffing, muffins etc?

5 stone since January is a brilliant loss, well done :)

Cath

Hi JDI
2nd day (yesterday ) started brilliantly. I weighed myself and I had lost 5lb - now I know that is just water but still it REALLY cheered me up. I also discovered "lattes" - a vanilla pack mixed with a teaspoon of coffee - yummy! I also think the caffeine helped me get through till lunchtime.
The afternoon was MUCH harder - only about 2pm I started having REAL hunger pangs (so obviously the ketosis hasn't started yet) and got really tired and cold. As if by telepathy my LLC called to see how I was doing - good service or what! She told me to go and have another pack straight away and try to have three before 4pm which was the worst time for me. Anyway - it sound bad written down but I knew it would get better - so stuck with it and by the time I had my 4th pack I was feeling good again.
Today (day3) I am back feeling really good again. Another 3lb loss, still a bit cold but I know I can do this. I am a bit nervous about the weekend. What am I going to do that doesn't involve eating and drinking alcohol - ohh well I guess that is something I need to deal with.
Anyway - sorry for rambling. I hope this is of some help to the other April starters.
Lxx

Hello again

Well today is my last day of eating normal food, I have my first session tomorrow so think I'm going to just have water in morning and then have a pack as soon as I get home instead of putting it off til Sunday.

I'm nervous but really ready to get started now. Been thinking about my last supper for ages now so I'm gonna enjoy it and draw a line under it that that is it with food for a while.

Hope every is well, I'll post tomorrow to say how my first session went

Jacksmummy (Vikki) x x
:grouphugg:

Hi there , Iwas going to join LL but it was to costly so went on CD 11/04/07 I'm finding it very hard 3 packs a day first day starving , second was feeling unwell and today well so far still hanging in there . This site helps loads

It's great to read all the posts from new LLers (and CDers). I remember back in August feeling the same as some of you. I've since lost over 100 lbs very successfully and am just about at the end of the Management programme - five days to go. My before and after pics are on the Gallery.

LL is the first weight loss programme I have ever been successful doing and I've done all of them over thirty years! I think it was a combination of (a) being removed from eating real food for a period of time which gave me breathing space to re-evaluate my out-of-control eating habits and (b)the cognitive behaviour analysis AND the transactional analysis which helped to show me my previous behaviours and give me the tools to resolve issues and 'fight back' against negative thoughts and behaviours.

It has been both the most difficult and the easiest programme I've ever done.

It took me six months to decide to do it, because I knew that it would work if I committed to it 100%. Anything less then 100% - forget it, don't bother. LL is not like any other diet - there are no grey areas - it is black and white: four packs a day, at least 4 litres of water NOTHING ELSE, for 100 days. The Management Programme was also important to me. I committed to doing that for a further 12 weeks. Why? Because I wanted to give myself the best chance of succeeding long term.

Here are some stats

Before LL I was 17.13 stone with body fat 49%

Now I am officially 10.6 stone with body fat 25%

Before BMI >40 After BMI <24

Was size 24 Now size 12

Before: miserable/depressed/desperate/lost
After: happy/confident/ambitious/found

If anyone wants advice before they start LL:-

Reduce the amount of carbs you eat in the days leading up to starting the programme and at athe same time up the amount of water you drink. It can reduce the side effects of headaches which can affect some people for the first few days.

When on the programme, eat all four packs every day. Drink four litres of water every day. I liked the sparkling water with a bit of flavouring added (LL does two flavours: I like the lemon one). Try the water hot with the flavouring added too. Don't include black coffee or black tea in the four litres of water - they are seperate.

Attend all the meetings and do the homework!

I look forward to hearing how you all get on during the next few months so don't forget to post your LL experiences, then other newbies can learn from YOU!:D

Good Luck
AmandaJayne

Thank you so much for that AJ - I needed reminding why I was doing this. I have had a terrrible night - row with Hubby and was sooo close to a glass of wine. But I know that is only harming me and it isn't going to "show him". I think I need to just go to bed.

Just got back to the introductory meeting. Thanks to everyone here I had so much more idea of what to expect.

I met someone who was planning on eating the packs and just drinking alcohol at weekends. I was pretty sure she'd got that really wrong!!

The race is on to actually get on the programme. There are only three places available on Wednesday, no more for two weeks, and the meeting was packed full. Yikes, hope the doctor signs my form tomorrow and I get one of those places cos I can't wait to get started.

Hi Just Do It

Really hope u get to start as soon as possible. I started yesterday and things seem to be going ok so far, keep thinking about food and what to have to lunch and dinner and then I remember it's gonna be a shake or a soup !! Doing well with my water I've impressed myself, I don't normally drink water. Going away tomorrow for 5 days to Lake District with my hubby and little boy so hoping I will be able to cope whilst we're away. Luckly my hubby has decided to eat more healthly so nothing too tempted will be within reach.

Keep me posted on how u get on and I'll catch up with things when I get back on friday.

JacksMummy x x
:devilangel:

Quote:"I met someone who was planning on eating the packs and just drinking alcohol at weekends. I was pretty sure she'd got that really wrong!!"

Just Do It, you will find once on the programme that other members of the group WILL eat or drink from time to time, and they'll seem to get away with it (still losing weight), but please, please don't YOU do it.

It just means that it will take LONGER to get your goal and make the whole thing so much more difficult. At £66 per week, you don't want that!

I hope you manage to get the form signed ok!

Jacksmummy, if you are going self-catering it will be much easier. Our family went to Mallorca for a week and I stayed on packs throughout. It can be done. Good luck!

Hello April Starters :wavey:

I've just gone onto day two of LL and thought I'd share my experience so far. Day one was ok, few hunger pangs which passed within a few minutes. Managed to get my four packs in along with 4-5 litres of water, I bought the LL flavourings which helped with this (really nice in fizzy water). I found all of the packs that I have tried fine apart from mushroom soup (yuk!).

I took AJs advice and cut my carbs right down in the past two weeks (lost 5lb in the process) and started upping the water (THIS REALLY HELPS). I bought some ketone test sticks from the chemist and I have gone into ketosis this morning - now have no hunger pangs (of the physical nature!) and feel ok.

Thanks AJ for your great advice - also love your management diary which is interesting as well as funny!

Good luck to everyone starting this week (and to everyone that posts here!).

Johnny :D

Hello everyone, Well I'm on day 6 and feeling really positive and upbeat. I had a few wobbles over the weekend - mainly feel resentful of people who are eating (especially if they are bigger than me). On the plus side my scales are showing a good loss and I am actually really looking forward to my WI tomorrow. I do think my engery levels have increased - am actually feeling quite hyper and frustrated at having to sit down and work all day. Want to be out buring calories :)
Good luck to my fellow starters. The 1st two days are definitely the worst but hang in there and the benefits start to outweigh the deprivation.

Back