Starting LL in April

I'm so excited - I got my form signed really easily!! The nurse was sooo nice, she had heard of LL and was really supportive. I'd taken everything with me so its all posted off, hope I get on Wednesdays class.

WW, JacksMummy and Johnny, its so great to hear you are sticking on it, can't wait to hear of your weight losses.

AmandaJayne, after reading your story and all the others like you who are so supporrtive afer your losses I feel like you are all celebrities!! Thanks for all taking the time to encourage us.

Hiya

I am starting Wednesday night so Thursday will be day 1 on shakes for me.

Where is everyone attending classes. i am going to be in County Durham.

Speak Soon

Hello Pink Rose :wavey:
I'm in Warwickshire.
Good luck for Thursday. I'm the similar to you - aiming for 11.5 st and seeing how I feel. I like that about LL that you set your own target. I have been 8.5 before after weightcare and I looked ill.

Great news about your forms JDI , fingers crossed you get into the group this week.

Ooohh I'm all excited for you lot, fresh faced and enthusiastic at starting LL!

Quote: "...mainly feel resentful of people who are eating ... I do think my engery levels have increased - am actually feeling quite hyper and frustrated at having to sit down and work all day. Want to be out buring calories :) "

Wicked Witch, you will soon learn strategies to deal with your feelings being around food but having to be separate too. Mention your feelings of resentment at your next meeting, you will probably find other members feel the same.

My energy levels were up too. It was fantastic to have so much get up and go! My moods were much lighter too. In fact, I stopped taking the anti-depressants after a few weeks. I believe it is a side effect of ketosis, and a much welcomed one. The best side-effect was having no appetite - it was such a freeing experience for me.

Quote: "I'm so excited - I got my form signed really easily!! The nurse was sooo nice, she had heard of LL and was really supportive."

Just do it - Fantastic news! It really does help when GPs/nurses are sympathetic and encouraging. A lot of LLers find the opposite (including me) and have to find a doctor to sign the form privately (and pay a large fee).

Johnny - I am pleased to have been able to help. I hadn't found Minimins at the time I started LL, but once I did, I got loads of support from members who had been there before me. It is an honour to repay the favour to others. And no doubt YOU will do the same, once you have gained experience! Hehehe

Lets hope that Jacksmummy get her form signed so she can get going ... there'll be no stopping you lot!

YAY!

Well the waiting is almost over - my first meeting is tonight and I am so ready for it.

I really believe in my heart that this will work for me. All of you guys have done so well and are such an inspiration!!

I have been so low these past two weeks because I have tried to come to terms with how I really feel about myself in preparation for starting LL. The way I look at it, unless I really take notice of how miserable I am in my own skin at the moment, when things get tough I will be able to kid myself (I have done it before) that I am "not that bad" and "people should just accept me as I am" . This time I will not let that happen, I will not talk myself out of this diet and I will not give up.
I want my new life, I want to feel free of this constant mental torment I put myself through. I want to like myself again, that is the most important thing of all, I have wasted too much of my life hating myself physically - and that stops now. I hope you guys will be there with me, I have a feeling I will need your support.

Laura

Laura I'm glad the wait is nearly over for you. Stick with the diet and you'll soon see the weight falling off you and have the joys of baggy clothes.

Yes you've got to stop hating yourself, you've got to love yourself and love what you're doing to your body by doing this diet. Don't feel like you're suffering and you'll get through this fine - keep smiling and stay positive ... and come in here for all the support you need.

Cath

Laura, I'm having the same feelings as you. I'm making myself really look at myself and appreciate how bad I feel. At the moment all I can fit into is trackpants. And they feel OK (never mind how horrific they look).

I'm making myself remember how hideous my hugest jeans feel and how they now don't meet at the front. How the reason I'm not out of breath and exhausted is basically because I'm spending all my spare time until I get started reading these posts and getting addicted to those ridiculous arcade games.

Every time I catch my reflection in the window I see the truth.

I'm just waiting for a call from the LLC to say when I can start.

Aaagh I just want to be DOING IT.:sigh:

Wooo Hoo - 11lb gone in my first week. I really enjoyed the group tonight (my 2nd, the groups 3rd) . We started to look at TA and discussed different ego states which was very interesting.
Can't wait to hear from the other April starters......

Day One

Well here goes...
Day one LL and the start of a new life for me.
Already got some water down, hanging on to have my first pack a bit later on - trying vanilla first.
Was a bit alarmed when my entire weeks worth of food fit neatly in a tubaware box - but like how tidy it all looks!!
It seems so much more grown up in a way - I look at the box of foodpacks and it is "just food", I don't get that emotional excitement surge I usually get from looking at a full fridge when I have just come back from shopping. I would look at the food and mentally catalogue it into foods I wanted to eat first or most appealing in descending order and then pick pick pick away at it until I would feel albsolutely full (and miserable with myself) I am glad that is all behind me.
I know there will be some seriously tough times ahead - but for now, all I can say is - I believe this will work and I am glad to be out of the "out of control" cycle I have been in for so long.
So bottoms up - off to get more water
xxx

Chunky Chicken, go for it, you will be fine, I start on Monday so will be joining you !!,

Hiya chunky chicken

I have my first meeting tonight so will be starting tomorrow morning!!!

I will keep on this post and we can help each other along because god knows we will need it!!

How much are you wanting to loose? i am about 16 stone and would like to get to 12 stone on sole source then do management to loose another stone! sounds easy doesn't it!! ha ha ha!!!!

Where abouts are your classes at I am in county durham.

Speak soon

pinkrose!!!:)

Hi Rose,

I am in Cheshire up North. I have 9 stone to lose - so think I will be doing this for a bit longer than you - but it is no less difficult for either of us at this point to keep going.

I enjoyed my first pack this morning - had a vanilla pack mixed into a coffee which made a very palatable latte. I have also been really good with my water and keep filling my shaker up (which you will get in your first meeting) with water (as there is a scale on the side in mls so I know how much I am getting down) - every time I get a hunger pang I drink a good gulp and it seems to be keeping it at bay. I was terrified I would feel faint and starving - but so far I am doing great - so hope that puts some fears at ease for you.

I know we can do it together - keep posting it really helps both you and others.

Good luck to both you and Cmacca on Monday - we are on the path to happiness!!!!!!!!!!!

Laura

Hi Everyone, I just got my letter to say I can start tonight. Yikes, I feel all excited, scared, nervous, desperate, its wierd.

To think I'll be on it tomorrow!!! We'll all do it together.

Its great to hear how everyone is doing. Wicked Witch 11lbs is awesome!

Hope we all manage something like that on our first week.

Hello all.. and well done to everyone who has already started in April. I am starting on Monday evening at 8.15pm.. I;ve had the same 'ooh, you'll put it all back on' but I feel soooo READY to lose this weight now.... just got married 2 weeks ago, moved house and just had wedding reception back home (we got married in Vegas) and the time is RIGHT NOW to lose weight!!!

I've had my 'new' husband a bit worried about starting this diet but I am so determined and he has said he'll support 100% so hopefully I'll be okay.

I've already been in touch with someone on here via their website email and she's given me some invaluable advice.

Looking forward to getting to know you all on here!!
I'm having some difficulty in navigating this site and the threads but sure I'll get used to it soon...
xx

Just do it!!!

Small world, I am starting tonight at 7.15 in chester -le-street!!!!!!

Should i carry a newspaper under my arm and wear a rose in my lapel!!! ha ha ha!!!!!

Is it 7.15 pm!

:grouphugg: Just wanted to wish you all well, i have just started week 5 and am over 2 stone lighter, it really does work if you stick to what they say, the first week or two is the worst due to light headedness and headaches, no energy also, but i promise it all comes back and you get a renewed energy it's great the best thing i have ever done!! so good luck and i will be watching for your acheivements!

Back