Starting LL in April

Hi everyone, hope you don't mind me butting in!

I'm on day 4! Had my pop in last night and have lost 6lbs already!!

Still feel quite weak and hungry today but as I'm in ketosis I really hope that passes soon!!

:)

Pinkrose, Molly and Just do it!

Good luck to you all for your first meeting! Ooohh I'm just so excited for you. I remember my first meeting. The anxiety, the anticipation, the unknown! Had I known that I would be sitting here all those months later slim and feeling fantastic for the first time ever, I would have ran to the place (all 20 miles)!

Maz - welcome to Minis, we haven't spoken before. If you are on day 4, you should be in ketosis by now and start feeling better. I found that I had enormous energy, no hunger pangs, felt great - that's ketosis for you. I loved it!

Congrats on the 6lb initial loss too.

AmandaJayne

Welcome everyone! This place really is the best for support, a chat with friends you.ve never met and so much more.

Best of luck with your LL journeys. Dont be strangers now!!

xx

Hi, I'm halfway through Day 1, when I woke up I was so excited to be doing it at last!

But my first shake was a disaster, I blended with hot water instead of cold and ended up with a congealed lump of goo at the bottom of the glass with murkey water hovering above and the occaisional yucky floater. (drank it anyway)

Straight off to Tesco for a blender but they've sold out!

Chicken Soup lots more successful as I carefully read the instructions properly.

Going to try raspberry in about 44 minutes. Can't wait. (43 minutes now yippee!!)

Just Do It

Are you managing with the water as well!! I am on my 4th litre so going well, I tend not to drink much on a night as I am up weeing anyway!!

Just having 2nd shake (vanilla) smelt like cake mix when dry and not too bad made up quite sweet! I forgot what they all tasted like.

Had raspberry this morning that was nice.

How funny we are all counting down the time to go til our next pack!!

I'm not a fan of the rasp but the mush soup is yummy and the choc is really nice with hot water!

On day 3/4 you will get bars too which are really nice and filling so something to look forward to anyway!!

Same as Angel really, just wanted to wish you all the best of luck. You'll soon be so glad that you've started this when the weight and the inches fall from you. Over the first few days make sure you have paracetamol or something to hand to cure any headaches - you'll soon be in ketosis and feeling great.

Cath

APRIL STARTER!!

Hi all...I will be starting LL on monday...
Heres a little of my history...I started out at 17st this was in around 1997...I joined my local LL group and lost 6st...
I then went through a terrible break up with my Ex and balloned to 25st...I then met and married the love of my life... without who I would probably be in Half ton hospital by now cos I would have just eaten forever!!!
I then embarked on my CD journey and managed to get myself down to 14st 11lbs...But hit a stumbling block and for the past 6 months have been battling between 15st and 16st
but cant get beyond 15st...I realise now that I am in dire need of the group sessions with LL and I will not say a bad word against CD as I have had the most helpful and patient counsellor that I could wish for...I just need to meet people in my position and the fact that we meet for weigh ins will give me the incentive I am obviously lacking at the moment...
So I beg you all to wish me luck as I try once more to rid myself of this last 5st!!!!

That's an incredible story, Red.

Thankfully, you've come to the right place for support and encouragement! Minis has been an enormous help to me.

I'd started at just under 18 stone with LL and have lost about 7 and a half stone to get to my goal. I did the Foundation and Management and have only just finished M'mant actually. I am continuing with the meetings though, because I will still need the counselling. Thankfully, without the extra cost of the packs now.

I think you are right about the counselling, Red. I realised that it would be the key to me keeping the weight off long term, because most of the problems I had were in my head. I wish you the best of luck over the next few months and look forward to reading your posts about your new LL experiences!

Good luck

Hi RED

Just to wish you the best of luck - i too believe that the counselling is the key to helping me to help myself if you know what I mean. Over the years I have developed so many bad habits with food that my brain is now wired up all wrong (its a mess in there). I hope with the CBT and TA I can unravel it all and start afresh. I am only on day 3 of my journey, but we are all in this together. Lots of luck and hugs coming your way.

Laura

Also - for the newbies. I mixed half a choc and half a rasberry pack together with a good slug of water and lots of ice in a blender - the result was seriously yummy (I wasn't keen on the rasberry on its own either) - I just thought other people may like to try.

Have a great day all
Laura

Red, good luck, I start on Monday too so we can keep each other going, I need to lose 3 stone and am hoping to achieve this. I have very little self control and if anyone shows be a bottle of Pinot I think i will have to chop my hands off to stop me drinking it, but I am going to give this a go. I want a nice body, I want my confidence back, I want comfort in the summer back and most of all I want my sex life back !!! I have come to the conclusion I will have to look at being on LL as being on a space mission for a 100 days, you know the dry food packs that the Astronaughts get !! hee hee. I know we can do this.

Have a lovely weekend everyone

Love Claire

Hi Red

Well done to you for trying again with a vlcd - I hope the group work gives you what you need to get you to your goal, you've done so so well up to now.

Cath

Hi April Starters :wave_cry:

Well just coming to the end of day six and had my first official WI tonight - first 7lbs gone! Really pleased with that and already starting to feel the difference, spurred on for week 2 now. Meeting other guys on the programme was good too, as it's a small group we are all at different stages so it's interesting to see how they are getting on further down the road.

Looking forward to the next week more as I don't have to play russian roulette with the packs anymore, now have a cupbord (well small plastic box!) full of the packs that I like.

Off to the pub now for a celebratory fizzy water!

Good luck April starters,

Johnny :D

Well done Johnny on getting through week 1 --- that' s a good loss you've had there.

Hope you enjoyed your 'pint'!

Cath

Hi Everyone

I'm back from my week away and didn't stray once, been feeling quite grumpy but starting to get over that now. Must admit I have found it hard but I am determined to make this work for me. It's my first WI tomorrow and I'm feeling a bit nervous.

Glad everyone is doing well and I'll post again tomorrow after my WI.

JacksMummy x x x

:devilangel:

That's brilliant JacksMummy, you should be really proud of yourself for that.

Best of luck for your weigh in, make sure you let us know how you get on.

Cath

Day 3 for me today

On antibiotics and feel crap but don't think it's so much the diet but my throatear infection from hell. On the plus side i don't think i could eat if i was allowed to my throat is that sore.

Just do it!! Did you have your pop in last night or are you going today. How are you coping!

Thanks all...I am getting sooooo excited cos I think finally Im going to get there!! I know there will be alot of tears along the way but it will be worth it!!!
Good luck everyone xxx

Back