Starting Sept 2017

trimlee

Love God; Love People
Hello everyone,
Where better to find encouragement than with people on the same Lipotrim journey?!

I am on Day 3 -started on 6th Sept 2017. I have done this before -in 2008 and in 2014, and it works very well when you follow it strictly. Why the weight gain? Because of a return to careless eating habits.

Start weight 86kg, goal weight 62kg -that will get my BMI down from 30.5 (obese!) to the healthy range (22). I am 5'6".

Days 1 and 2 have been ok. Daytime easier as I am at work but evenings require extra self-control as I am around food with dinners for the family.

I am always inspired by your posts and stories. Let's support one another along the way!

Have a successful day

Hi Lee,

Day 1 for me today, same as you I did this diet a few years ago and I lost an amazing amount - although I never completed it and life got in the way, i've tried to do it again a couple of times but I ended up finding a pharmacy that would just sell me the sachets but not really care, didn't weigh or monitor me which I thought was fine but I realise now I did it well in the past with support so i've finally now found a really good pharmacy who won't sell you 3 weeks worth of shakes but insist on seeing you weekly for your weigh in. I also used to use this forum and found it a massive help and so i've signed up again :) always good to be able to speak with people who are literally in the same boat as you (as it can feel like you're the only one in the world doing it sometimes).

I am glad this forum is full of support, and i've now got a good pharmacist to help!

How long are you planning on staying on the diet for? i'm 90kg so not too far off you either and looking to get down to a good BMI! Anyway all the best, i'm going to be on here loads for the next few weeks hopefully so I look forward to hearing from you and everyone on this :)

Hey Mabzy, welcome back!
You did it: beginning is often the hardest part - so good on you for making it back!
Thank you so much for posting here; it's quite reassuring that we have real company on this Lipotrim journey.
Day 1 was a breeze for me -you know how emotions get you started! Day 2 was ok but I nearly popped some food into my mouth in the evening -so glad I didn't.
Today - Day 3 - I have gone between feeling good to feeling my tummy seriously rumbling (and grumbling!) and then to steely determination!
I have devised audios and video clips to read/watch and charts to use to keep me on track -all that I can do to keep me focused.

I plan for 100 days -nice round figure -to give me a nice trim figure!

Let's do this Mabzy! Let's do this fellow Lipotrimmers!

Day 4 in the Lipotrim House

Good morning all. The weekend is here! I hope we all have a 100 TFR weekend.
I get my first weigh-in on Monday and I am excited -looking forward to it!

Yesterday Day 3 my mouth went 'manky' -felt furry. I hope this means I am in ketosis! I was making dinner for the children and mistakenly tasted a strand of spaghetti- yeah, I know.... I will not do that again.
When it comes to Lipotrim I must be all or nothing to stick it out.

One other thing I did was go to Lipotrim pictures (on Facebook), save the inspirational quotes and make a slide show of them. One more tool to use when I feel like quitting.

Let's do this.
Successful weekend Lipotrimmers!

Day 5
Feeling a bit more detached from food -good! My tummy is less bloated. Determined to go on and looking forward to my 1st weigh-in.

Hi Lee! Good luck with your first weigh in and well done for getting through the first week, you've got an amazing plan going on! You have a really good motivational plan of videos and audios to remind yourself, shows your determination! What's keeping you going? And il be doing the 100 days with you too!!

Thank you Mabzy!
Lesson of the day: recognise non-scale victories and don't give up!
Well today is Day 6 and I went for my first weigh-in -because Mondays work better for the pharmacist and I also like that it is the start of the week.
I started at 86kg and I had been weighing myself daily (yep!) to keep myself going. I saw the numbers dropping daily and I saw 82.6 kg on the scales this morning.
What a SHOCK when the scales at the pharmacy read 85kg!
Well I was deflated.... but NOT defeated!

I realised that I have been 100% consistent, I have not cheated and I have been drinking water as I should.
I can think of 3 or 4 reasons for such a low drop - and on the 1st week when I should have the biggest weight loss readings of the whole journey.
1. It's my time of the month
2. I weighed myself at a different time of the day today - evening, rather than first thing in the mornings.
3. I was fully clothed
4. (Maybe) It is Day 6 rather than 7.

Oh well.... 1kg in 1 week - that's 2.2lb. I called to mind a slide from my motivational slide show that asks if you are still upset that it is "only 1lb" lost and imagine that 1lb sitting on your body.... I needed to remember that it is still a pound of fat gone - or at least some glycogen depleted and water weight gone.

The key here is that I am NOT quitting. No! Why would I stop before I get to my destination? No reason to stop and every reason to continue as I have a goal to reach!

I think tomorrow I will post 10 reasons I have to carry on to complete my plan on my Lipotrim journey.

Now back to my opening comment:
Lesson of the day: recognise non-scale victories and don't give up!

My non-scale victories are
- I stuck with the shakes 100%
- I refused to give in to any family meals
-I thought of adding in extras but I didn't

So despite having lost very little on the scale this 1st week, I recognise my non-scale victories and I carry on strong to the finish line!

Awww don't worry hun you did amazing and you sound so positive! and yes there can be so many reasons, I remember once I went and I hadn't lost anything, and the following week I had lost double the expected amount! i didn't realise it was because for me I wasn't drinking enough water! Anyway i'm here to support you and I will be actively encouraging you! Unfortunately i had to put a pause on my diet as a big event has just occured and unfortunately there's no way around it I had to break the diet :( but i've spoke with my pharmacists and we've agreed i'm going to start in 2 weeks time fully and just keep it consistent with them as they are quite strict and will kick you off the programme if you don't do it properly which is a good motivator! Although of course I do need to motivate myself!

Anyway I look forward to your 10 reasons as I need it too for when i properly start! keep up the good work :)

Aww thanks for the encouragement Mabzy. I hope that next week my numbers are better. Your pharmacy sounds great -a bit of toughness to remind us to stay focused!
I hope you enjoyed the big event! I'll post my 10 reasons soon.

Day 7 in the Lipotrim house
I felt rough today -cold, tired and had a headache. I am ashamed to say I had a blow out - a binge which I enjoyed at the time but now regret.
Back on track tomorrow.

I realise that I have a long way to go with self-control.

My 10 Reasons

10 reasons to lose my excessive weight:
Spiritual, physical and social reasons.

Spiritual
1. To present my body to serve The Lord; holy and acceptable to Him.
2. To honour The Lord with my appearance.
3. To live out the fruit of the Spirit which is self-control.

Physical
4. To live in a healthy body with a healthy BMI.
5. To reduce the risk of physical illnesses such as diabetes, hypertension, stroke, cardiac disease, arthritis, kidney disease.
6. To reduce the risk to premature death.
7. To have more energy physically.

Social
8. To have the strength to be active with my family.
9. To look and feel great.
10.To enjoy my appearance.

Day 10
Struggled on Day 8.
Determined today -and it helps that my tummy is less bloated!

Day 10
Struggled on Day 8.
Determined today -and it helps that my tummy is less bloated!
Your doing great! I've just read your post from beginning to end, it's the first time I have had time! We've hit the weekend, for me this is the most difficult time! question: do you exercise? O know your not supposed to.. I do lightly, but I feel OK from it.

Hi Lee, don't worry we've all been there and as we know you just have to take it in your stride! be strong, i'll be seeing my pharmacist in a weeks time I can't wait to get back on it! even though i'm eating, food doesn't bring me pleasure, feeling healthy and looking good does! your reasons are really motivating, stay strong regardless i'm going to be on this forum like mad from next Friday which will be my first consulation with my pharmacist!

Welcome back Mabzy. Here's to health & fitness!

Hi everyone, just been to the pharmacy and picked up my 1st week of shakes, which I am starting today. I have done this before in 2008, but since then have put on about 8 of the 10 stones I lost , have now been put on tablets for high blood pressure and I know that weight is a major factor. It can be quite a lonely journey, even though family and pharmacist very supportive so it's good to be able to speak with people who are on the same journey. Hopefully we can provide additional support to each other.

Hi Ange and Lee, I hope you are both good! I went to the pharmacy today, got my weigh in (it was the same pharmacist I saw 4 years ago so it felt so nice because she always motivated me and gave me a stern look if my weight wasn't dropping (sometimes i'd retain water, i didn't cheat), well I got my first week of shakes and i've taken my first one day! I feel really motivated and like you Ange, i'm looking for that support on here too as we all know it can be a very lonely journey - i'll be checking the forum daily for the next 7 weeks so keep us posted on how you're getting on, so it's day 2 for you, how are you?

I am going to watch the lipotrim video on youtube to remind me and psych me up - this is the last time I hope to do lipotrim with all the wisdom i've gained! I was not as big as 4 years ago and my pharmacist was even suprised by this!!

Hi Mazby, your post has only just come through, hope the weekend was ok for you. I'm just finishing day 4, have had a few headaches and that empty gurgling feeling in my tummy but apart from that I'm doing ok. Will check for ketosis tomorrow and fingers crossed will start feeling better and it will all be worth it on Thursday for weigh in. Hope you're feeling ok, I suppose having done it before we know the benefits and the fast results, doesn't make it any easier though. Take care

Hi Ange, wow good on you! Yes I can't wait to get into ketosis i'm just sticking with it and drinking water! How did you manage to survive the weekend? for me, they are the hardest as during the week, work keeps me busy but weekends are when I have too much time and I want to rest! How many weeks did you manage the last time you did it? keep at it and keep me posted :)

Hi Mabzy, hope you're keeping well. I checked yesterday and I'm in ketosis so feeling a lot better and headaches have gone. The first 4 days are so hard but once you get through them it's a lot easier. The last time I did it I think I did it for about 5 months, then took a break and went back for another 2, after taking the break I found my heart wasn't in it and I stopped but instead of being sensible and keeping on going in and getting weighed I just went back to my old habits and the weight went back on faster than it came off, I have promised myself I won't do that this time!!! I have committed to 6 weeks and I'll see how I'm feeling after that, if I can continue I will and if not I'll have one meal and 2 shakes, one day at a time. How about you? Are you in ketosis? Are you feeling ok? How long are you planning to stay on total replacement? Keep going you're doing great and it will be soa worth it

Back