Starting the Harcombe Diet on Monday 1st November

Ooh but what a great start & a boost to your morale - keep up the good work x

Well done that is a fantastic start.

You and I have a similar amount to lose. Seems a bit daunting but I am just taking it a bit at a time.

Well done hope your having a good day, i just had a quick peak at the scales and its saying 3lb too, im quite happy with this :)

Hi everyone, I can't believe its now gone 10.30pm and its the first time I've had an opportunity to post today (withdrawal symptoms or what?)! I work in my best mates hair and beauty salon mainly doing gel nails and spray tans as well as selling a little Virgin Vie cosmetics (now newly named as just 'Vie') I am very lucky in the fact that I do this for pocket money and not for paying all the household bills and my hubby calls it 'Playschool' (think that says it all) Its so much fun as its just such a sociable job and all my customers I now think of as my friends! Today, was really my first proper day back since I had the op on my ankle and boy am I tired!!! 9 till 7 pm non stop but, I am so exhausted now!!!! Consequently, I had to have the necessary glass of wine or 2 that is expected in the salon on a Friday night! I would also like to say how guilty I feel but hey ho I don't .......for the 1st time in 8 weeks I feel as though I getting a little closer to experiencing some form of normality in my life!
Anyway, I will be back on Phase 1 tomorrow and I hope and pray that this 'little blip' will not have too much of an effect on the scales tomorrow morning?

Hi Caroline here I am as requested!

The alcohol thing is really hard I know. I have been drinking far too much far too frequently lately and gave myself a bit of a scare when I realised just how much I was really having just to be sociable.

I am no angel believe me. One look at my stats and how long I have been trying to get rid of this weight will tell you that. This time though I think I really have just had enough. There is never a good time to do this. Every week has a Friday night. If it's not a birthday or anniversary it's Bonfire night, Christmas, New Years, Valentines, Easter etc etc.
Why not try and not have a drink untill next Friday, that is my plan. Then when you do you will feel so much better and enjoy it all the more. Also with the festive season almost upon us I really do want to try and give my liver a bit of a rest before all the festivities start.

Jacsprat thanks very much for you post!
Like you say we always have some celebration or other to give us a reason to have a drink (sadly, I've also had 4 funerals where the drink has flowed that I've had to attend this year as well) So I am going to try and do as you have suggested and abstain until next weekend x

Sorry I've not been around but, have had some bad news my Mums cancer has come back! Diets out the window.......yet again, will be back soon x

Sorry I've not been around but, have had some bad news my Mums cancer has come back! Diets out the window.......yet again, will be back soon x

I am so sorry to hear that, Caroline.

I wish her well and hope it gets sorted again soon.

((((hugs))))

Pam xxx

Back