Statistics - What size are you at what weight?

rachpid said:
That's really interesting - I was going on my sister for 8.5 stone being light for size 10 - she's about 5' 4, 9.5 stone and size 8/10. But she's also very toned, so maybe that makes a difference?

Plus I realised my maths weren't right - going on me being size 18 at 14.5, that means I would be size 12 at 8.5, not a 10!

I think at 8.5 u wud deffo be a 10 lol x

Ive lost some of my boobs i think :-( used to be a 34e. I need to get measured but when i measure my under bust its only 31" now. Going to have to get prof measured x

At my very lightest after an operation and betrayal by an ex I was 8.4 stone and was still a size 12!

To the girls saying they going down a dress size every two stone, you'll find that some sizes slip past, without significant loss as things settle and as you exercise, I only lost 4.5lb and went from a 24 top to a 22, so get a bit of body magic in!

I never understand bra sizes either. I'm a 34E - NEVER lose weight off them ever! In fact when I lose weight they look bigger because my stomach and waist are smaller!

I'm 5ft4ish and I'm a size 16 and always have been. My heaviest weight at the time was about 13st7 and I actually lost 19 pound on Rosemary Conley a few years ago. I know they say 10lb is a dress size but I was a size 16 when I started and a size 16 (be it a little more comfortable) when I'd lost the weight.

Perhaps it's the big hips, bum and boobs!! :)

One thing I dread about losing the weight is going back to being a 32a bra size, Bloody hell I could go topless on the beach and no-one knew the front from the back!

tally05 said:
I think at 8.5 u wud deffo be a 10 lol x

Would depend on height and muscle tone

Im 5'3 9st 6 and im a size 8/10 top and size 10 bottom, started at 10st 13.5 and a size 12/14 mostly 14!!

I never understand bra sizes ... I thought 31" under the bust would be a size 36 bra?? i.e. 31" + 5" cos it's an odd number??

This rule has never worked for me. I usually buy the back size closest to my measurement. I was least measured in a 28 back band so my back measurement will be very close to this. Bra sizing is silly :p

Ali* said:
I never understand bra sizes ... I thought 31" under the bust would be a size 36 bra?? i.e. 31" + 5" cos it's an odd number??

Def not a 36 all my 34s are lose on me now. I dont know. One bra should fit all. I think i might invent that. The automatically moulding bra lol xx

If you get a tape measure and read under your boobs that's actually the chest size your supposed to be for proper support. Then if you measure round your boobs for every inch your boobs are bigger than the chest size you go up a cup size. So if you was 34 chest and 35 round your boobs you would be a AA then 36 is A, 37 is B etc. That's what I got told in La senza anyway. Most people wear a bigger chest size for comfort though x

So im about a 32 then. Im going to do that tonight. Is it with bra on or off x

Im 5ft 2 and a half (the half counts) and im currently 11.13 1/2 and a size 12 in most things unless really tight jeans, i want to get back to between 10 and 10.7 where i was a comfortable size 10.

My chest is currently a 34ff even when i lost 3 and a half stone a few years ago my cup size just continued to grow from a f to a ff....booo!!!

tally05 said:
If you get a tape measure and read under your boobs that's actually the chest size your supposed to be for proper support. Then if you measure round your boobs for every inch your boobs are bigger than the chest size you go up a cup size. So if you was 34 chest and 35 round your boobs you would be a AA then 36 is A, 37 is B etc. That's what I got told in La senza anyway. Most people wear a bigger chest size for comfort though x

Don't think that quite right because there is no way on this planet I'm a 36 bra size (my under chest measurement). Haven't been that since i was 16! M&S website has a great chart. Puts me at about a 40G! Over chest is 42. I think it's the other way to what you're describing as a general rule... Over the boobs is your bra size and the inch difference under the boobs is each cup size. But it's only a rough guide. Getting measured is more accurate. They don't get you to take your bra off. Well not in M&S! :D

Don't think that quite right because there is no way on this planet I'm a 36 bra size (my under chest measurement). Haven't been that since i was 16! M&S website has a great chart. Puts me at about a 40G! Over chest is 42. I think it's the other way to what you're describing as a general rule... Over the boobs is your bra size and the inch difference under the boobs is each cup size. But it's only a rough guide. Getting measured is more accurate. They don't get you to take your bra off. Well not in M&S! :D

I think Tally is correct - I am 42" around the back and boobs and there is no way I'm a 42" bra wearer (I used to be 2.5 st ago ;))

I've just measured and I'm 35" under the boob and 42" over so that puts me at around a 36E :eek: I've been wearing 38D so I guess I may have gone down to a 36 ... will try some bras on in town today :)

Ive just done it and im 31" under and 38 ovet. Makes me between a 30/32 F. I was a 32E. How does that work?? Xx

Found it on a website... neither of us are right as such... Take your under bust measurement and add 4 inches if it's an even number, or add 5 inches if an odd number. This is your bra size. I.e. I'm under bust 36 and add 4 as it was an even no... my bra size is 40.

Now for cup size... Take measurement of fullest part of chest...
If it's the same as bra size it's an A cup
1 inch more... B
2 inch more... C
3 inch more... D
4 inch more... DD
5 inch more... E
And so on through F, FF, G

So my over chest is 43 which make me a D... 40D bra size.

Back