Statistics - What size are you at what weight?

Nickinoonoo said:
Found it on a website... neither of us are right as such... Take your under bust measurement and add 4 inches if it's an even number, or add 5 inches if an odd number. This is your bra size. I.e. I'm under bust 36 and add 4 as it was an even no... my bra size is 40.

Now for cup size... Take measurement of fullest part of chest...
If it's the same as bra size it's an A cup
1 inch more... B
2 inch more... C
3 inch more... D
4 inch more... DD
5 inch more... E
And so on through F, FF, G

So my over chest is 43 which make me a D... 40D bra size.

I measured 32 under so add 4 makin 36 but my over chest is 35 so how does this work out???

Vitology said:
I measured 32 under so add 4 makin 36 but my over chest is 35 so how does this work out???

It would make me a 36 C if this was right. The website must be wrong xx

Welshtigger said:
That IS the correct way to work out bra measurements, but all too often people think its wrong and wear what they 'think' their size is! A friend and his ex wife used to have a lingerie shop and he was properly trained to fit 'by eye' and he's always right! Same as rigby and peller :)

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

So what happens when your under boobs measurement is greater than your over boobs measurement???? Ive never seen a minus bra size!!!!

Welshtigger said:
That IS the correct way to work out bra measurements, but all too often people think its wrong and wear what they 'think' their size is! A friend and his ex wife used to have a lingerie shop and he was properly trained to fit 'by eye' and he's always right! Same as rigby and peller :)

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

I got measured as 34E before i lost weight. Surely my back size hasnt gone up. Going to get meadured this week and if i am a 36C il post it and il hold my hands up and say im wrong x

I'm 5ft 3in and started at 21st 10lbs wearing size 26 bottoms and anything between 20 - 22 tops. I'm now 16st 11.5lbs wearing a loose pair of 22 jeans and size 18 tops.

I've lost 4st 12.5lbs in total and so hoping to get to my 5 stone this week, fingers crossed!

I'm 5ft 4inch weigh 12 stones which makes me a 14 on the bottom and a 12/14 on the top. I want to get to 10 stone again which I was a 10 on top and 12 on bottom x

I got measured as 34E before i lost weight. Surely my back size hasnt gone up. Going to get meadured this week and if i am a 36C il post it and il hold my hands up and say im wrong x

:8855:
I've seen this chart loads of times and it is NOT correct!!!
I measure 40 under boobs and 45 around - that makes me a 44C!! And I have massive norks!!
I have been measured in a lingerie shop that only sells bras and corsets and they recommended a 42E for me.
lmao at this chart shows Mrs S as needing a concave bra!!

vickidyers said:
:8855:
I've seen this chart loads of times and it is NOT correct!!!
I measure 40 under boobs and 45 around - that makes me a 44C!! And I have massive norks!!
I have been measured in a lingerie shop that only sells bras and corsets and they recommended a 42E for me.
lmao at this chart shows Mrs S as needing a concave bra!!

No, there is 5" difference therefore making you 44E, so 42E isn't far different!!

And still no-ones come up with a solution for my measurements!!! 31 under + 5 to make me a 36 then 35 over so by those measurements my boobs are inverted by one inch!!! Yet im looking at them now and tho smaller than when i started, they do not resemble belly buttons!!!!

I found this chart useful, it worked for me...
Sports Bra Measuring Guide - LessBounce

but reading through this thread that says the other 'IS' correct, I might just have wierd boobs!!:8855:

I guess the best thing to do is as Welshtigger sugggests.. go into a good shop, think I'm going to have to go in again as most of my bras have got a bit big now having lost over 3 stone now

Last edited:
And still no-ones come up with a solution for my measurements!!! 31 under + 5 to make me a 36 then 35 over so by those measurements my boobs are inverted by one inch!!! Yet im looking at them now and tho smaller than when i started, they do not resemble belly buttons!!!!

According to the trusty M&S size chart, you are a 36B ;)

The size charts ARE pretty confusing though. The M&S one puts me at 34C, but the lessbounce site puts me at 34DD. I would definitely not fill out a DD cup!

The bravissimo site has a fab video that might help. I've just worked mine out at 34C and tried in a new 34C bra and it seems to fit the way they say it should. HTH. X

Back