Statistics - What size are you at what weight?

And still no-ones come up with a solution for my measurements!!! 31 under + 5 to make me a 36 then 35 over so by those measurements my boobs are inverted by one inch!!! Yet im looking at them now and tho smaller than when i started, they do not resemble belly buttons!!!!

Remember you are adding an imaginary (for sizing purposes) 5 inches. An A cup DOES NOT mean you're inverted. The ACTUAL difference between your under bust area and fullest part of your chest is really 4 inches positive!! ;) Most of the support should be coming from the band part - of course when there is a smaller difference then the cup part of the bra has a smaller part to play. You may well find an A cup is perfectly adequate, but a AA is smaller.

These charts are as a guide to help you start by picking up a bra that could fit. Your shape has a part to play which a tape measure can never tell. This is why the likes of Rigby and Peller don't use them. Almost no-one measures bang on the inch marker so there will always be a couple of sizes that may fit and this won't always be the next size (band or cup) up or down. This is why a proper fitting is a much better option than DIY. :D The Rigby and Peller site gives some useful advice for that more bespoke fit:
Bra Sizing - Advice Centre - Rigby & Peller

and some trouble shooting tips as follows:

Bra Fitting Troubleshooting
While we do stress that it is best to come in and be professionally fitted by our trained fitters we have listed a few scenarios and guidelines which you should follow when buying or trying on a bra. We do not by any means suggest that you use these guidelines as an alternative to a fitting; they are simply guidelines which you may find helpful.

You find that your bra is loose around the edges.
Try a smaller cup size

You find that your breasts are spilling out of the front of the bra and your silhouette is bumpy.
Try a bra with a smaller back and a larger cup size.

You find that your bra band is riding up your back.
Try a smaller back size.

You find your straps are leaving indent marks.
Try a smaller back size so that the band of the bra is supporting you.

You find that the under wire is digging under your armpit.
Try a bra with a bigger cup size.

You find that your breasts are falling out the bottom of the underwire.
Try a bra which is smaller in the back and larger in the cup.

You find that your size fluctuates.
This is a common problem for most women. We recommend that you buy a bra with some stretch in it; this will mean that it is more comfortable. If you find that you have large fluctuations in size, it can be helpful to have a larger bra for these times.

HTH :D

Thank you all!! Having various styles and sizes of bra, from 32c to 36d i know that there isnt one difinitive bra size per person! Just couldnt make sense of the minus measurement!!

Ive got over 100 of the ******* so having lost some weight and inches its time to whittle out the none fitting!!!

40 + 4 = 44
measure around bust = 45

45 - 44 = 1".... yes I did get it wrong, that makes me a 44B, even worse!

Mine comes up as that too but either I"m not good at measuring or the sizing doesn't work for me as a 44 bra swims on me!
Best sizing for me is 40B, although I'm thinking that 38C might fit better.

One of those charts had me at a 42DD!!! I don't think so!

I thought it was: measure under breast which I get 28. Then add 4 cause its even which gives me a 32. THEN I am 31 round the bust so I was going from the 28, not the 32 for my cup size. So 28: aa, 29:a,30: b, 31: c, 32 d. This makes me a 32 D which I know I am. Otherwise I would be inverted too!!! Which I am definitely not lol!

As someone who needs a really good bra, to avoid back ache/future droop, I think the tape measure method is pants. Using it, I come up as a 44B, which doesn't even cover my nipples! Getting fitted properly in a store, they didn't even use a tape measure. They went by eye and then put various sizes on me that looked close to what I was. Sometimes, they put one on that seemed ok to me, but the assistant said it was wrong. Ended up with a 36H, which fits like a glove and gives great shape. Tape measure shmape shmeasure!

When i first started this (at 205lbs) i was a size 18 (some were tight!) with a 38FF bra size (but i hadnt been measured in years). Now after losing 61lbs im a size 12/14 (still got the mummy tummy!) with a 32G bra size xxx

Bubbles, you have amazing legs!!!!!! Colour me utterly jealous!

5ft 4
11st 6lbs
size 12 - 14

hopefully be back into 8 - 10 once i lose these 2 stones :)

haha aww thanks shrimpy! They are my fave part! And i have no idea how they are so toned, i dont do anything special! Wish my arms would follow their example...the ******* lol! xx

Our bodies are weird *******, eh? :)

LMFARO!!!! the people i emailed from the link earlier in the thread said my measurements equate to a 36DD/E!

I want a bra not a hammock!!!

OOOOHHH my sides!!! I bought a 34B the other day from primark and its a perfect fit!!!
Sooooo going to try on a 36E tho!!!
Tbf they did say it was only a guide!!!

From experience I find primark do really good fitting bras, unfortunatly they don't last 5 min but if your not planning on staying the same size for very long then that wont be a problem lol.

Malibu xx

Wow......what a fab thread.

I'm 5ft4 (well almost), 11st 7 and size 14-16. I started at 11st 12.5 and was a 16. My favourite jeans are from next and my size 16's are HUGE now. Went and got a pair of 14's and can't do them up!!! I have massive hips and thigs though, pretty small waist though. Depending on fit of clothes I have recently got a size 12 dress, but it's a style that's tight around the waist and flows over the hips.

I want to get down to around 8st7 and would love to be a size 8. Don't think I was born a size 8 so that's my main goal. We'll see though xx

Vitology said:
LMFARO!!!! the people i emailed from the link earlier in the thread said my measurements equate to a 36DD/E!

I want a bra not a hammock!!!

OOOOHHH my sides!!! I bought a 34B the other day from primark and its a perfect fit!!!
Sooooo going to try on a 36E tho!!!
Tbf they did say it was only a guide!!!

You could always carry your lunch in it!

Vitology said:
I could camp out in it!!!!

Hmmm what other uses... Maybe you could rent them out as kennels for puppies, then you get two puppies in each cup!!!

Maybe plant up some strawberry plants for SF on the go!

I've got it! When it's raining you could whip it off and have a double unbrella!

Shirleen said:
Hmmm what other uses... Maybe you could rent them out as kennels for puppies, then you get two puppies in each cup!!!

Maybe plant up some strawberry plants for SF on the go!

I've got it! When it's raining you could whip it off and have a double unbrella!

Lmao............i'm thinking perfect for shopping when ive forgotten my carriers!!! :)

Vitology said:
Lmao............i'm thinking perfect for shopping when ive forgotten my carriers!!! :)

Right that's convinced me Im a DD!! Always forgetting carriers!

Shirleen said:
Right that's convinced me Im a DD!! Always forgetting carriers!

Had a look at a 36DD today on my lunch and i almost laughed out loud!!! I dont even think i was that big when i was pregnant!!!

Back