Statistics - What size are you at what weight?

Thats a really good idea to measure yourself as the clothes sizes vary so much.

I was really chuffed to fit a 18 inMatalan last week but in M&S I'm still in a 20/22!

Down from 24 st 4lbsto 18 st 6 this week but still loadsa blubber to melt yet!

I agree that its the clothes sizes that can differ so much. I was size 12 'pre pregnancy) and have expanded out of my normal clothes. However before my size 12 mat clothes fit I bought some river island size 12 jeans and yet they are hanging off me even at 24 weeks pregnant. I love them :) Am def going to shop there after I have baby haha

Even in maternity clothes its a struggle - my existing maternity size 12 trousers don't fit yet (which I def grew out of before 30 weeks last time) but I bought from the dame shop (3 years later) some that fit perfectly.
Then I bought some size 12 maternity shorts for my hols and they are a little tight already (hope they last 6 weeks as can't see me wearing in the UK)!

I find clothes shopping a nightmare and always have. I vary so much from shop to shop. I think its the size of my hips and lack of boobs lol I envy people who buy from the internet, but for me I always need to try it on :-(

I'm 5'5" and weigh 11.5 stones.
Top size 12, bottom size 14.

Some people have smaller frames than others so, 'hide' their weight maybe?
I've always 'looked' smaller than my weight though- I recall the first time I was in hospital with my first child. 8 months pregnant and I was chatting to a group of other young women. This massive girl who was also 8 months pregnant got on the scales - she was about 2 inches taller than me and looked big all round. She was horrified she was so heavy. I got on the scales next - I weighed a stone more than her. Big shock to me and she thought the scales were faulty lol.

I'm aiming to get to 10 stones something this time but I have a small frame and think I should be quite a bit under 10 stones really even though my BMI says 10.5st would be fine.

I'm 5ft 4, 9st 12 and a size 10-12 depending on the shop!:rolleyes:

5 ft 5 and 19st 4 and I'm wearing a Tesco F&F size 22 dress. Some of my clothes are a size 24 though.

Brilliant thread! This subject has interested me for years. Whenever I've read before & after stories people always seem to be in a smaller size than me despite being 2 or 3 stone heavier!

5ft 5in
15st 10lb
Size 22 top & bottom

Started at 16st 9lb in size 24.

Hi Sibella, I think it all depends on where you carry your weight. I'm very hippy and have large thighs but my waist is quite small. I do have a large chest but small back. I have size 26 clothes in my wardrobe but they literally hang off me, so yes this topic is very interesting lol x

ps...some manufacturers are more generous than others with their sizing.

I am 5ft 6 and a half, weigh 9st 11lbs, and can just about, by the skin of my teeth, fit into size 10

Need to get back down to target :)

Im 5 feet 6, 18stone10lbs and size 20/22 :(, need to get my bum in gear and get to 9stone10, which i used to be xx

Im 9st 9lb, 5.1 and size twelve but some trousers are gettin big!! wen i was 8st 12 before I was a size 8/10. Will get there again one day soon!!!

14st 9lb size 16 bottom, 14 top, i was 11st and a size 10/12 and at 10 stone size 8/10 and at 9 st 6 on top 8 on bottom, even tho my bmi said i was still over weight! haha i hate BMI it lies! :)

Back