Stephie's Food Diary

stephie0611

needs to focus!!!!
Started a new job yesterday so thought what a better way than to start slimming world again, as have put on LOADS of weight!

Monday

breakfast - wheetabix and skimmed milk (Healthy Extra A & B)
lunch - chicken salad with low fat mustard dressing (syn dressing)
dinner - seafood selection and cauliflower
snacks - 2 plums, 2 apples, 2 satsumas, a cereal bar, packet of be good to yourself pretzels and packet of mikados. (syn pretzels and Mikados) (Healthy Extra for cereal Bar)

Gym - half hour on bike, 40 mins on crosstrainer and 50 reps on various different weight machines

Also walk to work and back - 40 mins each way.

Last edited:
You havent put down what you are having as your HEs Hun, or your syns.

You havent put down what you are having as your HEs Hun, or your syns.

Thanks for that chick, i'd rather somebody kept me right, as i'm going to find it hard getting back into it, as the other times ive tried i've never stuck to it, but i really want and need to this time, i'm determined.
I've now changed it. not sure off the syn amount, but i know its definitely not over my allowance.

Hi just thought I would try and help I found the syns for the pretzels (I hope they are the correct ones)
Sainsbury's Be Good to Yourself, Baked Snack Selection, Salted Pretzels 25g bag[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
red.gif
Original 4½ Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 4½ Syns
[/FONT]

I don't know about Mikaldos perhaps somebody else here could help you with that.
[/FONT]

If I remember rightly the mikados are half a syn each. How many were in the packet?

What sort of cereal bar did you have? There are only a few that you can count as a HE. Otherwise you'd need to syn this as well.

And if I can say one thing - you've only just started and already you're eating things without having any idea of their syn value. This really is a slippery slope to falling right of the plan, so I would recommend not letting anything cross your lips if you're nor certain of the syns. :)

I thought mikados (18 in a pack) were 1.5 each???? I will have a proper check, but i would agree with keeping on top of the syns, i noticed last time round i let things creep in and i was off plan before i knew it. Well done on your new job and new healthy eating plan x

Hi just thought I would try and help I found the syns for the pretzels (I hope they are the correct ones)
Sainsbury's Be Good to Yourself, Baked Snack Selection, Salted Pretzels 25g bag

red.gif
Original 4½ Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 4½ Syns
[/FONT]

I don't know about Mikaldos perhaps somebody else here could help you with that.

[/FONT]
They are morrisons, eat smart ones, which i'm sure are about the same amount of syns.

If I remember rightly the mikados are half a syn each. How many were in the packet?

Yeah the mikado's are half a syn each as i checked on here first to find out, i had 18 of them!

What sort of cereal bar did you have? There are only a few that you can count as a HE. Otherwise you'd need to syn this as well.

The cereal bar i had was asda vitality apple and rasperry!

And if I can say one thing - you've only just started and already you're eating things without having any idea of their syn value. This really is a slippery slope to falling right of the plan, so I would recommend not letting anything cross your lips if you're nor certain of the syns. :)
I know i dont know the correct syns, but i remember from the last time of doing slimming world, that i have had this and it didn't go over my syn amount!

I thought mikados (18 in a pack) were 1.5 each???? I will have a proper check, but i would agree with keeping on top of the syns, i noticed last time round i let things creep in and i was off plan before i knew it. Well done on your new job and new healthy eating plan x

Thanks very much, they are 1/2 syn each, or definitely were the last time! xx

Tuesday

Breakfast - grapefruit
lunch - chicken salad with teaspoon of low fat ceasar salad dressing. (syn dressing)
snack - satsuma, plum and apple, packet of mikados (syn)
dinner - seafood selection and grilled peppers with my allowance of mozzarella (HE)
supper - 2 pieces of weight watchers (HE) wholemeal bread with chicken.

Walk to work and back - 40 mins each way

Wednesday

Breakfast - weetabix and skimmed milk (HE A & B)
lunch - rice with peppers, spinach and tomatoes
snack - 2 plums, 2 satsumas, 2 apples, vanilla mullerlight, cereal bar (HEB), packet of eat smart pretzels
dinner - 2 bites of pasta n sauce macaroni - as was then really sick :(.

gym - 30 mins bike, 30 mins crosstrainer - 50 reps on various weight machines

walked to work and back - 40 mins each way

Thursday

Breakfast - weetabix and skimmed milk (HE A & B)
lunch - baked pototo with cheese (HEA) and onion, with a side salad
dinner - garlic and herb pasta
snack - pretzels (syn), cereal bar (HEB), plum, 2 satsumas, 2 apples, a melon, a packet of strawberrys, 3 kiwi fruits

Walked to work and back - 40 mins each way (may i add in the pouring rain where i got held up against a fence with my brolly lol
:( )

Can anybody advise if there is such a thing as eating too much fruit? xx

Forgot to write down what i had Friday, Saturday and Sunday, as wasn't really in the house much.

Monday

breakfast - weetabix and skimmed milk (HEA & B)
lunch - baked potato and cheese (HEA), coleslaw (syn)
dinner - pasta n sauce, corn on the cob,
snack - 3 satsumas, cereal bar (HEB), a melon, summer fruits, 0.1% fat fromage frais and sachet of options (syn)

Monday

Breakfast - 2 pieces of ww wholemeal bread and philadelphia light - (HEA & B)
lunch - canneloni - sainsburys be good to yourself spinach and ricotta 4.5 syns.
dinner - tomato and herb pasta n sauce
snacks - pear, 2 bananas, alpen light cereal bar (HEB), pretzels 4.5 syns.

the next 2 days wont be that good to be honest, as tomorrow i've got to stick to a low residue diet, and Thursday i'm only allowed jelly and weak soup. x

just realised that i hadn't filled in last weeks food diary, - and i now can't remember what i had!!!

To be honest i wasn't that good at all with having the hospital, as i know on Wednesday i had a couple of bits of white thick bread, lunch baked potato and cheese, tea time macaroni cheese, and later on i had a couple of bits of pizza, chicken dippers, spring rolls.

Thursday i only had a few spoonfuls of jelly and 2 oxo drinks.

Friday i had home made tomato soup which was all free things, but then my OH made me a yummy tea of mashed totties with spring onions and black pudding mixed through it and with a piece of haddock on the top and a poached egg.

Saturday - 2 sausages, 2 pieces of bacon and a piece of black pudding - 4 pieces of WW bread (HE) - tea then i had fresh pasta, with pasta sauce - and then later on had loads of rosy wine,

Sunday - 2 pieces of bacon, 2 sausages, a slice of black pudding - all grilled - 4 pieces of WW bread (HE)
a micro baguette _ unhealthy - 4 sweet potatoes, just micro'd - a small packet of mikado's.
So glad to be back on track again today, as ive missed having all my healthy fruit!!!!
Was glad to have lost 2lb this week :). x

Monday -

breakfast - weetabix and skimmed milk (HEA & B)
lunch - sainsbury's be good to yourself canneloni, ricotta and spinach 4.5 syns
dinner - arborio rice with chicken stock, peppers, mushrooms, courgette, home made breaded onions and mushrooms along with the dip (quark, garlic & seasoning)
snacks - morrisons healthy pretzels (4.5 syns), a melon, 2 apples, 2 oranges, a kiwi fruit.

walk to work and back 40 mins each way :)

Last edited:
Tuesday

Breakfast - 2 slices of ww bread (HEB) - Allowance of cheese (HEA), 1 tbsp light mayo (2 syns) - 1 tsp clover light - (1 syn)
lunch - baked potato with allowance of cheese (HEA)
dinner - pasta with courgette, mushrooms & peppers
snack - 2 apples, packet of mikado (9 syns) 2 scan bran (1 syn)

Walk to work and back - 30 mins each way (i'm getting quicker)

an hour at the gym, 30 mins on the bike and 30 mins on the crosstrainer :)

Last edited:
Wednesday

breafast - 2 pieces of WW wholemeal bread (HEB) - allowance of cheese (HEA)
snack - an apple, 2 light alpen bars (HEB)
lunch - chicken chow mein (7 syns), chicken noodle soup (guessing about 5 syns)
dinner - steak, 2 morrisons fat free sausages, 2 pieces of bacon, 2 eggs

walked to work and back - 30 mins each way

1 hour at the gym - 50x reps on various different weight machines - 40 mins on the bike

Last edited:
Thursday

breakfast - 2 slices of WW wholemeal bread (HEB), allowance of cheese (HEA)
lunch - tomato based pasta with various different veg - bought so i'm going to use (5 syns) cause i really dont know how it was made
dinner - pasta n sauce macaroni cheese
snacks - 2 light alpen bars (HEB), an apple, packet of mikados (8 syns), 2 scran bran (1 syn)

walked to work and back - 35 mins each way

an hour a the gym, 5 mins on rowing machine, 50 reps on various weight machines and 30 mins on bike

Friday

Breakfast - 2 slices of ww wholemeal bread (HEB) - allowance of cheese (HEA)

lunch - baked potato with cheese (HEA) and tuna mayo (2 syns) with side salad

dinner - grilled peppers, 2 homemade scotch eggs, broccolli and cauliflower

snack - packet of morrisons eat smart pretzels (4.5 syns), 2 lemon cous cous muffins

walked to work and back - 35 mins each way

an hour at the gym - various different weight machines 50 reps each, 5 mins of rowing machine, 30 mins on bike.

Saturday -

breakfast - 2 fat free morrisons sausages, 2 bits of bacon, 4 slices of ww wholemeal bread (2 X HEB)

snack - 2 lemon cous cous cakes.

lunch - arrabiata pasta and a side salad at Frankie and Bennys (????)

dinner - arrabiata pasta from Pizza Hut (??????)

Can anybody help with the syns from these? xx

Sunday

breakfast - omlette with morrisons fat free sausage, slice of bacon, pepper
dinner - roast pork and sweet pepper wedges
snack - packet of mikados (8 syns), lemon couscous muffin, 4 scan bran (2 syns)

Back