Stretch Marks

Samprand

WILL do it!
Hey guys, I was just wondering where, if anywhere, you have stretch marks? I seem to have LOADS - some on my shoulder just by my neck, at the edges of my shoulder blades, down the sides of my ribs all the way down to my hips, above my belly button, around my lower belly, on my hips, thighs, back of my knees and on my calves. It's so depressing, esecially with hotter weather coming. I always have to cover myself up to hide the stretch marks and end up being boiling hot and sweaty. I'm 5'2 and never been any bigger than a size 20, is it just me or does this not seem big enough to explain the huge amount of stretch marks? :sigh:

Ive got loads too, and its not just about size, but about speed of weight gain - I first got them on by breasts and hips when I hit adolescence, and everything sprouted rather quickly!

Makes sense - I've always been quite up and down with my weight but mostly up lol but it just seems really random places to get them e.g. top of my shoulder. Forgot to say in my rant that I've got them on the inner part of my upper arms too - they all used to be dark red/purple-ish but now are almost all light white or silvery lines. Not so noticable I guess but I'm always aware of them :(

I'm EXACTLY the same as you, I have loads everywhere. And i'm really worried that when I lose all the weight, I still won't be able to go bare armed or wear a bikini (god forbid) because of my stretchmarks. Pretty much all of them are silvery white, but I'm still afraid to go bare armed etc. I've been overweight since about the same time I hit adolesence and they occurred pretty quickly, though I had no stretchmarks on my stomach until I was about 18, so I guess that was down to weight gain. Anyway, I guess we shall have to wait and see =(

It just seems so unfair that some people have babies etc and have NONE! Not one single line GRRR!!! How is that even possible! I wouldn't mind going bare armed so much if it wasn't for my damn bingo wings lol

It's all about your skins elasticity, drink plenty of water and moisturise and they will fade and go away in time.

Gosh I have loads, since childhood my weights gone up and down from 15stones to 12ish stones, that's what it's done to me, my back, stomach, legs, arms, and theyre not small they are huge stretch marks, I feel like i've given birth and that's the result of it, such a demotivator.

me too fatty2slim, i sometimes think if i had children at least i'd have an excuse for the stretch marks lol

I'm covered too, boobs, arms, stomach, back! It's awful!!! I've tried bio oil, cocoa butter etc but they havnt faded yet! Sigh!!! :-/

Like u say, it's depressing to think you are losing the weight but then still want to cover up & feel self conscious coz of stretch marks. X

i have two boys 18 months between them and i got tons on my belly.. but before i feel pregant i got loads on the back of my legs ( i think the worst place ) i hate wearing a skirt without leggings because they just seem so red there where as in other places they have gone silvery

Back