Struggling for ideas!!!

I didn't get chance to make the wraps have had a hectic weekend but managed to get my bridesmaid dresses sorted so very pleased!!!

I'm not sure if the lasagne has turned out a bit carby because I altered the recipe slightly. I've worked it out at 9g a serving.

I'll give you the original recipe rather than my adaptation.

Fry up some mince, once done add in some chopped onions, mushrooms & cherry toms, put to one side.

Then fry up some sliced courgettes & aubergines (sliced lengthways), put to one side.

make a cheese sauce with grated cheese, cream, egg & seasoning.

Layer it all up in baking tin.... mince, courgette, mince, aubergine. Then pour the cheese sauce over the top, put in oven on low for 15 - 25 mins.

I've really enjoyed and not had time to eat anything else today so I'm hoping the scales will be kind tomorrow!!!

Diaries I've missed putting up...

Friday
B = 2 boiled eggs
L = salmon & spinach
D = tuna steak & stir fry veg

5 pints of water 1 coffee

Sat
B = lidl sausage & bacon
L = chicken & ratatouille
D = chicken salad

3 pints of water 1 coffee 2 Pepsi max

Sunday

2 mini pepperami
Lasagne

1 coffee 3 pints of water.

How has everyone's weekend been? X

Ooh what colour bridesmaid dresses

Latte!!! I love them they're beautiful! That was the only big thing I had left to do so feeling relieved now!!

How was your weekend? X

Ooh lovely. Was good thankyou drank too much but haven't had much of an appetite. !

Struggling today I got on the scales and I haven't lost anything since Saturday. Feeling really disheartened!

It has made me re look at my menu though and the 2 coffees I was having had milk in which I know is bad so I've been and bought soya milk today! Other than that I just don't know what to do :(

Hi Sammy, congrats on losing so much already!
I know it sounds crazy but looking at your daily eating diary, I don't think you are eating enough!....Asparagus is good for water retention..eat it and pee..and pee...and pee! :)

Oh brilliant thank you! I love asparagus too!

I'm scared to eat more a undo what I've already done! What should I be eating more of the meats & fish??? Thank u x

Oh brilliant thank you! I love asparagus too!

I'm scared to eat more a undo what I've already done! What should I be eating more of the meats & fish??? Thank u x

Try knocking back the fattier meats and using sauces with dryer meat..ie chicken..add piri piri flakes and low fat cream cheese or peppercorns...BTW, are you using the Atkins bars at all...I found they retarded my weight loss ..youve had brill results so far , so don't be discouraged x

Thanks for that x not been eating the Atkins bars think they're expensive and still quite high in carbs so I've stayed away from them!

Lost 2lbs this week - not ecstatic but at least it's a loss!!!

That's a good loss hun, 2lbs every week would be amazing! :)

On the eating front, the thing about low carb is that some days you won't feel like much at all - and other days you want to eat the entire contents of the fridge! As long as you make sure you get your veg in there, I would say eat when you're hungry, and don't force it.

If you want to do induction properly, then you must avoid low fat products - because you need the fat on Atkins for it to work. There's lots on youtube, the net (eg Gary Taubes) and the stickies here to explain why fats are good for you. When people talk about clean and green here, they mean protein and veg (usually cooked in oil or butter) and avoiding cream and cheese - because both can stall some people.

And thanks for the lasagna recipe - again though, watch things like tomatoes, they are higher in carbs than other veg and really shouldn't be featuring in induction eating plans.

Hope that helps :)

Thank you :-D

Today's diary

B = bacon
L = chicken salad
D = home made burgers on oopsie rolls
S = ham

2 coffees 5 pints of water

Well done on the two pounds:). I know it feels slow but low carb does work and if stick to it the weight really does come off:). Good luck!

Today's diary

B = scrambled eggs
L = courgette soup
D =left over lasagne

2 coffees 1 Pepsi max 5 pints of water x

Thank u all for messages of encouragement I'm feeling happier about my 2lbs now :)

Courgette soup mmmm my favourite :)

And how did you get on making the oopsie rolls? I tried once but it was a complete kitchen fail...:eek:

I'd never had courgette soup before and i really enjoyed it!!! Will defo be having it again!

The 1st attempt at oopsie rolls weren't great but i don't think i cooked them long enough so the Mr made more to have with our home made burgers and they were much better i was quite impressed.

I don't think id make them to have with soup tho as i imagine they would dissolve then there would be egg in my soup :-/

Just made breakfast wraps. They went quite well I was pleased with them! The other half enjoyed them too! I'm stuffed now!!!! X :-D

Oh I couldn't make them but am an ace at oopsies ;)

Oh and how about making a min for your soup slathered in butter ?

Back