Stupid things that make you go "yes" Bathtime

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by Wish, 19 August 2011 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. Wish

Wish Silver Member

Start Weight:
    100.7kg
    Current Weight:
    64.9kg
    Goal Weight:
    70.8kg
    Lost(%):
    35.8kg(35.59%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting/Low Fat
    I haven't had a bath since before I properly started my weight loss 6 weeks ago (have showers everyday instead);) This afternoon I felt a bit achey after doing some cycling on the exercise bike and a long hot soak was calling me and it would have been rude not to:p

Anyway, while in the bath, I noticed there was a lot more space in it then there used to be, I wasn't actually blocking the water on both sides of me anymore and it was just one of the moments, when I smiled to myself and went "YES" its happening, its working and I am noticing the effects :D

I know its probably a bit of a daft post, but have you had any "Yes" moments?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Shirleen

Shirleen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(2.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Oh well done! It'll be a long time before that happens to me, I have so much to lose.

Yesterday, I've been doing C25K, well I started last week and could only manage 3x30 second runs, then 3x 1 minute runs, then 5x 1 minute runs, until yesterday and I managed all 8x 1 minute runs!!!!

I was grinning like a maniac during the 7th run because I knew I could do it!

4. bugsbunny2000

bugsbunny2000 Proud to be a LOSER :)

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(15.51%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Aww what a lovely post :) also glad to know you have still been showering in between baths, otherwise i'd be worried lol ;)

My first 'yes' moment came after about 2-3 weeks into SW once I had 7lbs. I saw some linen trousers in ASDA for £15. I'm quite short and find linen trousers usually drag on the floor but these were elasticated at the ankle. Perfect! Well, I tried on the size 10 a week after starting SW and they did up but my fat was still pouring over the sides and wouldn't be able to sit down... lol so i thought "okay... one day..."

Went back in 2 weeks later. Bought them on the notion that "eventually I will lose weight so why the hell not?!" and when I got them home and tried them on... THEY FIT. I couldn't believe it. I was wearing a SIZE 10. I hadn't been able to do that for about 7 years!! Wanna know the best bit? They only cost £7 because they were reduced in the sale! Pretty smug that I DIDN'T buy them 2 weeks beforehand.

So yeah.. my first 'yes' moment.

My second? Yes, second! 10lbs lighter I went into Primark and found a huge section of maxi dresses. As mentioned, I'm a short-arse at 5"3 and never thought I could 'pull off' a maxi dress. But I tried on the 10 (optimistic) and it was beautiful... just a bit loose. So tried on the SIZE 8 :) beautiful! perfect! I then tried on another style - surely the first was a fluke - but no. it was there in black and white. Another SIZE 8. They are my favourite dresses because, even though i'm the only one who knows that they're a size 8 - that confidence radiates when i'm wearing them making me feel beautiful!! And what's more, even after gaining 7.5lbs in July while working for a summer camp, the dresses still look beautiful - i'd recommend to anyone, they hide your lumps and bumps but show off those beautiful curves :D
    xxx

5. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - The one that works!
    My biggest yes moment is shouting in an exaggeratedly loud voice "Excuse me have you got these in a 32 or even 30, pet"

Usually just after the "YES!" bit when 34s are too big:cool:

Even now I still marvel/wonder where the 12+ inches off the waist went! - I still expect to be struggling with 42s never mind 32s being saggy/baggy:eek:

I wonder if one ever gets used to that?

6. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    107kg
    Current Weight:
    85kg
    Goal Weight:
    79kg
    Lost(%):
    22kg(20.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Sitting in a bucket chair we have without touching the sides..........a real yes moment.

7. jade-ox

jade-ox Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.08%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Be able to fit into my work trousers properly was my YES moment :) .. also hopefully in september on my birthday fitting nicely into a beautiful lipsy dress i bought a few months before especially! :) x

8. Lukasmummy

Lukasmummy Former SW Target Member

Start Weight:
    18st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st3lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.5lb(12.79%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World/Weight Watchers
    Trying on the size 20 maternity jeans I was convinced wouldn't go past my hips and finding they were actually baggy, I didn't even want to smack hubby when he started gloating and saying I told you so lol. Hugs Crystal xx

9. Wish

Wish Silver Member

Start Weight:
    100.7kg
    Current Weight:
    64.9kg
    Goal Weight:
    70.8kg
    Lost(%):
    35.8kg(35.59%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting/Low Fat
    Awww so pleased to read so many "yes" moments, keep em coming :)

10. BrightonMark

BrightonMark Trying... Really Trying.

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.56%)
    Diet:
    Atkins!
    I changed companies 2 months ago, and I bumped into my old boss who NEVER compliments anything! She almost sneered at me and said "God, arent they feeding you in your new job?". She meant it as a sarky comment, I am claiming it as a compliment, so not only did she notice my loss of 2 stone, she actually got to see I was happier and healthier in my new job! Two yesses at once!

11. jo-85

jo-85 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    17st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(1.25%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers
    I didn't think this till the other day but realising that I haven't had heartburn for 3 weeks since being on my diet. Nothing major to anybody else im sure but was a nice realisation for me and im looking forward to many more :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.