Stupid things that make you go "yes" Bathtime

Wish

Silver Member
I haven't had a bath since before I properly started my weight loss 6 weeks ago (have showers everyday instead);) This afternoon I felt a bit achey after doing some cycling on the exercise bike and a long hot soak was calling me and it would have been rude not to:p

Anyway, while in the bath, I noticed there was a lot more space in it then there used to be, I wasn't actually blocking the water on both sides of me anymore and it was just one of the moments, when I smiled to myself and went "YES" its happening, its working and I am noticing the effects :D

I know its probably a bit of a daft post, but have you had any "Yes" moments?

Oh well done! It'll be a long time before that happens to me, I have so much to lose.

Yesterday, I've been doing C25K, well I started last week and could only manage 3x30 second runs, then 3x 1 minute runs, then 5x 1 minute runs, until yesterday and I managed all 8x 1 minute runs!!!!

I was grinning like a maniac during the 7th run because I knew I could do it!

Aww what a lovely post :) also glad to know you have still been showering in between baths, otherwise i'd be worried lol ;)

My first 'yes' moment came after about 2-3 weeks into SW once I had 7lbs. I saw some linen trousers in ASDA for £15. I'm quite short and find linen trousers usually drag on the floor but these were elasticated at the ankle. Perfect! Well, I tried on the size 10 a week after starting SW and they did up but my fat was still pouring over the sides and wouldn't be able to sit down... lol so i thought "okay... one day..."

Went back in 2 weeks later. Bought them on the notion that "eventually I will lose weight so why the hell not?!" and when I got them home and tried them on... THEY FIT. I couldn't believe it. I was wearing a SIZE 10. I hadn't been able to do that for about 7 years!! Wanna know the best bit? They only cost £7 because they were reduced in the sale! Pretty smug that I DIDN'T buy them 2 weeks beforehand.

So yeah.. my first 'yes' moment.

My second? Yes, second! 10lbs lighter I went into Primark and found a huge section of maxi dresses. As mentioned, I'm a short-arse at 5"3 and never thought I could 'pull off' a maxi dress. But I tried on the 10 (optimistic) and it was beautiful... just a bit loose. So tried on the SIZE 8 :) beautiful! perfect! I then tried on another style - surely the first was a fluke - but no. it was there in black and white. Another SIZE 8. They are my favourite dresses because, even though i'm the only one who knows that they're a size 8 - that confidence radiates when i'm wearing them making me feel beautiful!! And what's more, even after gaining 7.5lbs in July while working for a summer camp, the dresses still look beautiful - i'd recommend to anyone, they hide your lumps and bumps but show off those beautiful curves :D
xxx

My biggest yes moment is shouting in an exaggeratedly loud voice "Excuse me have you got these in a 32 or even 30, pet"

Usually just after the "YES!" bit when 34s are too big:cool:

Even now I still marvel/wonder where the 12+ inches off the waist went! - I still expect to be struggling with 42s never mind 32s being saggy/baggy:eek:

I wonder if one ever gets used to that?

Sitting in a bucket chair we have without touching the sides..........a real yes moment.

Be able to fit into my work trousers properly was my YES moment :) .. also hopefully in september on my birthday fitting nicely into a beautiful lipsy dress i bought a few months before especially! :) x

Trying on the size 20 maternity jeans I was convinced wouldn't go past my hips and finding they were actually baggy, I didn't even want to smack hubby when he started gloating and saying I told you so lol. Hugs Crystal xx

Awww so pleased to read so many "yes" moments, keep em coming :)

I changed companies 2 months ago, and I bumped into my old boss who NEVER compliments anything! She almost sneered at me and said "God, arent they feeding you in your new job?". She meant it as a sarky comment, I am claiming it as a compliment, so not only did she notice my loss of 2 stone, she actually got to see I was happier and healthier in my new job! Two yesses at once!

Back