Consolidation Sue's on conso til April

why didnt that work

Attachments

• DSCF2004.jpg
    DSCF2004.jpg
    413.8 KB · Views: 41
Hi Sue - wow STUNNING pic from Ascot!! GOOD LUCK with the smoking too - you don't do things by halves, do you?

hi sue wow wot a lovley pic and good luck with the smoking too !!!!

Thanks guys, it was great to buy a nice dress and feel good in it!!

Anja i have been using my weight as an excuse not to quit smoking for the last ........... um while. Now my weight is under control i need to take control of my health. I have been smoking for 22 years now and i have two children under three. So im going to give it my all. Although the pills i am on make me feel absolutely horrible with nausea, headaches and a general feeling of BLAH! Monday is quit day for me. But today i have only had 3 so far and its 3pm :D

Foodwise have had a good week(not such a good wend again). Ate the most delicious juicy mango this morning. So much better than any chocolate or desert. I think my VMC is going to have to be my replacement smoking food, i will cut it into little squares.

Best of luck with the quitting smoking, Sue. My husband swears by patches - he puts one on and waits for it to fall off:confused: and while he has a patch, in his mind he can't smoke (I think it stays on about a week until it can't resist water any more). That said, he's smoking just now (although he's stopping soon...as ever. He says this time he will stay stopped, so we will see).

You're looking great in your photo!

thanks ladies, my first day of not smoking today. Was really good up until around 3pm and i have been wanting one since then. Will go to bed soon so i dont cave.

Well havent been on forever so not much point posting a week of menus. Had homemade satay chicken and rice for my carb meal this week and had pork spareribs, chips and salad with two glasses of sparkly wine for my celebration meal (didnt eat many chips). I'll do todays so i can track some of what im eating incase something goes wrong

b-protien shake (pills make me so sick i cant eat in the morning)
l-ham, lettuce and mustard sandwich
s-some creamy cheddar with garlic and herb cheese
d-teryaki chicken and salad
s- a nestle diet creme caramel

Thankfully these stop smoking pills make me feel so sick im not replacing smokes with food. But i have a long long list of side effects that i dont think i can handle for the next 11 weeks so im going to see my Dr on thursday and see what he recommends. The worst of them diet wise are bloating and bad self body image. Lately when i look in the mirror i feel as tho i need to lose at least another 10kg!! Whereas two weeks ago i was more than happy with my weight.

Brilliant work on becoming an non-smoker today! Those pills sound nasty, what are they actually suppose to do (I mean, what aspect of smoking do they attack) - apart from make you feel horrible.

My brother in law stopped from one day to the other going cold turkey, and he's not looked back since, and my mother in law stopped when Scotland put in the smoking ban. I think she used patches but it worked well.

GOOD LUCK!

The pills are called 'Champix' and no Jo they dont contain nicotine, rather they do something to the receptors in your brain that want you to smoke. But most of the non smoking pills like that here are actually anti depressants which they stumbled across in studies that people taking them stopped smoking. I dont think that is a very responsible thing to give to non depressed people especially considering the way i feel at the moment. But hey they work and a few friends of mine have taken them and no longer smoke. So if i have to feel like crap for 12 weeks then so be it cos my kids dont need a mum who smokes!!

Thanks ladies and i will have a look at the book Jo.

Today celebration or carb meal depending on how naughty i am with Indian. I had butter chicken, some rogan josh, spicy dahl, naan bread, pappadams and rice, with a glass of wine. mmmmmmm yum yum. Guess i better get something out for the family for dinner lol, i havent yet and its after 2. oops

t

Today is a stinking 39C so hubby had a day off work and we took the kids to the pools and i decided to wear a pair bathers that i had bought back before i started the diet that looked hideous and i am still not happy with the way i look in a swimsuit. So i have decided as of monday i am going back on the diet and going to keep losing weight until i am happy with the way i look or hubby says stop lol. I found the diet so easy that i dont see why i should be satisfied being a size 12 and still having to wear shorts when i swim. So i'll have to work out how to change the title of my diary.

Do i need to go back onto attack?

Day 5 of not smoking and i have had maybe 3 smokes in that time and thats only because hubby had a couple of drinks and he smokes when he drinks and i am weak and caved on two separate occasions. I think it will be better for me dieting and trying to quit too so i dont start eating crap out of boredom. The dr told me to halve my pills and so far today i havent felt too bad, so fingers crossed.

must get off this laptop, its making me HOT

That's a real shame Kids...; and are you sure you'd not be better waiting perhaps until after Christmas?

You don't have a signature, so I don't remember your stats (weight, height, highest ever weight, how much you lost etc.). If you lost a lot of weight, you really need to give your EYES and BRAIN time to catch up with the new you before you can accept yourself and SEE YOURSELF as you are now, and as others see you. Distorted body image is a very typical problem with newly slim people, particularly because, when overweight, we tend to focus on our makeup and hair and not LOOK at ourselves.

Up to you of course - yes you'd need 3PPs to start off again...

For the cigs, "just say NOPE" (Not One Puff Ever). Each time you just have one, you're refamiliarising yourself with the substance... Addicts can never go there again... (alas! sniffle!).

Righteo re Champix - have heard of it.

Sorry Jo but i cant work out how to put it up (yes im sad lol) and i need to convert everything.

Height 170cm
current weight 68kg
heaviest weight (after birth of my son) 94kg
start weight on dukan 85kg
weight lost on dukan 17kg

Before my kids i was always around my current weight, sometimes as low as 65kg, i even fit into all of those clothes now, but my body has changed after having the two kids and i just figure if i can lose 17kg in 15 weeks, why cant i be a size 8 if i want to be!!!! lol I know i need to do alot of toning but with my time restrictions having the two kids its easier to lose more weight. As for waiting til after christmas...... I could have lost 4kg before then :D

I need a new addiction, losing weight could be it. Stupid nicotine

Well done on cutting right down. Good luck coming back on the diet.

My dad gave up smoking before moving to his current house, it was new and he didnt want it smokey (so mum has to hang out the door to smoke). He went down to 1 a day, at the end of the day in the months before the move and hasnt smoked since they moved there.

Hey kids... No need to convert for me 170 and 68K is good but, yes, if you're not happy with that, and before kids were 65K if you think that would make you happier, why not?

I can say though that my initial target was 70K. Then 67.5K. Then I even got to 63K with Dukan in 2007. But never did I think I was looking good. I always saw there was room for improvement and, of course, our skin also needs some time to catch up with us after a large weight loss.

You're right that you "could" theoretically lose 4K before Christmas, but you'll be entering the season in ketosis, without having reintroduced, so the weight HIKE in the event of some Christmas fun could be higher than if you continue to reintroduce properly now!

We're with you, whatever you decide...

Jaq - that's a good idea. We've just changed our net curtains in the city for the first time since my quitting smoking, and gosh the new pristine white ones really show up the cigarette tarnished cream paint work near the ceiling... I never noticed it before!

Am I right in thinking that xmas in Australia would be easier than xmas here...I know in the summer I eat better generally than here in the winter...

x

Back