Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

Thanks Rayvern :) I'm just a bit worried that its the start of another plateau. I am going to jump ship straight onto red days to see if that shakes things up for me a bit

*Drowns sorrows in a plate of tuna salad*

Well you've lost a truck load already!! I find i lose more on red days, so maybe the reds will kick start things for you.
I know its extreme but in the past when i've lost weight, when i hit a point when nothing seems to shift i found a weekend off and then getting straight back on seemed to kick start my metabolism and weight loss. A weekend of fish and chips, chocolate and wine and i'd start losing again. Seems silly but it worked for me!
Hope you lose next week hun, you deserve a decent loss. xx

I put on 0.5lbs this week which i am really happy with since my scales were saying a 3lbs gain :eek: I knew i was going to gain due to my 1 1/2 day off plan. I'm glad that 5 1/2 days of 100% can limit the damage

I'm also going to try out some red days to support Smartie and to boost my own weight loss because i've been playing hte same few pounds since Decemeber time. If you all have any tips for red days will be very helpful :)

OMG Smartie! What a bummer :( You really deserved a good loss this week. Might be time to bring out the big guns.....Davina...da, da, daaaaa! :eek: She is free and might scare the bejebus out of your metabolism. Hang in there wee man :) x

Well done Sum on your teeny, gracious gain :D

blue*smartie said:
1.5 on :sigh: to say I am a bit peed off would be an understatement. 2 weeks of 100% and what do I get? A STS and a gain

Kicks up the bum will be appreciated to try and keep my mojo going as its running out of steam lol

Sum said:
I put on 0.5lbs this week which i am really happy with since my scales were saying a 3lbs gain :eek: I knew i was going to gain due to my 1 1/2 day off plan. I'm glad that 5 1/2 days of 100% can limit the damage

I'm also going to try out some red days to support Smartie and to boost my own weight loss because i've been playing hte same few pounds since Decemeber time. If you all have any tips for red days will be very helpful :)

It must be so nice that you can support each other.
Smartie- just write it off, you have done so well and I know you will lose it again

I rarely do red days- however, I would go for salads- thus week I had SYN free sausage and bacon salad. I also make Thai Salmon Burgers which I have with salad. The weather is so nice to do this at the mo.

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks guys :) I am feeling a bit more psitive now - but I also know that I need to take action - my last plateau lasted about 3 months :eek: and I am not going to let that happen again

I aint getting Davina out of the cupboard-she can stay in there :p I am going to borrow Sum's shred DVD when she has finished with it

ps Has anyone seen Sparky about? I dont remember seeing her on Sunday's weigh in, or is she off on her hols?

To the smurfy twins - I knew Sum was going to have a gain when I saw Smartie's weight. I'm sorry Sum but it was inevitable.

Anyway, you two are going to pale into insignificance by the size of my gain when I post on Tuesday. I was already 4lb up this morning from last Sundays weigh in, and that is BEFORE my weekend of gourmet food and wine. It's not going to get any better !!

Smartie - do you keep a written food diary ? I find that even though (before this week - eeek !) I was pretty much on plan all the time, when I write stuff down I have better losses (4 weeks ago 0.5 off, 0.5 off then wrote food diary 2.5 off). I agree with trying to drink more and a bit more superfree. Is it worth looking at your portion sizes ??? Not necessarily restricting them but thinking about what you need/want - I tend to weigh my rice/pasta now, not to 'restrict' myself but just because if I cook too much, I'll eat it all and I don't actually need it - if I want more, I can have more. I still eat loads though.

Big hugs to both of you. Glad your synchronising scales didn't let me down :p

Gail x

Sorry to read your mojo is wobbling Smartie, I'm sure that with a bit of tinkering & tweaking to what you are eating plus if absolutely necessary some jiggling about (otherwise known as exercise) should get you back to your losing ways ... or losing weighs, either works! :p

Man, I hate being gloomy but just wanted to let you all know what is happening here. My m-i-l finally passed away on Wednesday night (Oz time). It's been a grim few days made worse by family squabbling, and all of it totally unnecessary. I was lucky i guess that I didn't have any of that crap to deal with when my own parents passed away. Anyway, to add to all this, OH because of the stress he has been under, had a couple of seizures this morning (he is epileptic) so it was back to calling out ambulances and a stay in the Emergency Department. I'm going to apply for a job there soon (seriously!) I spend so much time there that they might as well pay me!

As you can imagine, food has not been my priority the last couple of weeks and I have not been weighing myself as I didn't want to know!

Thanks for all the kind wishes that have been sent to me during the course of mum's last few weeks, they are very much appreciated.

I'll be back to normal inane service soon, just need to get the next few days out of the way!

Good luck to all at Sunday's weigh in :fingerscrossed:

Oh dear! Tough times for so many o. The Sunday thread.
Ozzie: so sorry to hear about mil and also now your poor man. Good he has you to support him. Xx

Gail: you will be back with bells on before you know it!!

Sum and Smartie: grr. Sorry to hear about gains. We don't like gains but they happen! I agree with the others about upping some exercise if you can, it is making a huge difference to me. Some weight loss, lots of inch loss and lots of feel good factor.

I hope you all get the chance to do something positive today for yourselves.
X

had a sneaky jump on the scales this morning and have a 0.5lb gain!! Said in my diary yesterday that I didn't feel as if I was getting anywhere this week despite being focussed on the plan.

Lots of salad over the next 2 days to see if it can shift it! If I have to STS sobeit, but I don't want a gain if possible.

Will teach me to keep off the blasted things!! ;)
x

Have a lovely weekend all, the weather is beautiful here, I hope it is wherever you are xx

Sorry to hear your sad news Moz. I hope DH is ok also. All thoughts are with you

Kx

I'm really sorry to hear about your MIL Moz, (((Big Hugs to you and your family))) May she rest in peace. I hope you OH is ok too

Xx

Moz,

So sorry to hear your news. My thoughts are with you.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Dawn,

My weight often varies so if you have been on plan stick with it. Sometimes my weight drops only several days after I've been on plan for a good few days. Big hugs to you too because I know you are also having a difficult time. Thinking of you and your family.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Hello wonderful Sunday weighers!
Just wanted to say - I'm in Morocco, back tomorrow, proper update then... But needed to quickly confess... Have been 'trying' to stay on plan but all inclusive at a 5* hotel ... This has been proving difficult!
Every option you can imagine for breakfast, two courses for lunch and then some mega million choice options for dinner! Eek!
Lots of fruit, salad & fresh veggies so hoping I've not done too badly.
On another plus note - apart from ONE piña colada, I have been sticking to spirits,water & peppermint teas!
Off for a seaweed wrap in the spa - perhaps this will help! Ha ha ha! Have a Good Easter everyone! AND good luck with your weigh Ins!!! x

Hello wonderful Sunday weighers!
Just wanted to say - I'm in Morocco, back tomorrow, proper update then... But needed to quickly confess... Have been 'trying' to stay on plan but all inclusive at a 5* hotel ... This has been proving difficult!
Every option you can imagine for breakfast, two courses for lunch and then some mega million choice options for dinner! Eek!
Lots of fruit, salad & fresh veggies so hoping I've not done too badly.
On another plus note - apart from ONE piña colada, I have been sticking to spirits,water & peppermint teas!
Off for a seaweed wrap in the spa - perhaps this will help! Ha ha ha! Have a Good Easter everyone! AND good luck with your weigh Ins!!! x

Goodness, that sounds lovely! Hope that you had a fabulous holiday elaine!

Good morning beatiful people,

how are we all today?

ive had a rubbish sw week- well not rubbish, but its been the most rubbish so far i think. too much on my plate at the moment :( so wouldnt be surprised if i have another gain this week. will see on monday.

went to the lovely kew gardens yesterday in london.. such a big park.. so relaxing and peaceful and scentic. was lovely.. did lots of walking too :)

saturday today and my husband wants to go to beacon hill in leicestershire- another scenic place.. anyone been there? we were supposed to be in te lake district this weekend but my husbands back is quite bad so he cant sit down for long periods of time.

anyway, have a lovely saturday girls and boys.. xx

Roziee said:
Good morning beatiful people,

how are we all today?

ive had a rubbish sw week- well not rubbish, but its been the most rubbish so far i think. too much on my plate at the moment :( so wouldnt be surprised if i have another gain this week. will see on monday.

went to the lovely kew gardens yesterday in london.. such a big park.. so relaxing and peaceful and scentic. was lovely.. did lots of walking too :)

saturday today and my husband wants to go to beacon hill in leicestershire- another scenic place.. anyone been there? we were supposed to be in te lake district this weekend but my husbands back is quite bad so he cant sit down for long periods of time.

anyway, have a lovely saturday girls and boys.. xx

Another beautiful day Rosie!
Spent yesterday weeding the driveway- suffering today- blister on hand ,scratches on fingers and aching!! And my sneaky peak yesterday was 1lb loss and the scales flashed at the 10 stone mark briefly before flashing back to the 11's . But a sneaky peak today put me back to STS- :fingerscrossed: for tomorrows WI.

Made my famous chocolate solid Easter eggs to take to friends as they are BBQ ing for us. And will be hiding Easter eggs for the kids to find today. Plus I need to make them theirs too . My son wants a large solid egg and my daughter wants a solid bunny. They have chosen their chocolate , so now I need to melt it and pour and set.

Have a lovely day

Kx

Back