Sunday Weighers... or is it only me?

My SW brain says, take food in Tues & Fri, Wed will just have to happen. My naughty brain says, you are always on diet when there's a Chinese, enjoy it all!! But don't moan at weigh in.

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

:angeldevil: Good luck with the voices :D

Well done Why_d :bunnydance: What's your total weight loss now?

Well, after 2 weeks of complete craziness and eating anything & everything , I got back on those scales and can report a 7lb gain- taking me back to my 1st weigh in of the year!!
I restarted a few times & failed , but yesterday , even with a major sore throat, I restarted, and was 100%!!

I'm worried about this week as :-
Tues - lunch at work is a Chinese!!!
Wed - I'm on a course in London
Fri - lunch provided for as a farewell meal to a colleague

My SW brain says, take food in Tues & Fri, Wed will just have to happen. My naughty brain says, you are always on diet when there's a Chinese, enjoy it all!! But don't moan at weigh in.

Kx

92lbs - been hovering around this figure for a while, but happy enough at the moment as long as i don't gain too much and can get it off quickish, lol

as for the Chinese, go have it, but have a low syn option, such as a chow mein (8.5) or something in a black bean sauce (5.0) - boiled rice is free!!!. the key is not to tell yourself you're restricting your diet or saying you're not allowed anything. it's all about moderation and making positive choices. the positive choice here is having a chinese with your work colleagues and the positive choice is what you chose from the menu. if you like the look of something else get the person next to you to order it and steal a fork full, they'll not mind it it'll just be an extra syn or so

with regards to Fri, there's no harm sticking a mugshot and a fruit salad in your bag. if there's nothing suitable to eat when out then dont eat, chat, have a laugh and when you have 5 mins throw the mug shot down your neck etc.

ABSOLUTELY GUTTED :cry:

1 lb on, so NOT deserved. The challenge now is to keep my head right and not blow it thinking "what's the point?".

Oh, and my OH's response? Aw well maybe you're just not meant to be thin :copon:

Don't worry and don't give up - you can do this xxx
In week 5 I put on a 1lb so know how you feel but in 7 weeks I have lost a stone and am so chuffed because usually I give up so easily especially after a bad day :D

I gained 5lbs this week - truely gutted!! So close to my target and now not so close!! :-(
But well done to all those who have lost!! Joining this thread is motivating!!

Well my strategy this week has worked! Miracle of miracles I have lost 3lbs! Thank you to all of you for keeping my spirits up this last week. Good luck everyone!

Me too - 3lbs gone and have now lost a stone and achieved my silver body magic award :D
Feeling so much better - still a long way to go :eek: but am on my way xxxxx

Hope everyone else is ok xxx

1lb off .....still a loss but brain says MUST TRY HARDER. Off work all next week so planning to dig out a fitness dvd.....I say planning lol I have massive cravings for pancakes :eek:(

why_d said:
92lbs - been hovering around this figure for a while, but happy enough at the moment as long as i don't gain too much and can get it off quickish, lol

as for the Chinese, go have it, but have a low syn option, such as a chow mein (8.5) or something in a black bean sauce (5.0) - boiled rice is free!!!. the key is not to tell yourself you're restricting your diet or saying you're not allowed anything. it's all about moderation and making positive choices. the positive choice here is having a chinese with your work colleagues and the positive choice is what you chose from the menu. if you like the look of something else get the person next to you to order it and steal a fork full, they'll not mind it it'll just be an extra syn or so

with regards to Fri, there's no harm sticking a mugshot and a fruit salad in your bag. if there's nothing suitable to eat when out then dont eat, chat, have a laugh and when you have 5 mins throw the mug shot down your neck etc.

Thanks Why_d. The Chinese will be preordered, so I won't know what will be ordered. I think I will take food with incase and, like you say have plain rice or a chow mein if there is anything . It's difficult as there will be lotsa dishes which will be shared amongst lotsa people.

Kc

Hey all, well done for showing up and weighing in, that's what counts!!

Lost 0.5 lbs this week - am ridiculously pleased with that, because I thought I'd gained. Anyway, that's 122 lbs gone. Feel super happy this morning!!

Morning all :eek: I am struggling and have put on a tonne. Nuff said.

I am back today to try for one good week. I might need to tie my hands behind my back and wear a hockey mask, but I will have a good week! *prays to SW fairies for some mojo*

Well done to all the Sunday Gang for your good work and congrats on your successess :) xxx

silly sausage said:

I am back today to try for one good week. I might need to tie my hands behind my back and wear a hockey mask, but I will have a good week! *prays to SW fairies for some mojo*

Well done to all the Sunday Gang for your good work and congrats on your successess :) xxx

I know how u r feeling SS . If you find the SW fairy, point her my way :)

KX

Hey Silly!!! I've been pining for you - am soooooooooooooo glad you're here today!!! It's going to be a great week, I know it. How about logging in each day just to motivate each other? We've been here so long on this journey, it's really difficult I know. baby steps and all that. I know you can do this, and if a hockey mask works then do it!!!

I am seriously in awe of the determination of those of you who have lost tons of weight even if occasionally you fall of the wagon. Why_d, honey29 and silly sausage - I would love to hear how you have done it? It is no wonder you have the occasional blip but hey - think about what you have achieved.

Hello, another struggler popping in :D I've fallen off the wagon soooooooo bad. So bad that I havent been to weigh in for 3 weeks :eek: A myriad of reasons for that ie weather, lack of money, lack of structure from being out of work and dare I say a bit depressed after all my efforts to get my degree and no job in sight :cry: but ultimately its been a complete lack of motivation and I couldnt justify the five pounds a week just to be told that I had gained again.

I start a mandatory work experience thingy tomoro for a month, hopefully that will give me some structure and a bit of get up and go. And stop this incessant comfort eating. I'm trying to be positive at the mo, I've spoken to the font of all sanity that is the infamous Sum and told her that if I dont lose over the next month then she is to drag me back to group by my short and curlies.

I have come too far to give up now and the thought of looking like I did when I was bigger still fills me with dread.

Wish me luck :)

blue*smartie said:
Hello, another struggler popping in :D I've fallen off the wagon soooooooo bad. So bad that I havent been to weigh in for 3 weeks :eek: A myriad of reasons for that ie weather, lack of money, lack of structure from being out of work and dare I say a bit depressed after all my efforts to get my degree and no job in sight :cry: but ultimately its been a complete lack of motivation and I couldnt justify the five pounds a week just to be told that I had gained again.

I start a mandatory work experience thingy tomoro for a month, hopefully that will give me some structure and a bit of get up and go. And stop this incessant comfort eating. I'm trying to be positive at the mo, I've spoken to the font of all sanity that is the infamous Sum and told her that if I dont lose over the next month then she is to drag me back to group by my short and curlies.

I have come too far to give up now and the thought of looking like I did when I was bigger still fills me with dread.

Wish me luck :)

Good luck hun. I don't know why it happens , but it certainly seems to happen to a lot of us. For me, even when off the wagon , I still stick to SW for breakfast, and continue to weigh out my cereal. I guess that after following SW for a good dare I say 20 years or thereabouts off and on, with all of its changes, it still works when it is followed. And I have reached my target weight and stayed there in the past (pre-pregnancy - both times).
I am starting again as I feel so unhealthy and uncomfortable. My spare tyre has appeared - aaarrrggghhhh - which means to me to stop eating stodgy bad stuff all day and every day!!

I hope Sum is well - I miss her not being here, she was so motivational on my diary ;-(

We can do it BS.

I look at Honeys posts when I am down, she is so fabulous!

Kx

after last weeks small but disappointing gain i had decided to try really hard this week and do it 100%. unforunity that hasn't happen so well as had afew treats as comfort eating due to nerves and worry about my surgery on friday. Have managed to go to the gym once this week but not the 3 i normall aim for so another not so good week on that either.

However am happy as managed to loose 3 1/2 lbs this week so nerves and stress doing something good at least :)

Well done to all this week. Also good luck for the coming week as may not be up to being on my computer next weekend

Good luck hun. I don't know why it happens , but it certainly seems to happen to a lot of us. For me, even when off the wagon , I still stick to SW for breakfast, and continue to weigh out my cereal. I guess that after following SW for a good dare I say 20 years or thereabouts off and on, with all of its changes, it still works when it is followed. And I have reached my target weight and stayed there in the past (pre-pregnancy - both times).
I am starting again as I feel so unhealthy and uncomfortable. My spare tyre has appeared - aaarrrggghhhh - which means to me to stop eating stodgy bad stuff all day and every day!!

I hope Sum is well - I miss her not being here, she was so motivational on my diary ;-(

We can do it BS.

I look at Honeys posts when I am down, she is so fabulous!

Kx

Thanks K :D I agree with you about the retraining, most of my shopping trolley was SW friendly - but I still continue to overeat or snack on the portion of my trolley that isnt SW friendly :(

I am now almost 1.5 stones (Gulp!!!!!) over my lowest weight and hardly any of my clothes fit me. I am refusing to buy more because thats how I got so big in the first place... buying a size bigger kidding myself it was more flattering because it fitted better, or it was a 'small' size 18 etc with the smaller clothes being pushed further and further back in the wardrobe. Before I knew it I was a size 22 :eek:

blue*smartie said:
Another incentive I have .... being chief bridesmaid at my sister's wedding. Dress has been ordered in a size 14, and I am most definitely a 16 at the moment.

Here it is :D

Black pleated colour block bandeau dress - Evening & party dresses - Dresses - Women -

That is gawgeous - and £50 too!! You will look beautiful- you can do it!!

Posting on each others diaries for support is a must. I will post on yours hun , are you restarting today?

Kx

Yeah, starting today ... although I weighed myself on Friday so will use that as my guide.

Maybe I can interest some others *cough* Sausage :p in a strugglers/get back on track thread

Back