Super Speed Soup

brilliant idea.. I like chunky veg but not keen on lentils etc in soups..

You can use whatever superspeed foods you like though - and add whatever spices you want. I like cumin and chilli to make it spicier or oregano and basil.

Just put this on the hob gonna have it fir my lunches, hope it works and tastes good! Have added chilli to it, can't wait to try it!

Oh wow - I've just had a taster cup - it's so nice :)

It makes so much I needed two saucepans. I've blended one and left the other chunky.

I'm going to mix the chunky one with pasta tomorrow for dinner.

is you put the pasta in dry tonight it will be nice and soft by tomorrow so all you need to do is nuke it to warm it up.. :)

I made this soup today and it's delicious! I didn't make as much though, as I don't have a slow cooker or really big pans, and I added veg stock cubes instead of beef with some cajun and garlic...I cannot believe how yummy this turned out! I was a bit sceptical about putting in a tin of beans, but you can barely taste them. And it's got a lovely creamy texture. I can't wait to have this for lunch again tomorrow - thanks for the recipe! :D

is you put the pasta in dry tonight it will be nice and soft by tomorrow so all you need to do is nuke it to warm it up.. :)

I didn't see this post until after we ate it - it went down well with myself and my children. Goes against all the rules doesn't it! 4 year old and 8 year old wolfing up a dish full of veg, beans and lentils :) Although I haven't raised my children to eat chips and yucky food I was expecting some resistance to this dish :confused:

My 8 year old had seconds and felt the need to eat a bit more later on!

I really hope my Super Speed Soup intake will acheive a weight lose this week - please :rolleyes:

I made some of this up yesterday and despite my original reservations when it all went in the pot, I was pleasantly surprised, it really is yummy, have had it for lunch in the last 2 days, weigh in tomorrow - fingers crossed :D

Im intrigued by this......

I'm not a huge soup fan but i do make my own tomato and chillie soup and leek and butternut squash soup so i may well give this a go, specially if you get good losses with it to.

How many people experienced a good loss after eating this soup??

Is there a soup that is suitable for red days as a speed soup?

Any superspeed veggies will make a great soup.

i love a simple roasted tomato and red pepper.

A Broccoli and cauliflower soup can be very tasty with onion and a dollop of fomage frais stirred in at the end.

Leek and celeriac? (like a leek and potato but free on Red)

A Broccoli and cauliflower soup can be very tasty with onion and a dollop of fomage frais stirred in at the end.
This is what my mum used to make when she was doing Slimming World. And oh my god, it's delish! You know, I think that's going to be tomorrow's tea! Thanks for the inspiration :)

This is what my mum used to make when she was doing Slimming World. And oh my god, it's delish! You know, I think that's going to be tomorrow's tea! Thanks for the inspiration :)

Oooh your welcome - that is one of my favourite comfort foods! As close to Broccoli and Stilton as you can get without all the wasted syns!! x

am going to make this as it sounds yummy and have a very big slow cooker. even better that i can bung it in and leave it. like the idea of using freezer bags/mugs to put it in.

Super Speed Soup

1 can mixed bean salad
1 can green lentils
2 cans chopped tomatoes
1 can baked beans
Handful of split lentils
2 large leeks
1 large onion
4 large carrots
2 parsnips
Green, red or yellow pepper
2 beef stock cubes
Salt & pepper
Mixed herbs
Water (enough to cover all ingredients)

Chop all veg and put everything in pan, cover with water bring to boil and simmer until veg are soft.

Can be left chunky or blended.

Can be frozen

Enjoy

Just made this - yummy yummy yummy :D:D
Didn't have any parsnips so added large sweet potato and mixed dried coriander leaf thro it.
A small question, original recipe had parsnips is it still super speed?

Thanks so much for posting recipe lesserme

Making this now. Will update you - fell off the wagon last night so need this - this week

Added brocolli to it this time round, and just had a bowl full with quorn mince in it tastes gorgeous!

Thought I would try making some butternut squash soup today as went out with a friend for lunch at Ask! Never eaten butternut squash before but I didnt like it at all. The texture was great, but it tasted soooooo sweet. Anyone else find this or is it just my wierd veg taste buds again, so I had to resort to plan B..................syn free chips. Yum

I made this today and it is delicious! Enough to feed an army too! Thanks for the post xx

Back