Super Speed Soup

just made this for lunch so nice! added quorn chicken pieces for my second helping made it even more lovely.

speed soup??

Hiya

Have noticed people commenting on speed soup. Just wondering what you all think of this? I'm quite fussy with soups, what does it taste like? And do any of you have any variations? I think It'd be handy to make a batch for lunch and have some in the fridge in case I get peckish. xxx

welshchick said:
Hiya

Have noticed people commenting on speed soup. Just wondering what you all think of this? I'm quite fussy with soups, what does it taste like? And do any of you have any variations? I think It'd be handy to make a batch for lunch and have some in the fridge in case I get peckish. xxx

I have had it all week, I'm not really a soup person, I only eat my dads home made soup with ham shank and veggies but spped soup isn't too bad. I do blend it though

Just beware it makes you very windy, oh and I was having trouble going to loo but mow that's fixed so that's probably soup too
Give it a whirl it's not as bad as if sounds

Is there a specific recipe to follow or just whatever speed vege's you fancy?

TheMissus said:
Is there a specific recipe to follow or just whatever speed vege's you fancy?

Speed soup
can mixed bean salad
can green lentils
2 cans chopped tomatoes
can baked beans
handful of split lentils
2 large leeks
large onion
4 medium carrots
2 parsnips
1 green 1 red and 1 yellow pepper
2 ham stock cubes
salt and pepper
mixed herbs
water to cover ingredients

chop and put all veg in pan and everything else cover and bring to boil simmer until soft

can be left chunky or blended
That's the recipe I used but added butternut squash and sweet pot and left parsnips out

Yeah I'd prolly add sweet potatoes too to thicken it up a bit and swap the ham cubes for veg. Might try this next week, thanks for the recipe.

did anyone else find this soup really sweet? Didnt really like it but still have 5 portions left in the freezer!

Have you found that this aids weight loss at all? could do with a week or two of good loses to bump start things a bit! xx
ive had at least one portion a day this week since weigh in so i'll let you know how it goes on tuesday

I enjoyed it.... I added some mixed herbs and some cumin to flavour/spice it up a bit. I found it tasty, but like what's been previously said, it does make you windy!!!

Made this tonight. It certainly does make a lot! My massive pot was full to the brim. Going to have to go to Tesco tomorrow to get more tupperware to store it in!

I must admit I was a bit dubious about putting baked beans in a soup, but it is delish, and extremely filling.

two questions: how come rthis can be blended and still be syn free, yet fruit can't? Also, judging by the lentils, mixed beans and baked beans, I assume this is ONLY free on Green? Any answers wld be great within nxt few mins as have been up since 5am and need my kip (but wld love to plough into making this tomorrow)..!!! ;o))

Yum yum yum!!

Love this soup on Extra Easy :)

Great for work and quick snacks I line mugs with cling film and pour the cooled soup in - then freeze.
Once solid remove the soup lumps from the mugs and just store in the freezer til needed.

As required - remove a lump - stick in a mug and microwave!!

two questions: how come rthis can be blended and still be syn free, yet fruit can't? Also, judging by the lentils, mixed beans and baked beans, I assume this is ONLY free on Green? Any answers wld be great within nxt few mins as have been up since 5am and need my kip (but wld love to plough into making this tomorrow)..!!! ;o))

It's still free tho blended as it is SO filling - and full of fibre.

It's free on Green and Extra Easy - not Red xx

I made this yesterday and was a bit gutted as i burnt it a bit and it didnt taste that great because all i could taste was burnt lentils lol and it came out a brown colour ?? is this the colour its supposed to be? I think next time i will try it in the slow cooker so i dont burn it!! :-(

I like the "freeze in a bag in a mug" idea.. means you have exactly the right amount for a mug and that it fits into the mug while frozen ready for the microwave.. ( assuming of course that the mug you freeze it in is the same size or smaller than the rest of your mugs.. :) )
the vending machine at work has a lot of unused cups on top of it ( a bloke there takes them out when they drop and lets the machine fill straight into his mug.. ), so I might liberate some of those to use as freezing containers..

mine tends to be a redish brown colour, more down to the mix of other colours and use of tomato as a base for it.. ( red pepers, green pepers, leeks etc.. red and green make brown, and the stock is brown generally.. )

Back