Super Speed Soup

I THINK I'm making some of this in the slow cooker...
well it's not exactly to recipe, but close enough..
I added garlic, didn't use the split lentils ( couldn't find any in the shop ), and missed out the baked beans ( for now.. might add them later as they're already cooked really? )

it all just about fit in my 3.5ltr slow cooker and since they don't boil, it shouldn't boil over??? I hope...

it all just about fit in my 3.5ltr slow cooker and since they don't boil, it shouldn't boil over??? I hope...

It shouldn't boil over, no. If it all fitted in, then it'll be fine in there :)

I left out the baked beans, (I LOVE beans of all description - including haricot beans which is what baked beans are - but cannot stand the sauce the baked beans come in :jelous:, and never eat them or have them in the house! I did add extra haricots I'd pre-cooked though) and totally forgot to bung in the split lentils - didn't actually notice they were missing for a few days either :eek: So it sounds like the one you're making is pretty much the same as the version I made (which is delicious, so fret not about your changes lol)

If you do decide to add the baked beans later on, it should be fine. As you rightly point out, they are already cooked. The only thing I would say about adding them sooner is that it would give them, and the other ingredients more time for the flavours (including that of the sauce the baked beans come in) to mingle and deepen, iyswim.

HTH

My dad made some of this for me & my mum.
I wasn't too keen on it when i had it as soup (i'm fussy with soup!) But i added quorn pieces & a tsp of mixed spice then had it as a casserole with a baked potato- it is sooooo yummy.
I'm sure it would be nice with chicken too if you are doing extra easy (i'm doing green)

thanks 4 this will give it ago! x

Could the point be that it's super speedy to make, not to increase the rate of weight loss????? !!!

This isn`t free on a red day .. baked beans are 4 syns per 100g

:)

Would be free on EE and green tho

Going back on the speedy soup after having a bad weeks and gaining 4lbs:sigh: Luckily have quite a few bowls full of it in the freezer so wont have to worry about makin it up as both my princesses are down with a cold and one was has an ear infection:cry:

Could the point be that it's super speedy to make, not to increase the rate of weight loss????? !!!

Hmmm interesting...

Took me ages to peel and chop the veg so that may be a hole in your theory LOL

It helps a lot with my weight loss. Made with wholefoods that are easy to digest and so filling that it cuts down on snacking. Also, having a big pot on the go means I have something ready to eat when I come home so less likely to grab something unhealthy.

Well I am givin it ago!!

Added cellery too! More speeds in there!

But woah!! I had to use 3 saucepans!! Once blended it filled my whole mixing bowl!!! Have no idea where I'm storing the soup lol

I was worried of tryin it as all the beens n lentils but once blended it's nice!!

Good weight loss here I come! Cuz looks like I got soup every day... Might turn some into a curry!!

I've been wondering about this too! Would love to know the recipe :)

Brilliant, thanks! I might make some up later if I have all the ingredients in. Will have to substitute the pepper though, I hate yucky peppers!

I make a variation on this and I made some more yesterday and it makes masses :D-I ended up with 5lts of it -luckily I was planning on having it for lunch every day this week -but only because I love it :D.
Mine isn't soup so much as stew as its almost solid... be warned though -it does seem to make everyone I have spoken to rather windy ... and it isn't pleasant -so perhaps don't eat it if you are planning on spending time in a confined space -or in pleasant company :p

I've seen a couple of people mention this, does anyone have a recipe please? Is this nice/effective?

It is lovely :)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=7712532&l=fe0cea5975&id=749772576
♥ Speed Soup Free on Extra Easy and Green ♥

1 can mixed bean salad
1 can green lentils
2 cans chopped tomatoes
1 can baked beans
Handful of split lentils
2 large leeks
1 large onion
4 medium carrots
2 parsnips