Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Morning Susie... Hope you slept well? Have a lovely day xx

Morning lovely Di - slept like a log until 5am, had a cup of tea and then Orbs and I crashed out for another 5 hours!

Happy to report an 8lb loss for the week :D Onwards and downwards!

Hi well done on this loss, loved moonlights message.....you can do it.

Thx all - I'm feeling good, think I am getting that burst of energy you all talk about - or maybe it was the TEN hours sleep I got last night :D

B - 3 bacon, 2 eggs, tea and coffee, water
L - cabbage, chorizo, mushrooms sauteed in butter with 50ml Alpro cream
D - leftovers all chucked in together - pork, sossies, cabbage

Also had a good long think about the flat buying situation (not again! they groan in unison LOL) and strangely, as i type, the agent has just rung and said the vendors don't want to do the lease extension so I've withdrawn (again!). It's definitely a sign that that flat just isn't for me...:(

There are some smaller but much cheaper properties in St Leonards, where I can avoid all the borrowing levels and leasehold issues, but still move to the coast and have that lifestyle - and with £ in the bank to cover me if work goes all silly. There are going to be hundreds of people on the media/PR job market once the Games are over, so it's not the time to be lookng for work with no money in the bank.

Here's some flats. Look forward to your honest opinions :)

This one is small but in great nick and fab garden plus close to the station and beach - 1 bedroom flat for sale in Church Road, St Leonards On Sea, East Sussex, TN37

Or this one - tidy flat, ensuite plus one other b/r, dining area and lounge, small back area - again, close to the station, been on the market for ages -

1 bedroom flat for sale in Warrior Gardens, St. Leonards-On-Sea TN37, TN37

This one I considered before but never saw it - further from the station but two beds, big garden, tidy, also up for an offer

2 bedroom flat for sale in Garden Flat, London Road, ST LEONARDS-ON-SEA, TN37, TN37

This is more £ but has the character I like, is in a great spot although further from station, and only bathroom is ensuite -

1 bedroom apartment for sale in Markwick Terrace, St. Leonards-On-Sea, East Sussex, TN38

This has been on the market forever, problem with the tenant not letting people in - so defo an offer to be made - but the ground charges seem very high!

2 bedroom flat for sale in Chapel Park Road, Hastings, TN37, TN37

Last edited:
Yes hun think it could be the phone. Not to worry...they are all smaller, but nice, so will think about viewing next weekend.

Great on the 8lbs Susie. Your doing amazing.

My fav is Markwick Terrace, strange about the bathroom you don't want everyone traipsing into your bedroom. Is there anywhere you could put in a tiny wc?

Love the garden on the first one.

I'm sure you'll know the right one when you see it. X

Fan-bloody-tastic on the 8 lbs Susie!!! Brilliant - well done!!! Am a bit shattered as we were walking in Regents Park then onto dinner and a show .. Will check the flats out in the morning ... Huge hugs for being such a loser!!! Xxx

Like 3, 4 & 5 bestest! The garden is lush in the first but with the British weather it means you'll only use it twice a year! Would have been a lush day to have hooked up today, the coast was sunny & fresh.xx

It was windier than my grandfather's trousers here.

So we will go househunting another weekend, Linz - and finally find the place for me :)

Morning sweetie... hope you have a stressful and relaxing day today... don't under estimate how much anxiety and stress can be around house hunting! xxx

LOL@Lisa - I have onsets every day :)

Speaking of onsets, got a very funny email today from my first ex who has been a good friend for years. On the evening I od'ed on gin last week, I texted to ask him to do *the honours* in the babystakes (as you do) - OOPS :eek::D - followed by an apology email!

He said at 52 it might take him a few goes, bless him :D We still have fond feelings for each other - never mind that he's married with four kids and in NZ :) And he is of course convinced that I'm a nutter - which is true :D

Lazy day here. Am feeling pretty relaxed about everything, especially because a mate who also contracts, came round yesterday and we did a budget for me based on working four days a week - and the situation's much better than I thought. So I am going to enjoy having Mondays off! No sleep in tomorrow though, the sister of a good Ozzie mate is flying in so we're planning to meet and do - who knows?

Afternoon, Susie! I think I like the first flat best, but that's because of the garden - my priorities are such that I always consider the outdoor space first, lol.

Pity there aren't more photos of the last one and that it isn't being presented well - that could be a winner.

Don't envy you one bit tbh...I hate house-hunting, hence the reason we've stayed in a titchy little house for 12 years now when we actually out-grew it in terms of space about 10 years ago! :rolleyes:

Anyway, hope you have great, Atkins-friendly day! :)

Back