Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Have one or five for me please! Work is driving me nuts.

Will do Lisa - and it's nearly home time for you now, TG! Just think of a nice voddie in the back garden :)

LOVE Little House on the Prairie!!! Not seen it in yonks!!

It's fab, ain't it (on True Entertainment channel, following The Waltons) - reminds me of being a kid, when life was so much simpler and we didn't have lots of pesky grown up dramas to deal with! Michael Landon was soooo handsome - and it always makes me shed a tear :)

At least I've gone from counting down the hours to counting down the minutes lol. Trev bought a fresh bottle of vodie yesterday and I didn't open it, but I'm going home to dive in head first :D

Just saw lovely news on FB that Rachel, who was an Atkinser for a while, has had a wee girl on Wednesday - welcome to the world, Emma! xxx

Morning all

Cracking day here - but too hot for little 'uns like me to go outdoors.

Another wait in for a delivery today, the oven this time - and then I can bake meat again, instead of frying everything! Might make courgette parmigiana, had a hankering for it all week :)

Yaye - oven delivered by helpful guys from Argos (and they took the old one away), and a lovely lady sparky called Kelly had it all connected up in 5 minutes!

Woohoo - I'd switch it on if only it wasn't so hot in the flat already! :D

Yaye to the oven Susie!! But on the hottest day of the year it's a bit too much heat! Hope you're having a fab weekend xx

i really would have loved to have known what the temp was in mine tonight,five burners on....man i think i'm still
cooking inside :eek:

LOL@Lainey - man it is way too hot for cooking!

Trouble is, I have to burn off the chemicals and stuff for about half an hour - ah well, suppose it could be worse. Like no oven at all. Or NO sleep. Bad Girl Orbit was a dirty stop out, went wandering about 7pm and didn't come back in until quarter past five! So of course I fretted and couldn't sleep, and now I have a headache, whereas she's just shrugging her catty shoulders, going "I don't see the problem...". Grrr.

Lovely foot doctor Jon is due soon, so better clean up a bit. Later, peeps xxx

Tsk...naughty Orbit.:(

I have vivid memories of my mum wandering around the neighbourhood at 3 am gently shaking a box of cat biscuits to lure our two cats home from mouse-hunting, or whatever it was they were up to :rolleyes: - she could never sleep unless she knew they were home.

Cats, eh?

Yep that was me too - Dreamies normally have her running, but not this time :(

Desperately tired but don't want to nap or I won't sleep tonight. My feet feel good, though :)

Cats do that in hot weather. My boy is mostly too old for it now but in his younger days hot weather meant I'd be crawling round the neighbors gardens looking for him at 3am.

Well so much for that idea, she sneaked out and is nowhere to be seen and not responding to Dreamies calls - I have to just try to relax and hope she'll be OK!

Tried out the new oven after burning off the chemicals (which didn't smell too bad, happily), it's a bit slower cooking than the fan one I had, but nice to have one again! Although the flat is now as hot as the inside of the oven...

Also had a lovely time downloading lots of free Kindle crime books - found a programme that takes the lock off them so I can plonk them on my Sony e-reader. Lots of fab reading for my holibobs all sorted - not too long to go now :D

Yaye Orbs has just come back in, so she's munching on Dreamies and I've closed all the windows and doors :)

Last edited:
So pleased you have the oven Susie! Hope you sleep well! Xx

OMG wasn't it hot last night?! And didn't help with all the windows closed - some people really thrive in hot weather but I ain't one of them. feel like a wrung out dishcloth this morning!

For those interested in the paleo style of eating, here's a blog I subscribe to - has some nice recipes » Against All Grain Against All Grain

I've also made a decision about woes. Am going to try not to go mad over the next two weeks, then I'm on hols for 10 days, so it's back to JUDDD-low carb when I get back.

think i give up on stressing over food,i've got a headache this morning already...
but that's probably dehydration for over night,was that hot or what ! miss the air con from on holiday lol

Back