Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Have a fab time susie - will wave on the motorway!
Xxx

Missing you Susie ... keep safe! love you! xx

Have a wonderful holiday, sorry to hear about the job but as you said maybe life is going to change.
"I expect the best and I'll deal with the rest".

Hello darlings, am in Reims sipping on a pastis and trying to recover from the heatwave we've experienced - up to about 42 one day!

Back late tomorrow, will catch up properly then. Haven't missed you at all LOL xxxx

Hey Susie!! Hugs xx

Evening lovelies!!!!!

I had an amazing time, saw some great sights, did way too much shopping on frivolous but completely essential things, got a tan and had lots of important thinking time. Really good crowd on the coach, and the drivers (a married couple) were lovely - often the drivers don't eat or mix with the passengers, but our two couldn't have been more different - so we spent a lot of time relaxing with them. We had some great laughs, including getting lost in Monte Carlo, and a few of us are talking about going to Croatia together next year.

I had one gelato, ate bread and pasta every day but somehow only managed to put one pound on! Was guzzling water like nobody's business - it was SO hot, 35-43, and one day I managed 4 1/2 litres - Vicki would be proud of me :D Also didn't drink red wine (too hot), but had my fair share of limoncello and white wine - so I expect it is down to water loss and walking. Lots of walking - even staggered up 150 steps to a castle ruin in Dolceacqua one exceedingly steamy day. I looked immaculate at the top (not), as you can imagine!

So, great time had - but it's always nice to come home to El Rancho Felsham :)

Poor Orby was in the wars, got bitten a couple of days ago by the Nasty Bullyboy Stalker tabby and the wonderful house sitter took her to the vet today because it was abscessing - but Orby was a good girl, took her injection like a little trouper and will be on the mend in no time. I will have fun and games getting the tablets down her, but I'm just so relieved she will be OK. The vet (who fell in love with her and vice versa) said she was in great condition, coat all good, teeth fine, etc, but I have to go easy on feeding her Dreamies :eek:

Also got the job quandary sorted. I had a good hard think about what it is that I really want - you know me, I've been going on about security and stability for ages - so am going to apply for the job and hope I get it - and then negotiate afterwards on working from home and moonlighting, etc.

So - happy days, Glass of red in hand - because there is no sun here....and next mission is to put an electric catflap in - and find Orbit a safer home!

Incidentally, I missed you all terribly! Going to catch up on the news now, but post here if I've missed anything REALLY juicy :D xxxx

Huge hugs Soooooooozie!! Xxxxxxxx

Welcome back Susie, missed you and your great banter.!

Glad you had a good time, sounds very relaxing and fun.

Sounds a good plan with the job.

Aww little Orby, bless her. Boo hiss to bullyboy.

Enjoy your wine :) x

loved your post sounds like a fabulous trip, and well done on the gain of only 1lb i think mine would have been 1stone.. i had same problem with my cat few months back she ended up losing her sight due to the pain and had to have her abscess drained surgically, thankfully her sight came back once she was on the mend. glad to have you back xx

Welcome back Susie:) sounds like a fab hols and get well ((hugs)) to Orby xxx

Lovely to be back with wonderful ladies who all get my weight worries and brain nonsense :D

Thanks Katie - Orbs is being very cuddly, I think she missed me (all together now - "Awwwww...." :D), but I am so dam mad at the other cat. Is it legal to kill stalker cats? JK I would never do that - but if it comes near me and there's a shoe handy, different story!

It's back to induction for me from Friday (no food in the house and no time to do shopping) for a couple of weeks to clean out the carbs and caffeine from my system, then will decide on 5-2/JUDDD/Atkins - or a mixture of all three. The hol has made me realise I'm not as carb sensitive as I thought, so might try upping the carbs as some of you suggested recently, and doing more walking. I really started to feel pain in my knees this holiday, and it was no fun being overtaken by old ladies on steep church steps, etc. I know I can do something if I really want to - climbing up to the castle ruin being a perfect example. It was such hard going, but I was determined to get there - so stopped for breathers when I needed to, then kept on putting one foot in front of the other. So just need to apply the same thinking to losing weight - but more for the sake of my health than anything else.

Onwards and downwards! :D

oh i do sympathise with the knees and the climbing up the castle, it reminds me of a very painful visit i had to Dover Castle, lovely day if i was fitter! my heart was pounding much of the day and i was out of breathing n wheezing. ugh.

5-2 or JUDDD? what are they?

Welcome home Suzie, so glad you had such a lovely holiday, sounds wonderful. Bet Orby is glad to have you home. Well done on the 1lb that is amazing, I am still working on losing the weight I put on during my holiday. Have a great day :)

Morning cherub! So lovely to have you back here - have truly missed you! x

Can't believe that it was just a pound! must have been the heat that help!! Well done!

Poor Orby - what an awful thing to happen to her!!

I SO sympathize with the puffing/knee pain stuff - I've been there done that and NEVER want to be there again - thankfully that hardly happens now for me - but, I DO think that you are far more determined than I ever was. I would prefer to just watch folk go uphills or climb steps rather than take part - I had no killer instinct! lol So WELL DONE on doing that - amazing!!!

Have also noticed that the heat doesn't affect me like it used to.

Anyway, Soooooooooooooooooozzzzzzzzzz - you rock girl!!! Getting back into the zone this week will be amazing! Love you xxx

Morning Susie, sounds like a wonderful time love, I'm so pleased for you. Welcome back. :)

Bonjour! Lovely to have you back, Susie! :D

Sounds like you had a fab trip and well done on climbing in that heat - goodness me! I don't think I could do that now:eek: There would be a puddle of Scrumbles about halfway up if I even tried, lol!

(((Orby))) Hope she's better now. Our old cats used to get bullied by a big, nasty black and white cat - Mum used to go after it with a water pistol whenever she caught it stalking one of them. It didn't stick around for long, lol :cool:

Back