Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Hi all

Evening was lovely, a really nice catch up. My friend looks so well - and so huge - but says she's sure the baby won't come until next week, so we have a little time to wait yet.

Then home to another dreadful night's sleep after using Beconase (like nasonex) - thought my nose was going to explode! Horrible. So am going to keep using the spray until Christmas, then go off it then, so at least I'm not getting anxious about missing work - like today :(

Been sleeping on and off today, wonder if I've actually got a bug....

Anyhoo, really need to get my act into gear. I keep reading everyone's wonderful stories of weight loss over 2012, when all I've done is lose a bit then pile it back on again. If I'd stayed focused when I first started, I would have been at target over a year ago!

The house is full of bread and other carby stuff again, and all my promises to try and eat more fruit and veg haven't translated into reality - unless you count lemon shortbread as one of your 5 a day :eek:

I think it's a matter of finding a time when your head will really be in it and you know there will be no interruptions (maybe jan?) and then, honestly, just picking a diet and sticking to it. Which is no where near as easy as it sounds, I know. I think seeing people on here trying other diets etc can be distracting, and it's easy to give up what you're doing thinking there are greener pastures elsewhere. Almost all diets work but you really really have to give them time, promise yourself a full month with no slips at all and once youve got through that you'll just be in the habit. The good thing about having tried a few diets is that hopefully you'll know which will be most comfortable for you. Just make sure you're ready to commit - losing weight is not the most important thing in the world. I've been dieting for a long time and there have been whole years where being on some kind of plan wasn't right for me. I too could have been at target years ago. You'll find the right thing at the right time xx

I think seeing people on here trying other diets etc can be distracting, and it's easy to give up what you're doing thinking there are greener pastures elsewhere. /QUOTE]

Thanks for the thoughtful post ML. And I am very guilty of the greener pastures thing! I think you're right - get Christmas out of the way and make a fresh start in January.

Well, considering I slept most of yesterday, I surprised myself by getting another 5 or so hours again last night. Woke up at 4.30am but was too blocked up to nod off again - but I left it alone and got up and read for a bit. I am not experimenting with any more treatments, I just can't afford the time off work. That Beconase is awful stuff, going to chuck it out, it felt like my face was going to explode with the pressure! Also think it has developed into an infection from ykw changing colour - but it's not surprising considering the irritation I've been putting my poor nose through...

Anyhoo, onwards and STS-wards :)

I think seeing people on here trying other diets etc can be distracting, and it's easy to give up what you're doing thinking there are greener pastures elsewhere

Thanks for the thoughtful post ML. And I am very guilty of the greener pastures thing! I think you're right - get Christmas out of the way and make a fresh start in January.

Well, considering I slept most of yesterday, I surprised myself by getting another 5 or so hours again last night. Woke up at 4.30am but was too blocked up to nod off again - but I left it alone and got up and read for a bit. I am not experimenting with any more treatments, I just can't afford the time off work. That Beconase is awful stuff, going to chuck it out, it felt like my face was going to explode with the pressure! Also think it has developed into an infection from ykw changing colour - but it's not surprising considering the irritation I've been putting my poor nose through...

Anyhoo, onwards and STS-wards :)

- unless you count lemon shortbread as one of your 5 a day :eek:

I'm counting M&S baked potato flavor crisps and wine as 2 of my 5 a day. Potato and grapes.

I've been reading diaries too and everyone else seems so focused. ML is spot on all plans work, it's just finding the right one. I'm starting South Beach after my son goes back to uni in January.

Afternoon Susie, L is again full of a cold and all bunged up and I went home last night to find her spaced out on night nurse - so many bugs doing the rounds, lets hope this cold weather kills some of em off !! As for diet, I have been in the same position as you for a few months now, can't settle to any one diet for more than 3 or 4 days and it is driving me crazy. I also now don't have a hard surface in the house on which to put my scales which is a bit daunting to say the least. Not sure what the answer is either but not giving up, and I am sure you won't either - we will find our way xxxx

You can't fail if you don't give up and it doesn't look like anyone's throwing in the towel to me - just planning your next step.

I do get the feeling though. Part of the reason I don't tell people when I'm dieting (aside from finding being watched / commented on unbearable) is that then if I fail no one will know.

Very true hun!

Well, home reasonably early after the last concert of the year, and managed to wriggle out of the VIP event :D

Feet up time!

Morning hun - not too bad sleep wise - although I got up in the night to put the heating on and woke up with my tongue glued to the roof of my mouth :D

Am off on the Coastal Commuting Experiment a week Monday - really looking forward to it :D

Catch up day today, then out with the work girls tonight.

Afternoon Susie
OMG I got so drunk last night (managed to take my lenses out somehow, just don't remember doing it) trail of clothes to the bed and full make up still on, hell it was a good night :D
Looking forward to hearing how your trial commute goes - be a nice change for you too xxx

LMAO Brennie - you rock, girl! :D

Am a bit squiffy myself after a few stiff drinks - also got chatted up - but my mate outed him...lol such is my luck :)

Evening all

Busy day here, had to go into work for a bit, but all sorted now. Nice to be home, it's brrr out there!

Mr Tesco ordered for tomorrow, and might get stuck into cooking all the lurking veg in the fridge up. Veggie casserole, anyone? :)

Yummmm veggie casserole! Recipe pls!! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Morning - and lol@Stef - no recipe as such hun - I just chuck everything into the slow cooker with some stock and a can of chopped tomatoes.

How many cubes? And can I use frozen veg? As U can see I'm clueless about cooking :D xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

LOL join the club Stef - I don't fess up about my kitchen disasters - there are too many of them! :)

Yes it's fine to use frozen veg, although they go a bit mushy - but add a bit more body to it. I just use one stock - but sometimes I put in a chicken one instead of veg - I also add a splash of Lea and Perrins and a few chilli flakes. I love the slow cooker but it's not great at holding flavour from spices and so on.

Am absolutely craving eggs at the moment - but Mr Tesco's not due until 3pm. Leftovers for lunch!

Back