Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Popping in to subscribe. Sounds like a fantastic holiday. Must have been a bit of a shock to the system, coming back to our current weather!

Hi Moonwatcher - yes the weather was a bit grim to start with, but it has been gorgeous this weekend - long may it continue, eh? :)

Hi Susie, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your posts and glad to be able to finally say hello. Hope you are well?

And hello back to you Goldilukes! Glad you got a smile out of my ramblings :)

All well here thanks ladies (and Jim :)), been sorting out my clothes from the holiday today, let's hope the sun stays out! Still not got much in the way of food in the house, so finally got the breadmaker out of its box, and a (non Atkins) wholemeal loaf is under way. Will make up a green power soup in a mo, and thought I'd try making some hummus.

I did Susie and thanks for helping keep me on the straight and narrow with your diary ramblings. How is Di? I just finished reading her diary and wondered where she had got to and if she was ok.

How is Di? I just finished reading her diary and wondered where she had got to and if she was ok.

As far as I know, she is, Goldi - haven't heard from her in a while here but see her pop up on mfp.

Well I have lost my focus big time - pizza twice on the weekend, with the feeble excuse that there was no food in the house...so tomorrow is the new Monday. I did WI this morning and have put on loads, but not going to confess how much - will just let you all know when I get back to posted.

I did get a bit railroaded by the holiday, tbh, and am just so frustrated by the lack of kitchen space that I'm using it as an excuse to buy bought stuff, and bad stuff at that.

That's a good sign if you've seen activity on her mfp then. Hope she comes back.
Sorry to hear you've gone off a bit, it's not easy is it...I notice once I let go for even a second that's it, I am having to drag myself back in to the zone. Plus there are so many hidden things that send us spinning on this diet that it just triggers the food demons again and they a fricken hard to ignore. Bullet please ;)

Morning Susie,I hope focus has returned. I am the same on holiday, once I start eating things I shouldn't I totally loose the plot and eat and drink everything. I try to keep the focus for as long as possible and say to myself that I will have these things in a few days....sometimes it works other times I start on the first day.

Morning Susie, I don't mind being an honorary lady, especially as I have such nice legs. LOL.

LOL Jim - welcome to the fold :D

Having a better day house-wise today - got three properties to look at on Friday and the weekend, two shared ownership (SO) ones and one open market cheapy doer-upperer. One of the SOs is new build and the other about eight years old, so no drama with the lease, nasty freeholders, etc. The only slight shadow is that you're not supposed to have pets - and I couldn't possibly give Orbit away - but I think it's mostly to stop people having big noisy dogs. So, I hope a little quiet tabby won't worry them too much...

I'm sure one little pussy cat won't upset the landlord, I think you are right it's a clause in case someone brings along the hound of the baskervilles type dog. We were lucky our landlord let us move in with 20 poms yes 20 we keep the place nice Nd clean and we are working on the land (which was left a disgrace by the previous tenants) to make it safe secure with new fencing and kennel runs etc. at the moment we've got 2 acres but there are gaps everywhere so dogs are grounded to a certain gated area on,y right now...bless them.

Good luck with the new flat search, I hope you are lucky this time.
@goldi...I love dogs,but 20...yikes!

Yes 20 but.......they keep me on my toes, I work from home and they are a delight. We've even got 5 puppies here at the moment and possibly more on the way, hate finding them new homes but can't keep them all. Will be 101 before I know it hahah.

101 sounds right LOL, oh my goodness you must be a major dog lover :D

Heard on the radio today there had been "modest house price rises" last month and nearly spat out my tea. "Gigantic" would be the word I'd use, in London at least! A house I looked at in Plumstead (not a great area in SE London) about six months ago, which was on for £160K, went back on the market for £220K (way over my budget) and got sold overnight FFS.

Retail therapy is rearing its ugly head again, bought myself a lovely juicer yesterday, as I want to introduce more juices into my diet. I had lots of freshly squeezed pomegranate juice and other flavours while I was away, and it's a great way to get the dreaded broccoli into me :D

Lol Susie, retail therapy always works. Yes huge dog lover and a hobby breeder of pomeranians, I absolutely love raising them, smelling puppy breath and setting up their baby play mats when they get up on their feet but....manicured nails and puppy poo just don't seem to mix unless I go for the darkest brun shade roflma

house prices are just ridiculous lately, I remember looking in to flats in london as I did a fair bit of work down there at one point and I could nt believe the prices of 1 bed teensy flats compared to 4 bed detached cottages with land up here :(

Morning. Time to take myself in hand. My scales have been hidden for about 6 months but were used yesterday and left in a prominent place so I stood on them this morning and nearly cried :cry:I have gained a whopping 2.5 stone over the past 3 years!! I have fired up my much neglected My Fitness Pal and am going to calorie count as I don't have the money to do slim and save. We have a short break planned next week from Wednesday then a holiday a month after that. I have to do this as I have literally no clothes to wear :(

Awe Lisa, sorry to hear that :( the fact you are even tackling it head on though is great so keep that in mind. Didn't you used to do Atkins? Slim and save and Cambridge type diets are not very cheap are they :( I remember ding Cambridge and my oh handing me the money with a look that said (make sure you stick with this *****) lol because it cost a fortune especially once I went on to all the bars etc. you can do it!

Hi Goldi, I had to stop Atkins due to gallstones but I didn't actually lose on it anyway lol. The only way I've ever lost weight is VLCD but I can't afford it right now plus it's very unforgiving! I'm hoping CC will work for me as it's easy to adjust - my OH loves to eat out or pop in to a coffee shop randomly ;) I have MFP on my phone so no excuse for making bad choices on the move. Being back in an office 5 days a week for the past year has also had an effect as I worked at home before so was always able to make a nice fresh lunch and plan a sensible dinner.

Me too Lisa I gained 28 lbs - mfp is great I'm back on it too and no wine for one month ugh - Susie I posted your Donna leon today sorry it took so long - will put my books on a disk and hopefully send out to you next week x

Hi Goldi, I had to stop Atkins due to gallstones but I didn't actually lose on it anyway lol. The only way I've ever lost weight is VLCD but I can't afford it right now plus it's very unforgiving! I'm hoping CC will work for me as it's easy to adjust - my OH loves to eat out or pop in to a coffee shop randomly ;) I have MFP on my phone so no excuse for making bad choices on the move. Being back in an office 5 days a week for the past year has also had an effect as I worked at home before so was always able to make a nice fresh lunch and plan a sensible dinner.

ouch I Aways knew that on vlcd you could get gall bladder problems but not on Atkins, will watch out for that eeek.
I love eating and drinking it too so cc would probably be far better for that. I love Starbucks extra shot flat whites with soya milk but I'm surest very unforgiving on Atkins.

Back