Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Hey miss... have a fab saturday, can't believe yr gonna be within touching distance! Hope you find yr next home. xx

Morning lovelies I'm at the seaside!!!!! And you cynics even the sun has come out! LOL. V excited about flathunting, nothing like nosing around other people's houses :)

Linz go to sequencehomes.co.uk or type in St Leonards, , it's West Hill, £105k, huge rooms lovely area and might be able to get it for 95!

Afternoon all, just in the door after sleeping all the way back on the train lol :)

Thx all for your kind comments about the flat - here's the details - 1 bedroom flat for sale in West Hill Road, St. Leonards-On-Sea, TN38

Went back to see it this morning and now need to make a decision - so lovelies, I need your help!

PROs
- sea view from the bedroom
- huge bedroom and lounge, and good size bathroom (which I could eventually put a huge walk in shower in!)
- loft - might have possibility of being converted in the future
- share of freehold
- low service charge and long lease
- 1st floor - so no more upstairs neighbour clattering about!
- 2 minutes from the beach
- GCH
- could move straight in

CONS
- up to 2 hour commute each way
- no outside space
- would have liked a bigger kitchen (although it's bigger than what I have now!)

What's the verdict? Sxx

Hi Susie,
Glad you had a good trip and it does look gorgeous. Obviously only one person can decide whether to go ahead and that's you!!!!!! however here are some thoughts

For each of the cons - what does it really mean......
Commute - everything else down there is also 2 hours so if you want to be by the sea then has the commute. How often and how will you use it? I actually enjoy when i have. 35min run to town as long as i can always get a seat plus read or listen to music
Outside space - how and when do you use it? What's the trade off and whats the alternative?
Kitchen-as above

Many places are a balance - if you are happy and have the time you can look around some more but make sure you wont end up in regret mode

To finish i would say- do the research, be pragmatic and rational (as you already are) - and then follow your heart:)
Good luck
Xxx

Looks lovely Susie, and do you really need outside space when sea front is so close? Kitchen, as long as it is big enough to cook in.....you have room for a dining table in your lounge if you want space to eat in comfort. Commute, well if that is where you want to live then that will be your trade off, and you never know, you might find something more local down the line job-wise? I think it is down to your gut instinct myself - so go with what makes you happy :D
xxx

Thx ladies, good advice.

I've checked with the station about the commute, apparently you can always get a seat in the morning going to London, but it's busy coming back. Thought I'd try for a flexible 10-6pm type work arrangement.

The outside space was just for me to smoke out of (!), so guess I can use the kitchen window to puff out of when I feel the need - and the bathroom is large enough to put a clothes airer in for clothes to dry :)

I know exactly what you mean about regret, Katie - I loved it the minute I walked in and wouldn't want to lose it - spent last night 'moving' my furniture in LOL. I can see polished boards, a lovely long window seat in the living room, the fireplace painted white, plantation shutters mmmm - and let's face it, I would never get anything like it that I could even afford to rent in London, never mind buy, I am so priced out of the market.

And the kitchen is big enough for a dishwasher! Nuff said :)

You are welcome (how weird is that? where has it gone???) plenty of room in lounge for a blow up bed too lol xx

LOL yes for my many guests! It's back now, must have been my puter....:)

A developer friend says I should offer £90K (and probably settle at £95K) - is that too cheeky?

Back